• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ash. Mother fucking Ashley Williams. In MK.

Oh please be share Bruce's likeness and voice acting.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
vs_KIT_b02371="YouhelpedShaoKahnkillfather?"

vs_SIN_c02371="Andtradedaweakhusbandforastrongone."

vs_KIT_d02371="Howcouldyou,Mother?!"

Why are they fucking with Sindel's story? Like you can make someone more interesting without completely character assassinating them.
Wtf
Are they somehow trying to make the fan base hate Sindel even more?

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
vs_KIT_b02371="YouhelpedShaoKahnkillfather?"

vs_SIN_c02371="Andtradedaweakhusbandforastrongone."

vs_KIT_d02371="Howcouldyou,Mother?!"

Why are they fucking with Sindel's story? Like you can make someone more interesting without completely character assassinating them.
Lol what is NRS doing. I guess it could be Revenant Sindel deliberately trying to get to Kitana with lies but still dumb
Wtf
Are they somehow trying to make the fan base hate Sindel even more?
Keep in mind that this Sindel lost all traces of good; when merged with Shang Tsung. So she seems to be staying evil and loyal to Shao Kahn.

Love her; so sucks for me. Hopefully she looks great. XD

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Keep in mind that this Sindel lost all traces of good; when merged with Shang Tsung. So she seems to be staying evil and loyal to Shao Kahn.

But it still doesn't make sense. This past she speaks of is WAY before the 10th tournament, which is the branching point of the new timeline, so there's no way there's two versions of said past, unless we're talking about 3 timelines. She killed herself because she couldn't take the pain of her lost husband, and Kitana being raised as an assassin for Shao Kahn, so it doesn't quite add up.

Something is odd if you consider a dialog of her and Shao Kahn:
vs_SHA_b02319="TellmesomethingonlySindelwouldknow."
vs_SIN_c02319="QuanChimurderedme,rightunderyournose."
vs_SHA_d02319="Youlie,impostor."

Shao Kahn calls her an impostor for her not being able to correctly answer him, she says Quan Chi killed her, but she took her own life (and that involves the pain she felt for Jerrod's loss too). The only character that killed her after her suicide was Nightwolf in the MK9 events, since she survived in the past timeline after the Outworld invasion was repelled in MK3.

So this is all really odd. Either NRS changed her story, or we're talking about a Sindel from a very different timeline unknown even to us right now.

Or she's just plain lying to both Shao Kahn and Kitana to mess with them, which seems unlikely to me.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I wonder if it has something to do with the Switch version not handled directly by NRS. It's also probably an unfortunate by-product of using people like Ronda Rousey as voice actors. Get her to do all her lines at once rather than get her to come back for the DLC. Right?

I mean to be fair he hasn't been in a game since MK9.

Sonya probably have some default lines for anyway. Like "Are you ready for battle? " , " I am up for challenge "
etc

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
But it still doesn't make sense. This past she speaks of is WAY before the 10th tournament, which is the branching point of the new timeline, so there's no way there's two versions of said past, unless we're talking about 3 timelines. She killed herself because she couldn't take the pain of her lost husband, and Kitana being raised as an assassin for Shao Kahn, so it doesn't quite add up.

Shao Kahn calls her an impostor for her not being able to correctly answer him, she says Quan Chi killed her, but she took her own life (and that involves the pain she felt for Jerrod's loss too). The only character that killed her after her suicide was Nightwolf in the MK9 events, since she survived in the past timeline after the Outworld invasion was repelled in MK3.

So this is all really odd. Either NRS changed her story, or we're talking about a Sindel from a very different timeline unknown even to us right now.

Or she's just plain lying to both Shao Kahn and Kitana to mess with them, which seems unlikely to me.
I think She means Quan Chi reviving him in MK9 as like "killing her" maybe because of her resurrection by Quan Chi led her to kill Kitana so thats why she calls "her death"
?
I mean obiviously nightwolf took her out but in meta sense

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019

Well, the resurrected Sindel in the current timeline was corrupted even more, so maybe there are aspects of her memories that changed.

Different timelines could be a reason too. Kitana mentions D'vorah killed Jerrod, when in the original timeline were Sindel took her own life, Shao Kahn killed Jerrod. So maybe they retconned timelines. Some spoilers floating around allude to characters having different origins.

We'll know soon at least.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
Well, the resurrected Sindel in the current timeline was corrupted even more, so maybe there are aspects of her memories that changed.

Different timelines could be a reason too. Kitana mentions D'vorah killed Jerrod, when in the original timeline were Sindel took her own life, Shao Kahn killed Jerrod. So maybe they retconned timelines. Some spoilers floating around allude to characters having different origins.

We'll know soon at least.

The new timeline changed some backstory details with thing like Sub zero brothers being born into Lin kuei so it wouldn't be unheard of for them to change sindels backstory.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Concerning Sindel, it's possible she's still suffering from Quan Chi's brainwashing.

hqdefault.jpg

umk3sindel-1.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

If she "remembered" the truth, she wouldn't be evil at all. However, MK9's Sindel was resurrected with fake memories and corrupted loyalties.

Original Timeline Sindel loved her daughter so much that in Deception Onaga had her imprisoned and had Kitana guard her knowing she wouldn't lift a finger against her own daughter. Reboot Timeline Sindel was twisted by Quan Chi and she disowned her daughter seconds after her resurrection for not being loyal to Shao Kahn... and then later killed her.

This Sindel seems to be operating on false memories because the event that triggered her to recall her true origins never occurred in this timeline.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
No, no, no. Not a killer smash game, but a horror fighting game. Imagine a roster filled with the likes of Micheal Myers, Pinhead, Jason, Freddy, Alien, Dracula, Ash, Negan, Buffy, etc.
Oh man, that would be amazing. Throw Alien, Predator, leatherface and Spawn over there and you pretty much got yourself a solid concept

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Pennywise would have been so much more interesting than fucking Joker. Choosing a regular nutjob we've seen countless times over a shape shifting nightmare clown spider monster. Whatever, hype for Spawn.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pennywise would have been so much more interesting than fucking Joker. Choosing a regular nutjob we've seen countless times over a shape shifting nightmare clown spider monster. Whatever, hype for Spawn.
Pennywise has a movie, but we also need to remember that NRS needs to get the licensing rights, and Pennywise is a Stephen King creation. He may not have signed off on a video game appearance along with a movie deal.

As for Joker... not my favorite choice, but I DO wonder if we can get "Batman Who Laughs" as gear or a premiere skin for him, because THAT dude fits MK much better.
be4d9d59f665e88f016de949d9384d47905db3cer1-500-624v2_00.jpg

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Pennywise has a movie, but we also need to remember that NRS needs to get the licensing rights, and Pennywise is a Stephen King creation. He may not have signed off on a video game appearance along with a movie deal.

As for Joker... not my favorite choice, but I DO wonder if we can get "Batman Who Laughs" as gear or a premiere skin for him, because THAT dude fits MK much better.
be4d9d59f665e88f016de949d9384d47905db3cer1-500-624v2_00.jpg
I wouldn't mind Batman who laughs, but it's too late for me after reading the single player issues from the other thread. Enjoy the game for me.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Concerning Sindel, it's possible she's still suffering from Quan Chi's brainwashing.

hqdefault.jpg

umk3sindel-1.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

If she "remembered" the truth, she wouldn't be evil at all. However, MK9's Sindel was resurrected with fake memories and corrupted loyalties.

Original Timeline Sindel loved her daughter so much that in Deception Onaga had her imprisoned and had Kitana guard her knowing she wouldn't lift a finger against her own daughter. Reboot Timeline Sindel was twisted by Quan Chi and she disowned her daughter seconds after her resurrection for not being loyal to Shao Kahn... and then later killed her.

This Sindel seems to be operating on false memories because the event that triggered her to recall her true origins never occurred in this timeline.

This is my theory too. While she is not in the main story(i assume), the Sindel they will go with, is still brainwashed.

With that said, in the profile page, there are a lot of wierd lore, like Kabal and Johnny Cage, some direct contradicitions, NRS should start looking into the lore more careful. It's wierd because intro dialogues bring a lot of references from past game, which mean they are revisiting them in some capacity.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019

hqdefault.jpg

umk3sindel-1.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

That too.
Shao Kahn in here is from the original timeline, hence why the encounter with the new Sindel he considers her an impostor.

Noting also that she commiting suicide is what forbids Shao Kahn from entering Earth, so brainwashed Sindel would have changed that to make it seem as if she was killed by Quan Chi.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I pray they use Arnold's likeness for Terminator
I'm 99% sure they will, but I think he'll be voiced by an impersonator like in most other Terminator games.

If a freaking WWE game could use Arnold's likeness as Terminator (both the T1 and T2 looks) then I'm sure WB can manage a similar deal.

hY4fZKD.jpg
xGPgN3V.jpg

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I'm 99% sure they will, but I think he'll be voiced by an impersonator like in most other Terminator games.

If a freaking WWE game could use Arnold's likeness as Terminator (both the T1 and T2 looks) then I'm sure WB can manage a similar deal.

hY4fZKD.jpg
xGPgN3V.jpg

Interesting case but will Arnold let himself to be murdered in most brutal ways?

considering he was trying to ban M rated games a few years back
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/06/27/scotus.video.games/index.html
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/schwarzenegger-signs-game-restriction-bill/1100-6135332/

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

hY4fZKD.jpg
xGPgN3V.jpg
wait... was this an actualy character or a custom?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
If Arnold is selling his likeness for cheap to anybody, I gotta few business propositions to email a certain someone's agent about a Source Film Maker adult film debut.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I took a look back at the Injustice 2 DLC schedule, and characters were released monthly starting with the first month after launch. There were no breaks between the three Fighter Packs.

Assuming the characters are listed in release order in the files, we might be looking at something like this:

Kombat Pack 1
  • May - Shang Tsung
  • June - Joker
  • July - Nightwolf
  • August - Terminator
  • September - Sindel
  • October - Spawn
Kombat Pack 2
  • November - Ash
  • December - Fujin
  • January - Sheeva

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I took a look back at the Injustice 2 DLC schedule, and characters were released monthly starting with the first month after launch. There were no breaks between the three Fighter Packs.

Assuming the characters are listed in release order in the files, we might be looking at something like this:

Kombat Pack 1
  • May - Shang Tsung
  • June - Joker
  • July - Nightwolf
  • August - Terminator
  • September - Sindel
  • October - Spawn
Kombat Pack 2
  • November - Ash
  • December - Fujin
  • January - Sheeva

Ash and Sheeva last or near last? I hope not!

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Ash. Mother fucking Ashley Williams. In MK.

Oh please be share Bruce's likeness and voice acting.
Why do it if they aren't getting Campbell?
Please don't half-ass these movie cameos WB, get Bruce, get Arnold, go all the way.

No need to worry everyone. The indie asymmetrical horror game just released an Ash vs. Evil Dead DLC and it included both the likeness and voice of Bruce Campbell. If Bruce and Sam Raimi were okay with Evil Dead content appearing in an indie game, a AAA game like MK11 will have no trouble getting everything they need for Ash.

Last edited:

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017

Kombat Pack 1
  • May - Shang Tsung
  • June - Joker
  • July - Nightwolf
  • August - Terminator
  • September - Sindel
  • October - Spawn
Kombat Pack 2
  • November - Ash
  • December - Fujin
  • January - Sheeva
  • February - Cyrax