• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Insomniac being shackled to Marvel stuff for a decade is not what I had hoped for.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
I havent finished Spiderman 2 yet but to me, this is in same tier as GOW Ragnarok. And Ive enjoyed it more than TLOU2. Insomniacs output imo is saving Sonys lackluster current gen lineup.
That's fair.
I definitely liked SM1 more than SM2 and both are nowhere near as good as GoW or TLOU to me, but to each their own.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of teeth-gnashing out there about "I can't believe Insomniac is just gonna be a Marvel factory!" And I get it. But like, have these people not been looking at the industry the last few years?
  • EA is going hard at Star Wars and Marvel
  • Skydance is going hard at Star Wars and Marvel
  • Ubisoft is going at Star Wars and Avatar
  • WB of course
  • The TMNT: The Last Ronin game
  • Splash Damage is doing Transformers
  • Bethesda doing Blade & Indiana Jones
  • Jurassic Park: Survival
  • There's a Snake Eyes game in the works, I think
For better or worse, licensed IP is gonna be the thing for the next few years because everyone is so damn risk averse. Feels weird to single out just Insomniac.

Going for safe licensed stuff is definitely part of the current trend towards risk aversion, I think part of Insomniac getting more pushback for it is because Sony is leaning on Insomniac pretty hard currently.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Man they're running Spider-Man into the ground. I guess it sells so they'll keep doing it.

If 3 main games, and 2 side games is considered running into the ground, R&C should be long retired by now. Eras hate for marvel is so easy to spot, they'd rather the Marvel games bomb so they can get another R&C or other title which won't sell close to the Marvel titles. And then at the same time wanna feel bad when studios get closed for not performing lol.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Great times ahead if you have absolutely zero interest in American superhero IP, like me 🤷🏽‍♂️

Ry.

AVALANCHE
Oct 10, 2021
the planet Zebes
Someone needs to break the news to all the Jack and Daxter fans. Its dead. (im just kidding, do hardcore Jack and Daxter fans exist? I enjoyed em well enough)

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Can you blame them, though? Especially after a year like this in the industry? Cling to whatever keeps you afloat.

Oh no not at all. I just can't help but be disappointed that Spider-Man is their biggest focus when I'd love to see one of my favorite developers do something different. At least we have Wolverine in the pipeline.

If 3 main games, and 2 side games is considered running into the ground, R&C should be long retired by now. Eras hate for marvel is so easy to spot, they'd rather the Marvel games bomb so they can get another R&C or other title which won't sell close to the Marvel titles. And then at the same time wanna feel bad when studios get closed for not performing lol.

I'm super excited for Wolverine, and the Arkane Blade game, oh and Motive's Iron Man game, but please continue to claim I'm a Marvel hater and I secretly want Insomniac to shutter.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Their new IP concept art/brief pitches leaked. 9 of them and will narrow to 3 soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Concept art for pitches of new IP.

aDk1VJe.jpeg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That is a lot of super hero games that I'm guessing will all be very similar to each other.
Ah yes, Wolverine the webswinging mutant. C'mon seriously? The only ones that'll be remotely similar is Spidey 3 (shockingly, will be a Spidey game) and Venom since that was set up in Spidey 2.
X-Men will most likely be a team based single player action game, which just by the very notion wont really be similar to Spidey, and assuming they go with a range of Mutants, might not even be all that similar to Wolverine.

I mean, unless you mean they'll all be action games, which is such a generic high level assessment its still an equally dumb assessment.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I was lurking this thread last night as it was breaking but had to go to bed.

Obviously this sucks for everyone there and it seems to keep going which is a real shame. Right before Christmas too they have to deal with this shit. Hopefully Insomniac (and whoever else the further leaks affect) gets through this ok and it stops soon.

Now that said, I'm have mixed feelings on this lineup. On one hand, they've knocked it out of the park with Spider-Man so far (though I haven't played 2 yet as I don't have a PS5 which alongside Rift Apart will be my first pickups when I do) so I'm down for more superhero stuff, especiall if they enjoy and want to keep making it. If we're going to get more games of these characters then we should get the best devs possible on them so sure.

On the other, I get the disappointment from others. I love Ratchet & Clank too and seeing the gap between releases makes me wonder if the series has become a launch title for Playstation so show off the tech now. Sad to see their long standing main franchise be thought of like that now but tbh as long as the series still lives in this day and age, I'm more happy than anything.

Also, there are new IP still happening too among all this so yeah it being that far off is definitely a bummer but at least it's something. Most devs would kill for this stability of a slate.

I love that Insomniac is still around and still putting out standout games doing their thing. These leaks suck and I feel for them too. Bummer this is how we find this out.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Ah yes, Wolverine the webswinging mutant. C'mon seriously? The only ones that'll be remotely similar is Spidey 3 (shockingly, will be a Spidey game) and Venom since that was set up in Spidey 2.
X-Men will most likely be a team based single player action game, which just by the very notion wont really be similar to Spidey, and assuming they go with a range of Mutants, might not even be all that similar to Wolverine.

I mean, unless you mean they'll all be action games, which is such a generic high level assessment its still an equally dumb assessment.
Their X-Men deal is 3 games including Wolverine. So Wolverine is the first X-Men game. That means the other two could wind up being standalone superhero games or just straight up be Wolverine 2 and 3. Honestly I doubt they're going to make a team based superhero game, because that sounds incredibly hard to pull off. If anything it'll be 2 or 3 playable mutants at most.

Sep 30, 2023
This seems like a really bad fake ngl
That is incredibly fake looking.
That could be the fakiest fake I have ever seen this side of E3 game lists.
I dunno, looks to me like someone opened a powerpoint doc and didn't have the fonts required and the layout got messy. Looks very legit to me.
It does.

There's no obvious mistakes here like you always see in fakes. The only issue is formatting.

This has been confirmed fake by "Visceral," one of the persons who is combing through the leaked files and posting updates and new information.