• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I thought it was widely known that the Court of Owls are going to be in the new Arkham game, but seemingly there's still some people in the dark about this. So here's all the evidence that show's The Court of Owls will be in the new game. Plus I'm gonna give you all a refresher on what the Court of Owls is.

In December 2018, a WB Montreal dev posted a photo of the back of her shirt with a Court of Owls logo on it while referencing "redacted".

DsKTbfdUcAAVZlr.jpg

latest

Creative director at WB Montreal, Patrick Redding tweeted at the 2 main creators of the Court of Owls in reply to a post about an Owl.

p1c8w5hdxpl21.jpg

Then on the day WB Montreal teased the new Arkham game, Scott Snyder tweeted out "Wait for it... #BewareTheCourtofOwls" which he then deleted. This basically confirms that the Court of Owls will be in the game and Scott might be helping write the story.

by72evk8b8o31.jpg

Now here's an explanation of what the Court of Owls is in Batman lore for people who don't know much about them.

latest

The Court of Owls is a secret society that's existed within Gotham since colonial times. They are a violent cabal of some of Gotham City's oldest and wealthiest families who use murder and money to wield political influence throughout history. Think the Illuminati. The Court also kidnaps kids from the Gotham Circus in order to train them to become deadly assassins known as Talons which the Court uses as enforcers.

Personally I think they're one of Batman's coolest villains and have great potential as video game villains.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with the Court of Owls is that the world's greatest detective somehow managed to just never notice them despite being a hero for years and despite his family having been rich as shit in Gotham for decades, if not centuries.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It also was hard for them to feel organic. I like retroactively adding things to comics history just fine, but the Court never did it for me.

Regardless, I'm sure this game will be a delight. I can't wait.

Oct 8, 2018
All evidence that shows that the character Batman will have a role in the new Batman game when it launches in 2025.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest problem with the Court of Owls is that the world's greatest detective somehow managed to just never notice them despite being a hero for years and despite his family having been rich as shit in Gotham for decades, if not centuries.
Despite that, I was willing to suspend belief because their first arc is so fun and puts a good amount of pressure on Batman. I wasn't a big fan of how it ended cause it kind of took a character I like a lot and gave him a boring New 52 version, plus all their subsequent appearances have been meh / made them worse over the long run.

Oct 27, 2017
They need to drop the whole "Arkham" name and be confident that Batman can sell itself. Call it Court or Owls instead of Arkham

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
It's all made up anyways I don't think finding logic is the right thing

Oct 25, 2017

This is gold.

Anyway, the Owls storyline was enjoyable, overall. The sequence where
they force Batman into a creepy labyrinth was one I remember. The scenes much later where the Bat-family each take on squads separately too.

There's a lot of good ideas for a game in that. Sequences where you play as Bruce Wayne and you need to weed out Owls members hiding in plain sight might be cool. Their main 'thing' is they change the way Batman has to think and operate in his own backyard.

I actually enjoyed this aspect of the Nolan movies, that's what the League of Shadows was up to.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Wow this game is just not going away is it?

It's certainly not coming either but it's also not going away.

I certainly look forward to more speculative threads.