• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if wrong:

All the Game Pass related numbers & performances so far;

• Sea of Thieves: 25M in 3.5 years (2018 to 2021)
  • Forza Horizon 4: 24M in 2 years (2018 to 2020)
  • Halo Infinite: 20M in 2 months (2021, also F2P)
  • Forza Horizon 5: 18M in 3 months (2021)
  • State of Decay 2: 10M in 3 years (2018 to 2021)
  • Grounded: 5M in 4 months (2020)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 2.8M in 8 months (2020)
  • Flight Sim (only PC): 2M in 4 months (2020)
  • Gears 5: 3M during opening weekend (2019)
  • Wasteland 3: 2M in 1.5 year (2020 to 2021, also on Playstation)
  • Battletoads: 1M in 2 months (2020)

Related:
  • [Back 4 Blood: 6M in 2 weeks (2020, also on Playstation)
  • Outriders: 3.5M in 1 month (2020, also on Playstation)
  • Hellblade: 6.3M in 4 years (2017 to 2021, also on Playstation)
  • Halo MCC (Gamepass PC + Steam only): 10M in 1.5 years (2020 to 2021)]

Do you think anything over or under achieved. What's the biggest surprise? For me it's Grounded. 5M in 6 months is wild

Thanks to FarSight XR-2

Last edited:

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
I've said this before Sony gets lauded for there "Sony style" games but MS is in yo something with the incredible engagement on several of there titles I wonder if Sony has anything similar as far as long term engagement .

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Forza Horizon 5 hit those numbers that fast was a nice surprise. I expected it from Halo due to the MP F2P and just the overall name of Halo, but to see Forza Horizon consistently build success and trust over the years is nice to see.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to say it, State of Decay 3 is going to be huuuge compared to its last installment. I just have a feeling it will be very good.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
State of Decay feels like a series that's maybe one entry away from becoming a monster success that could contend with the Xbox heavy hitters. The foundation is extremely solid and it occupies a rather interesting niche in what is a traditionally overcrowded genre. If State of Decay 3 tightens up its systems (mainly the combat, which isn't bad mind you, but rather simple id say) and smooths out the multiplayer side of things, I could see it happening easily.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I think Sea of Thieves being one of the most successful games they've made is impressive. Even more so impressive considering it was poorly received at released at launch.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Nice to see that State of Decay has been a great performer. I always come back to it every few weeks and start a new community.

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
I've said this before Sony gets lauded for there "Sony style" games but MS is in yo something with the incredible engagement on several of there titles I wonder if Sony has anything similar as far as long term engagement .
GT sport has very good engagement even if it was quite controversial at launch

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I got my Series S last week and 1st thing I downloaded from game pass was Banjo Kazooie, so chalk another one up there.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Damn Sea of Thieves blew up. Game was pretty barren at first, but I actually am glad to see Rare puts tons of effort into turning it around. I need to jump back in soon.

Do you think anything over or under achieved

Gears 5, in my view, under-achieved, at least on the multiplayer side. Anyone who was actively playing (like me) noticed it pretty fast: it fell in the Xbox Top 50 very quickly (within ~2-3 weeks), and you could see the lack of casual players in the multiplayer modes.

I think a lot of people jumped in for the campaign and bolted. Guess it's not too surprising given the hardcore nature of the Gears multiplayer community; casual players don't want to get destroyed like that.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Damn Sea of Thieves blew up. Game was pretty barren at first, but I actually am glad to see Rare puts tons of effort into turning it around. I need to jump back in soon.

Gears 5, in my view, under-achieved, at least on the multiplayer side. Anyone who was actively playing (like me) noticed it pretty fast: it fell in the Xbox Top 50 very quickly (within ~2-3 weeks), and you could see the lack of casual players in the multiplayer modes.

I think a lot of people jumped in for the campaign and bolted. Guess it's not too surprising given the hardcore nature of the Gears multiplayer community; casual players don't want to get destroyed like that.
I agree with gears underperforming from a MP sense and even the reboot stories haven't been as enjoyable for me

Once coalition get gears 6 out and about I'm hoping they make a new IP or get to do a spin-off from something in the vaults. Like imagine them doing a StarCraft Ghosts and actually releasing it 🤤