• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
When we are gonna get the character everyone wants?

Screenshot_74.png
never . this is not smash bros or ps all stars.
I mean movie characters bring different audience with movie fans . No reason WB would promote any other gaming franchise especially those that they dont own.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
That is a big meh from me. It is awesome that Fujin is getting some love, but guest characters are pretty lame. I love Ash enough that I can sorta look past that, but he is still a far worse choice than the series' own characters that are missing.

Joker is just a stupid pick.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Only boring if you like super stupid ass flashy fatalities of MKX and after which main purpose became glorifying gore and not being fun (outside of some exceptions)

Terminator is owned by Disney mate.
I believe Paramount/Viacom owns it, but Terminator has swapped hands a lot, even Sony owned it at one point.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
vs_KIT_b02370="Mother,you'reback!"

vs_SIN_c02370="ToreturnyourthronetoShaoKahn."

vs_KIT_d02370="IsthisoneofShaoKahn'stricks?"

giphy.gif

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I love all the guests. If anything the returning roster they picked is personally a letdown for me but it's ok.
I hope Night wolf doesn't look completely stupid again at least. Give him a cool design for once

a bunch of characters show up as assists in the tower, im gonna spoil it here.
http://imgur.com/c0hl6sr
Bo Rai Cho
Ermac
Havik (RIP DLC :( )
Hsu Hao (Meme Lord)
Hydro (Cyborg Water Ninja)
Kenshi
Kung Jin
Mileena
Nitara (Stripper pirate vampire from 3D Era)
Quan Chi
Rain
Reiko (From MK4)

I know Hydro was gonna be in this game somehow lol

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
vs_JAC_b02361="MynameisJacquelineBriggs."
vs_SIN_c02361="Ikilledyourfather."
vs_JAC_d02361="Preparetodie."

vs_SIN_b02351="YoubetrayedMileena,D'Vorah."
vs_DVO_c02351="Whycareforthatdisgustingclone?"
vs_SIN_d02351="ShewasasmuchmydaughterasKitana."

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That is a big meh from me. It is awesome that Fujin is getting some love, but guest characters are pretty lame. I love Ash enough that I can sorta look past that, but he is still a far worse choice than the series' own characters that are missing.

Joker is just a stupid pick.

Nah bruh.

They worked in Terminator through Johnny Cage which is hilarious, Ash is fire, and Spawn is a long time coming.

Joker is the trash DLC they threw in cause their last deal fell through, clearly.

vs_SIN_b02351="YoubetrayedMileena,D'Vorah."
vs_DVO_c02351="Whycareforthatdisgustingclone?"
vs_SIN_d02351="ShewasasmuchmydaughterasKitana."

T E A R S

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
From all the dialogues, if i had to guess:

KP1: NW, Fujin, Sindel, ST(confirmed already), Spawn and Terminator

Sheeva, Joker and Ash for the second batch, with maybe more 3 characters.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see Fujin, Sindel, and I'd say the same for Tsung if we didn't already know he was coming.

Not a fan of guest characters, though these are far better than the typical horror monster ones. Spawn should fit well.

Nightwolf and Sheeva are trash tier though, just slightly above Hsu Hao and Mokap. Bad picks. Smoke, Rain, or Havik would have been much better choices, Reiko, Ashrah, Li Mei, and Sareena could have been interesting as well if reworked. I say this if they're aiming for characters that have been absent for a bit. Of course, Reptile, Mileena, Ermac, Kenshi, etc. who were in X would be great.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I hope atleast Joker doesnt look like garbage he is in injustice 2 and plays differently

Raiden and Sub Zero use their I2 models (but improved upon) so you can forget that.

But hopefully the gear lets you change his hair. And his skins look cool. Unlike I2 they can actually have a lot of stuff that looks different. I'm sure the moveset will be tweaked somewhat.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The rumour was that it would be Cut Off Face Joker which makes sense.I suspect Joker will have a different design then from I2

Oct 28, 2017
The awful DLC selection actually makes me feel OK with buying the base game, as I won't feel cheated by missing out on DLC if I don't buy the Season Pass.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
With the variations, Joker will likely have a whole bunch of different looks. The face model won't change obviously but his face paint/scars will be something you can customize I think.
I want Joker from Batman TAS

Is Terminator going to be Arnold though?
And will they be able to income his one-liners from other movies?

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Yeeeeah I'm probably gonna switch to maining Sindel when she drops. Here's hoping she has a build name that honors Mileena.
Kitana uses her sais and teleport kicks, so who knows. Though you can give any name to the variants you customize.

Something like:
Mileena is the favorite of
SINDEL

:p

I'll just go with

The real Queen
SINDEL

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that the game shipped with so much of the DLC dialogue on the disc. Of course it was going to be datamined. How did NRS/WB not see this coming?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that the game shipped with so much of the DLC dialogue on the disc. Of course it was going to be datamined. How did NRS/WB not see this coming?
I asked the same thing and apparently it's because the Switch port wasn't handled by them and I guess the Switch is easy to datamine the files. Seems like something they should have anticipated though.

Especially with how the entire initial roster leaked. Unless it was intentional?

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
If this were any other fighting game id be pissed at the amount of guest characters instead of new or old fighters from the franchise. As someone who doesn't care im interested in seeing Ash and Terminator.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Sheeva, Fujin, Shang Tsung and Night Wolf are fucking great additions. What is with all the guest characters though? They must be making good money off the DLC because this is much, now. Every NRS game is jam packed full of this, now.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Sheeva, Fujin, Shang Tsung and Night Wolf are fucking great additions. What is with all the guest characters though? They must be making good money off the DLC because this is much, now. Every NRS game is jam packed full of this, now.
They have said as much.
Freddy sold the most in MK9. Scorpion sold the most in Injustice and so on.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

I wonder if it has something to do with the Switch version not handled directly by NRS. It's also probably an unfortunate by-product of using people like Ronda Rousey as voice actors. Get her to do all her lines at once rather than get her to come back for the DLC. Right?

No Reptile, but they put in fucking Night Wolf....

I mean to be fair he hasn't been in a game since MK9.