• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Glad to see the thread is mostly positive on OC. Dude just makes me smile. Confident he'll be used in the right way and should make for some memorable moments.

Foxhound

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Fallen out of favor with wrestling due to age and McMahon trying to win investors with the kiddie crap, but interested to at least check out the first show of this when it debuts on TNT.

Please give Attitude-era type wrestling. I want violence, I want blood, I want swearing, and I don't want corny gimmicks and promos.

Oct 25, 2017
Fallen out of favor with wrestling due to age and McMahon trying to win investors with the kiddie crap, but interested to at least check out the first show of this when it debuts on TNT.

Please give Attitude-era type wrestling. I want violence, I want blood, I want swearing, and I don't want corny gimmicks and promos.
you didn't grow up in the meantime?

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
It should be more adult and hopefully more mature in a good way but I wouldn't expect much blood outside of select PPV matches.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

I...am not sure you'll enjoy it if that's what you want in pro wrestling on a regular basis. Impact Wrestling might be your jam if this is what you want, though.

From AEW, you should expect great matches, awesome moves, some gimmicks, angles, and unique and colourful characters mixed with some hardass characters.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I...am not sure you'll enjoy it if that's what you want in pro wrestling on a regular basis. Impact Wrestling might be your jam if this is what you want, though.

From AEW, you should expect great matches, awesome moves, some gimmicks, angles, and unique and colourful characters mixed with some hardass characters.

What he wants is GCW.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh my god, the half-arsed thumbs-up is the best.
The fact he half-arses the thumbs up always makes me laugh too, just such commitment to the character :D

Never actually seen an OC match but saw a while back the clip with Daniels which i instantly loved, saw a few more clips and watched an interview and I absolutely cant wait to see OC in action on AEW TV.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
What he wants is GCW.

Wouldn't say the person who doesn't want "Corny gimmicks" would want the promotion with Invisible Man.

honestly if you want simple wrestling that's relatively serious and will have a decent amount of blood just watch AAW

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Signing Orange Cassidy seems like a smart play. The gimmick isn't really my thing but a lot of people seem to enjoy it. As long as they handle it with care, that can be a fun and unique act that will play well on a viral/social media level to attract eyes to their product. One of the best things about AEW is the variety and this should be an example of a comedy type act that isn't cringe-level like the librarian stuff.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I'd love to see what Rusev could do away from the WWE. The guy has a good look, he's an agile hoss, is charismatic. It's hard to understand how the WWE doesn't see something in him or can't find a use for him. Well, it's not really surprising, but baffling as usual.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Orange Cassidy is great but they should treat him like a dual personality type of character so he can also flex his wrestling skills too

Would be lame if he jobbed out with his atheletic-laziness every single appearance. Give it a switch up

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god, the half-arsed thumbs-up is the best.

This must be part of the 60% Cody was talking about, and I'm cool with that. Great signing.

Thinking of Private Party?

I'm still waiting for a video to show up of them vs. the Bucks last weekend.

I found the video. It was angelico and Jack Evans. Lol. Dumb me.

Anyway thinking of Rusev, what vkm did to Rusev Day, taking something hot as fuck and burning to the ground because reasons is criminal.
I'm fairly optimistic that nothing like that will happen in AEW. As the Bucks said "sometimes things simply catch fire and there's nothing you can do about it".

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Orange Cassidy is great but they should treat him like a dual personality type of character so he can also flex his wrestling skills too

Would be lame if he jobbed out with his atheletic-laziness every single appearance. Give it a switch up
I think he can flex his skills without really changing the gimmick.

Cassidy is going to be featured fairly often I would imagine even if its not every week, I think he's smart enough to know he'll have to switch up the routine more often, probably get into serious mode more often more quickly, not go through every OC spot every match, etc.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
I fell down a hour long rabbit hole of Sammi Guevara's youtube vlogs after his latest one appeared on my recommended section

(On an unrelated note, I am also excited to see what Orange Cassidy will bring to AEW)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gimmick wrestler like that work when they are indy circuit and people only see him once or twice. They die when they have to do the same thing weekly.

They could hide him in pre-recorded segments and add some layers to his character. Let's give him a chance. I'd say he has more depth than someone like Fandango or Tyler Breeze. We'll see.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could hide him in pre-recorded segments and add some layers to his character. Let's give him a chance. I'd say he has more depth than someone like Fandango or Tyler Breeze. We'll see.
I mean those guys were like better a wresltera then him though like he's like boring without the gimmick. For lot like of wreslter like this it's cool the first couple times you see it and then it just gets old.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I mean those guys were like better a wresltera then him though like he's like boring without the gimmick. For lot like of wreslter like this it's cool the first couple times you see it and then it just gets old.

It'll depend on his promos and who they put him up against. It's not like he's going to be booked as a top guy out of the gate. I'm willing to give AEW the benefit of the doubt for now. I really want to see them succeed.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll depend on his promos and who they put him up against. It's not like he's going to be booked as a top guy out of the gate. I'm willing to give AEW the benefit of the doubt for now. I really want to see them succeed.
I can't give them that benefits because I've seen what they do with there comedies / meme wrestler stuff and it's god-awful.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I hope AEW books a 3-way triple threat match between Cassidy, Joey Janela, and Marko Stunt just to troll the f out of Jim Cornette.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Gimmick wrestler like that work when they are indy circuit and people only see him once or twice. They die when they have to do the same thing weekly.
It's 2019, not 1989, there's hundreds of Orange Cassidy clips and even full matches out there that everyone can easily watch whenever they want. He's been popular for long enough at this point to know that he isn't just a one note joke or fad, he's a genuinely good comedic wrestler.

He obviously shouldn't be doing his thing every week but then no-one should because that's how you make them uninteresting, just look at how WWE runs almost everything they touch into the ground. That's not a reason why they shouldn't hire comedic wrestlers, it's a reason why they shouldn't have the same guys wrestling every week.

Having said all that, I won't disagree with you about AEW's comedic stuff so far but hopefully they'll eventually learn to leave the comedy to comedic wrestlers who're actually good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.