• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
From the Sony First Party thread:

Dreams PS4 Feb 14th 2020
Iron Man VR Feb 28th 2020
MLB The Show 2020 March 17 2020
Predator Hunting Grounds April 24th 2020
The Last of Us Part 2 May 29th 2020
Ghost of Tsushima Summer 2020

I honestly don't remember what they did at the end of the PS1 era, but considering PS2's final years brought us God of War 2 and the PS3's brought us Last of Us, their habit of closing strong continues, and this could be their strongest ending. And it's all getting out of the way early so the fall is PS5's time.

It also makes me wonder what they have for PS5 Year 1 since PS3's ending was much stronger than how the PS4 began. =P I don't know if I'm ready for a Horizon or God of War trailer that blows me away like the Hellblade one.

I'm interested in four of them (I have to play MLB 19 to see if I'd want to put money down for the 2020 version, and I'm mildly curious about Predator).

Oct 27, 2017
One could object that WiLD is missing, but everyone can assume it has become a PS5 game, so I think this is pretty true.

Also, I've been saying september for a while for GoT and I'm sticking with that !

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Insane line up

Also Final Fantasy VII Remake and Nioh 2 console exclusivity

Edit: and Persona 5 Royal wow

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
who knew all it took was for a new console generation to already start showing what the consoles looked like.

Personally would have preferred if they had calmed down and announced the games closer to release makes it more exciting imo that being said cant wait to play Ghost and TLOU2 although maybe ill wait for PS5...not really sure tbh

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
If there's 1 thing you can trust Sony to do, it's to support their home consoles up to the very last year with great games.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I really, really hope most if not all of those games come with PS5 support at launch. I would hate to have to buy "TLOU:II - Remastered" to be able to enjoy the benefits more powerful hardware could bring.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's certainly a list of dates. If they all make it without further delays, that's cool. Probably won't be buying any, though.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Excited for Tlou2, GoT and Iron Man VR, already have Dreams ea.

Seems to become a great final 1st party year :)

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Had no idea Predator was console exclusive, and yes it's an insane line up for a "last year" and the same year your new hardware comes out. It makes me excited for PS5 launch considering the studios that haven't launch a game in a couple of years by the time PS5 comes out like Insomniac and Guerrilla. 2020 is going to be an amazing year for gaming.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Summer 2020 isn't a release date sweetie.
I replied before I read the entire title, sweetie.

How rude of you not to read the entire title, sweetie pie honey bunch.

One could object that WiLD is missing, but everyone can assume it has become a PS5 game, so I think this is pretty true.

Also, I've been saying september for a while for GoT and I'm sticking with that !

At this point, I usually think, "I wonder what it'll look like next gen," as opposed to, "It's never coming out," after seeing The Last Guardian, Doom, Until Dawn and Nioh arise after disappearing.

No release date and we haven't learned a thing about it in years unless I missed something last night.

Last edited:

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
I really hope once reviews come out, Dreams start gaining some traction because so far I haven't seen a lot of excitement for it.

But yeah, incredible final year (especially when including FFVII, Persona V Royal and Nioh 2 and all the multiplatforms) for the PS4 and if they all deliver 2020 could end up as one of the best years for a console ever in terms of quality output

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope once reviews come out, Dreams start gaining some traction because so far I haven't seen a lot of excitement for it.

But yeah, incredible final year (especially when including FFVII, Persona V Royal and Nioh 2 and all the multiplatforms) for the PS4 and if they all deliver 2020 could end up as one of the best years for a console ever in terms of quality output

I think Dreams is going to be a big game for a pretty small subset of people. That's not to say it's bad or anything but the amount of EFFORT necessary to make anything substantial is going to turn off a lot of people.

And MM has been very cagey about how in-depth the single-player mode is going to be, so I don't see a lot of people buying it just to play it. It's going to do better with creators than anyone else.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017

One of the coolest things I found out is that my brother -- a new PS4 owner as of November -- bought Dreams because his little kids wanted it. They wanted it because one of their favorite streamers (dunno who it is) was playing it. Now I'm curious how it's playing out with the young ones.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
I think Dreams is going to be a big game for a pretty small subset of people. That's not to say it's bad or anything but the amount of EFFORT necessary to make anything substantial is going to turn off a lot of people.

And MM has been very cagey about how in-depth the single-player mode is going to be, so I don't see a lot of people buying it just to play it. It's going to do better with creators than anyone else.
The fact that it's not a $60 game will help it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The final year of PS4 will be insane

If we count third party: FF VII, Granblue Fantasy, Nioh 2, Persona 5R, Sakura Wars...

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just shows they're in a much better managed position going into next gen.

I also hope it means we can see a good amount of next gen games sooner than later.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Strong final year all around.

Still hopeful that Ghost will have a PS5 version (or at least PS5 enhancements). I'd definitely be willing to wait a few more months for that. TLOU2...I will not. That's day 1 all the way.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
I want to play it all but obviously won't have time or money for everything

FOMO is already here lmao

I'm freaking out.

AjarConcreteAidi-size_restricted.gif

Oct 24, 2019
I already have Last of Us, Cyberpunk, & FF7 pre-ordered, and I'll definitely be pre-ordering Ghost of Tsushima, Elden Ring, and Marvel's Avengers when those go live.

Not to mention all the stuff that hasn't even been announced for the latter half of the year yet... my wallet is in pain lol

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Patapon 2 Remastered was officially announced in 2017 but has been MIA since.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
One of the coolest things I found out is that my brother -- a new PS4 owner as of November -- bought Dreams because his little kids wanted it. They wanted it because one of their favorite streamers (dunno who it is) was playing it. Now I'm curious how it's playing out with the young ones.
My daughter would absolutely love Dreams if it was easier to build stuff. People's creations look soooo much better than minecraft is crazy. But none of that will matter if it's not easy to pick up and play...

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Strong year before the PS5. Same with PS3
God of War
The Last of Us
Gran Turismo 6
Crazy line up