• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Infinitely more people than who asked for bo' rai cho

I think literally only one wanted bo rai cho back is this guy
ed-boon-3.4.jpg

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Apparently on TYM, someone post some dialogue files for Fujin and NW, this seems to be the real deal.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
MK's recent over reliance on guest characters has really given their games a strong carny vibe, but Spawn + Joker is even extra in terms of how off-putting their DLC is this time.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Awesome, what about the rest of the characters?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkomb...lescedeng_contains_lines_of_dialogue_between/

Raiden: "You remind me of another dark knight."
Spawn: "The billion-dollar crusader? He's a friend."
Raiden: "It seems we are both well traveled."

Noob: "Fellow Hellspawn!"
Spawn: "Hmm. You one of Malebolgia's?"
Noob: "I serve only the shadows."

Scorpion: "Another of Hell's generals."
Spawn: "Recognize the uniform, Scorpion?"
Scorpion: "I recognize Malebolgia's stink."

Noob: "A legion of souls is within you."
Spawn: "Power like this doesn't come free."
Noob: "Then I will steal it."

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
MK's recent over reliance on guest characters has really given their games a strong carny vibe, but Spawn + Joker is even extra in terms of how off-putting their DLC is this time.
Everyone keeps saying this, and yet Spawn and Scorpion are so alike in terms of 90's cheese and edgy hellfire that I know their conversations are going to be amazing.

... However, can we PLEASE get Keith David to voice Spawn again? Thank you.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkomb...lescedeng_contains_lines_of_dialogue_between/

Raiden: "You remind me of another dark knight."
Spawn: "The billion-dollar crusader? He's a friend."
Raiden: "It seems we are both well traveled."

Noob: "Fellow Hellspawn!"
Spawn: "Hmm. You one of Malebolgia's?"
Noob: "I serve only the shadows."

Scorpion: "Another of Hell's generals."
Spawn: "Recognize the uniform, Scorpion?"
Scorpion: "I recognize Malebolgia's stink."

Noob: "A legion of souls is within you."
Spawn: "Power like this doesn't come free."
Noob: "Then I will steal it."
Hahaha, nice Batman reference :P love it

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I bet there will be another pass considering Boon's comments about Story Mode no longer featuring fighters that won't be playable and that last trailer featured Sektor and Cyrax pretty heavily. Unless Boon is lying =/

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
6unoGy2.png

7nZURGo.png

7nZURGo.png

I bet there will be another pass considering Boon's comments about Story Mode no longer featuring fighters that won;t be playable and that last trailer featured Sektor and Cyrax pretty heavily. Unless Boon is lying =/

They already said that quote was incorrect and that NPCs will not be playable necessarily.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bet there will be another pass considering Boon's comments about Story Mode no longer featuring fighters that won;t be playable and that last trailer featured Sektor and Cyrax pretty heavily. Unless Boon is lying =/
It's pretty clear the list isn't final. I can't see them releasing a second kombat pack with only half as many characters as the first. I'm not holding my breath for ketchup and mustard though, although I'd love it if they were included.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
a bunch of characters show up as assists in the tower, im gonna spoil it here.
http://imgur.com/c0hl6sr
Bo Rai Cho
Ermac
Havik (RIP DLC :( )
Hsu Hao (Meme Lord)
Hydro (Cyborg Water Ninja)
Kenshi
Kung Jin
Mileena
Nitara (Stripper pirate vampire from 3D Era)
Quan Chi
Rain
Reiko (From MK4)

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I find it interesting how Spawn always manages to get into fighting games he's not directly related to.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Kabal: "Gonna chop you up and sell you for parts."
Terminator: "Your swords cut coitan-titanium alloys?"
Kabal: "Like a hot knife through butter."

Joker: "Would it kill you to smile?"
Terminator: "That is beyond my programming."
Joker: "Such a party pooper."

Joker: "Y'know, you remind me of Bats."
Terminator: "Who?"
Joker: "Just another jerk with no sense of humor."

Johnny: "Dude, you have "blockbuster" written all over you!"
Terminator: "Where?"
Johnny: "Ha! And he's a comedian!"

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda feel bad for the development team. The game is not even out yet and pretty much everything has been leaked already. Bummer if you don't like spoilers

Also Johnny Cage its definitively referring Arnold Schwarzenegger in that tagline :P

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I kinda feel bad for the development team. The game is not even out yet and pretty much everything has been leaked already. Bummer if you don't like spoilers
I mean kinda but they will get their sales and its still generating mad hype . I think they are too hyped at this point and probably making reveal trailer for kombat pack already

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Also Nightwolf is so underrated. He took down half of MK9 cast and defeated Sindel who killed everyone. He is more useful than raiden,liu kang or johnny cage.
show some respect . he sacrificed himself and didnt cry whole time like liu kang

57df565046fbb9c7507ed544413eab4c.gif

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also Nightwolf is so underrated. He took down half of MK9 cast and defeated Sindel who killed everyone. He is more useful than raiden,liu kang or johnny cage.
show some respect . he sacrificed himself and didnt cry whole time like liu kang

57df565046fbb9c7507ed544413eab4c.gif

liu kang saved the world multiple times, Cage saved the world and his daughter saved the world, Raiden literally saved the universe.

Try again failwolf.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
liu kang saved the world multiple times, Cage saved the world and his daughter saved the world, Raiden literally saved the universe.

Try again failwolf.

Raiden : muh my visions, do you still see them raiden
Liu kang : oh i am bad now , lord shinnok pls help me
cage : he is not even worth mentioning , crybaby due sonya doesnt care for him.

literally all trashes. While nightwolf defeated shang tsung + sindel combined. Shang alone combines lots of powers in him.
He defeated cyborgs,noob saibot

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Its going to be kinda weird to see Joker get shredded and dismemebered in multiple different ways.
Surprised DC is ok with that to be honest.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Its going to be kinda weird to see Joker get shredded and dismemebered in multiple different ways.
Surprised DC is ok with that to be honest.
Isnt opening scene of Injustice is literally Superman ripping Joker's heart out .
It is not 2008 anymore. They even let batman kill on big screen with BvS , Joker is like ultimate edgy and evil. He fits most along with shits like lobo etc though they are not popular to be in this game.
I mean just look at cover pic of killing joke

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
vs_CET_b01620="Fujinapologizesforhisabsence."

vs_RAI_c01620="Whathappenedtohim,Cetrion?"

vs_CET_d01620="Hefoughtvaliantlytothelastbreath."
------------------------
vs_CET_b01621="Come,reunitewithFujin."

vs_RAI_c01621="Iwillnotfallwithoutastorm."

vs_CET_d01621="Howsad.Hesaidmuchthesame."

Cetrion canonically killed Fujin huh?

one more reason to hate that dumb Gaia looking bitch

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
Terminator is the most fitting guest in the game. He's cheesy 90's and Kano already ripped him off. If they have MK movie skins then he's especially fitting.

Spawn and Joker are terrible choices that don't fit at all imo.

Ash I like a lot so it's clouding my judgement.
Just thinking about it but how would fatalities work on Terminator? I mean, for the cyber ninjas they still had most of their innards, but the Terminator is practically a metal structure with a flesh interior...and they can't feel pain.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt opening scene of Injustice is literally Superman ripping Joker's heart out .
It is not 2008 anymore. They even let batman kill on big screen with BvS , Joker is like ultimate edgy and evil. He fits most along with shits like lobo etc though they are not popular to be in this game.
I mean just look at cover pic of killing joke
Ugh you just had to remind me of that awful movie.
Its still kinda unusual for DC to let their comic characters be graphically dismembered in a video game.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Johnny: "I know, I seem like a clown to you."
Spawn: "And I hate CLOWNS."
Johnny: "Then do NOT watch Ninja Mime."

Johnny: "And the award for Best Costume goes to..."
Spawn: "It's not a costume, Cage."
Johnny: "Hello! That's why it's a winner!"

Kabal: "Don't run, that's too easy"
Spawn: "Shit, I can teleport."
Kabal: "Isn't that convenient, freakizoid."

Joker: "What's your name, beautiful boy?"
Spawn: "Call me Spawn."
Joker: "Well, Spawn, that's a lovely cape."

Fujin: "It's true, Johnny. I'm a fan."

Johnny: "You, sir, have excellent taste!"

Fujin: "Say nothing to Lord Raiden."

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The Terminator references multiple lines from other Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, so I guess it will really be Arnold who will play the Terminator. Dope.