• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The PC reqs for Sekiro are a bit higher than DS3, and given that DS3 couldn't hit 60 on a Pro, I have little hope Sekiro will. I just want stable performance with no drops.

Sekiro's recommend reqs are actually lower. DS3 requires an i7 for recommended, Sekiro requires an i5.

Their GPU and RAM requirements are otherwise identical (for recommended)

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Warhammer Chaosbane beta:

Game has been a solid 60fps so far.

WIzOI5.png

WIzHmz.png

WIzluT.png

Cotrip

Oct 27, 2017
Another 1080p game, wiyh lots of chromatic....
i hope it have graphical improvements at least

The developer said the Pro version has a better res than the PS4 (maybe 900p?) and better textures. But yeah... very disappointing, especially because the framerate is awful. It's really bad! It never stays at 30fps, there's a lot of stuttering when the autosave kicks and if you disable the V-sync there is screen tearing and still a lot of frame drops. The framepacing issues are very annoying with V-sync on. :/

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
The developer said the Pro version has a better res than the PS4 (maybe 900p?) and better textures. But yeah... very disappointing, especially because the framerate is awful. It's really bad! It never stays at 30fps, there's a lot of stuttering when the autosave kicks and if you disable the V-sync there is screen tearing and still a lot of frame drops. The framepacing issues are very annoying with V-sync on. :/
That typical Unity feel. Gotta love it!

-Raven-

Jun 26, 2018

thats dissapointing, i was really looking for this game...i still have a base PS4. If i buy, i'll check the resolution to see if really has a res. boost.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
XENON RACER has Pro support, Francesco Bruschi just replied this to me via PS Blog:
"For the PS4 Pro, there are a Performance mode (steady 60 FPS) and a Quality mode (steady 30 FPS), both running in 4K. Quality mode has superior graphic settings, which makes it look a bit better."

Great to have options!!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
DOA6 on Pro is native 1080p in both Performance and Quality mode.

Quality mode simply adds a slightly better pass of post process AA and shading effects.

Runs at a solid 60 FPS in both modes.

They could definitely have done more on the resolution front in the Quality mode.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
Hey people,
My base PS4 has just died on me! :(
I'm looking to buy a Pro but do you think that they are going to announce a price cut during GDC?
Have they done something like that in the past for GDC?

Cotrip

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday on Pro and omg... the input lag when you choose the high resolution mode is unbearable. I think it's one of the worst cases I've ever seen in a game.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Hey people,
My base PS4 has just died on me! :(
I'm looking to buy a Pro but do you think that they are going to announce a price cut during GDC?
Have they done something like that in the past for GDC?

Typically no but if you buy it from a place with a 14 or 30 return policy you can just get it now and price match if they do something around GDC.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Path of Exile for Pro from the devs ama: The resolution target is 1080p, 60fps with Dynamic Resolution scaling. HDR isn't supported.

WEmrqZ.png

Last edited:

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody been able to download the new patch and the UHD texture pack? What does that do to the resolution and frame rate on the Pro?

Looks great and runs great as far as I can glean on my 1080p set. The game looks noticeably crisper and sharper and runs like butter.

Last edited:

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Has anybody been able to download the new patch and the UHD texture pack? What does that do to the resolution and frame rate on the Pro?
Game definitely looks much sharper. Played through the entire cult following sidequest and I didn't notice any framerate issues. I'm not the best at spotting dropped frames though, especially if the game's running at 40+ fps.
Borderlands-2-Pro_20190403083618.png

Borderlands-2-Pro_20190403090112.png

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
About to start Spider-Man do I need to enable supersapmling to get the higher res mode or does it do it by default

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I tried Borderlands Handsome thing yesterday, I downloaded the 4K textures pack but the game was still in 1080.
Isn't it supposed to be 4K also in frame resolution ?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Borderlands Handsome thing yesterday, I downloaded the 4K textures pack but the game was still in 1080.
Isn't it supposed to be 4K also in frame resolution ?

If the game is up-to-date, and you have the 4K texture pack (and presumably are running on a Pro console), then the game is automatically running at higher res.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I have everything needed, that's weird. I'll check again later but the HDR was working but not the 4K res. Maybe the pack wasn't installed properly, or the game wasn't patched, the PSN was really slow yesterday evening.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
About to start Spider-Man do I need to enable supersapmling to get the higher res mode or does it do it by default
Automatic, sadly, so you still get a lot of slowdown in combat.
Going from PS4 (base game) to PS4 Pro (DLC and platinum) on a 1080p TV and I experienced a better framerate only in city traversal (night time), but the game still struggle a lot with particellars in combat, especially with a lot of enemies.

I guess that with a 1080p mode the game would probably get a rock solid 30FPS.
Pro in those cases is quite silly, I hope that on PS5 we will have more choice in this regard.

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
I just started Spider-man but the options are a little obtuse. How do I prioritize resolution on a 4K display?

Surface

Nov 6, 2017
So will ALL displays benefit from 4K supersampled to 1080P as the console itself does the job? Or does some displays dont handle supersampled input?

As a big fan of Drafons crown on the vita Im thinking of getting the console version. With my 1080p screen am I guaranteed I will get a supersampled screen if I go with the Ps4 pro? Wonder if I will notice a difference ^_^

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good. I think I saw a framerate option though. Any benefit to turning that on or off?

Unless they have recently added one, there was no frame rate option when I played the game. It only offered a 4K/30 mode. There are options to increase or decrease the intensity of the motion blur though.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
So will ALL displays benefit from 4K supersampled to 1080P as the console itself does the job? Or does some displays dont handle supersampled input?

As a big fan of Drafons crown on the vita Im thinking of getting the console version. With my 1080p screen am I guaranteed I will get a supersampled screen if I go with the Ps4 pro? Wonder if I will notice a difference ^_^
I believe the way it works is that your TV just believes it's being sent a 1080p signal, so it shouldn't be an issue.