TGB86

Jan 27, 2021
Shaping up to be a solid service. So it seems like most big 1st party releases will make their way over a year or so after launch.

The news about prior purchases of the PSOne Classics carrying over is great and unexpected news, as well.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Quite great list.
I had to double check if it is actually PS Plus or PS Now...and it is indeed Plus.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Good thing I didn't get Demon's Souls. Will be playing it during lunch times at work instead.

I bought a disc version for 'cheap' but I'm lazy, so I might go for the Extra-tier so I dont have to switch discs. Still really want to play Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima and Valhalla as well, so I've got the feeling that they might just convinced me to upgrade my current PS Plus to Extra

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just buying too many games...otherwise I guess I would be glad with the selection ;) Anyway still some time left, until the service goes live in Europe, so I'll wait for the full list and decide if I want to upgrade or wait for a nice deal during Black Friday or so (if there will be any ^^)

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose this is appealing for new PS5 owners or those who didn't have (or barely played) a PS4 last-gen. Nevermind that list of "classics" was largely available already.

ZZZZZzzzz

BKsQuadcopter

Apr 1, 2021
So weird that PS3 is missing Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction again. I wonder if there's a licensed song in it that I'm forgetting that's messing with it being added.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Well at least they are letting me play all of my previous purchases that I made since 2007 without any strings attached if I choose to do so
"When they are released on ps4/ps5" is kind of a big caveat though. There's no guarantee 3rd party companies like Square Enix or Capcom will agree to let classic ps1/psp titles onto this service, meaning those digital copies of stuff like the Final Fantasys or the Resident Evils may never be downloadable separately on ps4/ps5.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Looking through the list and I already own everything I'm interested in hah.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Somehow I get the feeling this studio was very important to PlayStation's legacy... would be weird if it got shuttered!

unknown.png

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Very solid start, especially on the PS5 games front. Didn't get around to Ghost of Tsushima or Demon Souls, so that's an easy get for me.
Classic games feel a little barebones with this partial list, on the PS1/PSP front, but I would imagine they are going to stagger release some of them to make up part of their mid-monthly games drop.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 and PS5 list is REALLY good. Not impressed with the classics though.

Oh man, can't wait for some Returnal + Spider-Man + Tsushima DC + Death's Stranding DC

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Dammit, I just bought the physical version of Guardians of the Galaxy three days ago ;_;

Talk about bad timing…

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
This was my last hope to get the OG Resident Evil Trilogy on modern consoles… and nope…. Just head scratching to me…

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pretty meh for me. But that's largely because I already own most of the games on the list.

edit: I'd love to play some of the PS3 games. I have zero interest in streaming them.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Regardless of if it's only a small selection what is up with the selection they decided to show off. That is far from an exciting list of classic games.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Dammit I should have sold my copies of RDR2, DS, and GoT.

Ah well, still going to upgrade to Extra to play Returnal, Miles, Death Stranding and maybe valhalla.

Does anyone know if save games can be transferred from physical to digital versions?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Hmmm I would hope that they show a better line up next time. I don't mind them holding back but show a little more than that otherwise people are going to assume the rest of the line up will be lame. I get this is just a preview but the idea of a preview is to show the quality of the rest of the line up.

It's not terrible just wish there was a little more for everyone.

EDIT: I'm talking about the classics.

PennyPasta

Sep 3, 2020
Gamer County
is there gonna be a way to upgrade at a discount for the remainder of your current normal sub? wouldn't mind trying out the extra tier and i've still got 10 months left

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
List is rather basic, if you've been buying games digitally from PS3 gen, you probably own most of them (or at least I do). The "Classic Game Catalog - Remasters" is somewhat of a joke if you bought them as "PS2 on PS4" games and they are rather broken on PS5 right now.

The PS3 games via streaming have at least three games with servers already shut down (Demon's Souls PS3, Hot Shots Golf World Invitational & MotorStorm Apocalypse). Demon's Souls PS3 is completely handcuffed without the online components and I'm not sure how the fan server that's up will work with it if at all.

Also, if you're a trophy hunter, keep in mind that Everybody's Golf servers shut downs on September 30 (this will lock you out of two trophies). So they would already be removing features just as it starts.

I'm really surprised they didn't dig deeper into the library for PS1/PSP classics or even offered cross region games (such as PS1 classics that were only on the Japanese/Asian PlayStation store).

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Is that it?!

That's utter dogshit, wow.

Their messaging could be better but it's almost as if you purposefully ignored phrases like "some of" and "a selection of" just so you could make this toxic reply.

They also mention that the ability to rewind will be added to PS1/PSP games and some will have improved frame rates/resolution. This means it's not just as simple as pressing a button to port the games. They require additional work and testing.