• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

This seems like a really bad fake ngl

That is incredibly fake looking.

That could be the fakiest fake I have ever seen this side of E3 game lists.

I dunno, looks to me like someone opened a powerpoint doc and didn't have the fonts required and the layout got messy. Looks very legit to me.

Did you found this on the DLC yet?

This has been confirmed fake by "Visceral," one of the persons who is combing through the leaked files and posting updates and new information.
It's real. It was created on 6/6/2020 and last updated on 2/3/2023.

Name of the file is InsomTOA SM2 post launch_content_slides.pptx

evilromero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, Wolverine the webswinging mutant. C'mon seriously? The only ones that'll be remotely similar is Spidey 3 (shockingly, will be a Spidey game) and Venom since that was set up in Spidey 2.
X-Men will most likely be a team based single player action game, which just by the very notion wont really be similar to Spidey, and assuming they go with a range of Mutants, might not even be all that similar to Wolverine.

I mean, unless you mean they'll all be action games, which is such a generic high level assessment its still an equally dumb assessment.
The web swinging is just a method for traversal.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
seems strange, Carnage in part of the Venom game
Venom was set to be standalone like Miles Morales for $50 (also have a version that comes with SM2 for $70), whereas Carnage would be a free DLC for SM2. Venom was being pitched as late as August based on the date of the docs and was scheduled for 2025 while all the other DLC would be releasing in 2024 for SM2. It's tough to tell with all the more recent timelines and headcounts what's actually being worked on though.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The web swinging is just a method for traversal.
Cool, and that's a huge part of the game. Feel free and explain how a grounded character like Wolverine is gonna play like a gadget heavy, webswinging character like Spidey.

Lets face is, the only similarities are they are action games in genre, and they are Marvel. The two characters play so different, one doesnt even need to see gameplay to come to that conclusion.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
seems strange, Carnage in part of the Venom game
I can see a possibility that both are accurate. After all, Carnage is both a Spidey and Venom villain, and him getting a smaller intro before his big appearance in Venom sorta tracks with how Carnage himself got a smaller appearance against Spidey (and Venom) in the comics, before the huge Maximum Carnage storyline.

Of course, not saying they'd do the same thing here but still...

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
S-M 2 season pass would be lovely, any excuse to do some more spidey stuff
The 3 DLC mentioned are supposed to be free per that slide, so no season pass

image.png

image.png

image.png

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Personally, loving the Marvel focus. People can rightly complain, but after years (decades) of bad Marvel games, Im gonna take a decade of good ones thank you very much. Venom into Spidey 3 is super exciting for me, as is a Wolverine into a full on X-Men game...

Yep same here. I don't watch the movies so no burnout for me, plus I find the Ratchet games extremely boring. If it was up to me I'd get rid of that 2029 Ratchet game and put in a smaller Marvel one haha

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Great times ahead if you have absolutely zero interest in American superhero IP, like me 🤷🏽‍♂️

Considering there are dozens of AAA games (nevermind AA and indie) coming out over the next several years, you're right!

Seriously, these posts are always the worst because at absolute worst there might be 2-4 superhero games a year between DC and Marvel, but there are so many more games that come out a year than just those.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Guessing Spider-Man 3 and Ratchet & Clank game are being scheduled for the PS6 launch period

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Considering there are dozens of AAA games (nevermind AA and indie) coming out over the next several years, you're right!

Seriously, these posts are always the worst because at absolute worst there might be 2-4 superhero games a year between DC and Marvel, but there are so many more games that come out a year than just those.

Exactly

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
If the DLC is still happening depends on the time they planned this. Was it before or after the slide in OP, so before or after July 2023.

If before, then it is likely part of the Venom game now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

You need to be more empathetic to the rare gamer that only plays Insomniac games and nothing else sir

A Spider-Verse visual filter would be crazy to see!

It would make me kinda tight tho because then I wish the games/universe was like that to begin with

Assuming it's implemented well ofc

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
studio is going to become soulless with all this BS marvel games

More like YOU THINK they're going to be soulless just because you dont like Marvel. They clearly like working on Spider-Man just as much if not more than the R&C games. Sounds like you just need to go play games from other studios and let Insom make what they wanna.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Looks like SM3 will be the last Spidey game which makes sense but I will miss the series. I've loved all 3 games set in the universe and Insomniac's version has proven to be one of my favorite interpretations of the character. I could play their games forever but giving it a conclusive story will be for the best.

X-Men game will go crazy though. Not even gonna start predicting how that'll play lol

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
The make what they are told to, Marvel is bringing profits so that is the route they take.

Like or dislike by the staff has no bearing in it.
Wolverine was announced very early because they were staffing up for it. People who like Marvel want to work at Insomniac. The average employee may not have control over IP decisions, but they can move to work on things that appeal to them.

I don't understand the implication that the employees are trapped working on things they hate or that it's becoming "soulless".

Bold to assume they'd win a GOTY award to justify a 2024 GOTY edition.
Buzzfeed gave it their #1 spot :p
Also NPR with their unranked list. And their was another unranked list but I can't think of it right now.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have ANY hopium for Eddie being the Lethal Protector and not Insomniac stealing everything from him while ignoring him ?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have ANY hopium for Eddie being the Lethal Protector and not Insomniac stealing everything from him while ignoring him ?
At this point I cant imagine who else they'd use... considering that Harry is gonna be in a coma for a while, as his ongoing illness will be the catalyst to Norman going full Green Goblin in 3, he cant be up and walking about in Venom .

I just dont see who else it would be... unless they spin a really random tale and make a random existing villain Venom for no real reason... I still think if the Spidey 2 DLC is a thing, they'll set Eddie up, at least a bit, to hint toward him becoming Venom.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
studio is going to become soulless with all this BS marvel games

*Shrugs* teared up in all the Spiderman games, loved the recent Ratchet and Clank, if this is the direction going forward I don't see the issue. Nothing wrong with not liking their games, there is an absolute sea of bangers lately that people can enjoy too.

CitrusScorpio

Feb 18, 2021
Everything in the leaked slate makes sense to me except for Ratchet & Clank Ragtag.

It's slated for 2029, but there are leaked pages of a script, concept art and it seems to have a pretty solid plot synopsis. I won't spoil but if you're a long time fan of the series you know where it's headed. That seems pretty far along for a game so far out.

I also don't understand why it needs 6 years of active development? Rift Apart took just under three years to make; and every game before that took like a year or 18 months.

My speculation is that they're slowly rolling staff off of completed games to gradually iterate on new Ratchet until it ships in 2029; but it's still kinda weird. They could knock it out in 2 or 3 years.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Everything in the leaked slate makes sense to me except for Ratchet & Clank Ragtag.

It's slated for 2029, but there are leaked pages of a script, concept art and it seems to have a pretty solid plot synopsis. I won't spoil but if you're a long time fan of the series you know where it's headed. That seems pretty far along for a game so far out.

I also don't understand why it needs 6 years of active development? Rift Apart took just under three years to make; and every game before that took like a year or 18 months.

My speculation is that they're slowly rolling staff off of completed games to gradually iterate on new Ratchet until it ships in 2029; but it's still kinda weird. They could knock it out in 2 or 3 years.

I really hope the game will use full path tracing by then and even ray marching and will be indistinguishable from cinema quality.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

There is a slide that show the idea of moving R&C up to 2027 for revenue reasons vs 2029 so who knows.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the head count allocation table, I think this might be what they're doing. Ratchet isn't scheduled to have more than ~60 people working on it until 2029. I think Ratchet could also be their technology test bed, so their tools and lead engine people might be cracking away and doing PS6 research for that game.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017

Okay, okay, I should clarify/specify. I'm a big fan of Insomniac's output, but I have zero rapport with Marvel/DC stuff. So yeah, for me it's just way less interesting output from the studio than original IP. For the same reasons I'm not that stoked about the Arkane/Blade plans - I'd just much rather see them on their own IPs or something entirely new. But I'm not complaining on what's on offer across the board these days - we absolutely feasting.