• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
McCree, one hell of a cowboy.
Houston Outlaws. Not Genji. I love it. Where do I buy my jersey?
Oh hey, Dallas is Genji. As if I needed another reason to rival!
Along with the built in Envy vs OpTic rivalry.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I don't want to downplay the league one bit but isn't the game pretty old at this point? this should of launched with the game and I personally believe this will fail because I'm the market for this stuff and I don't even have a little interest anymore.

Suzushiiro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I do like the idea of each team adopting one of the OW characters as their "mascot," with the non-American teams all getting the characters from their regions as their mascots.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Junkrat would definitely be from Florida if American. He is a good representation of Florida man

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I think you aren't in the audience this is aimed at then. These names are good. Adding city affiliations should help with a sense of local pride.
Fair enough. I guess I got used to the soccer team names from my country and then to the DOTA2 team names, none of which have anything similar to the American standard.

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas Fuel and Seoul Dynasty are my teams. Maybe Houston (Optic) and Philadelphia too. Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Last edited:

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
The owner of Cloud 9 (London Spitfire) confirmed today that there will be Mid-Season signings

I can see a WHOLE lot of players getting picked up half way through. Boston needs to start looking into players that didn't get into OWL stat!

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia Fusion roster just got announced.

DPS: Shadowburn, Carpe, EQO, Snillo
Support: Neptuno, Boombox, Dayfly, Joemeister
Tanks: Poko, Hotba, Fragi, Sado

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think there would be any interest/value in a OWL OT to discuss the pro scene and matches or should that be kept in the OW OT? Listing all the teams with roster members and staff, schedule, and merchandise details might be a good start.

Mid season signings is good news. Now players don't have to languish for an entire year/season to get their chance at an OWL spot. Who are some of the T1 players not signed to a team yet? These are the ones I can think of from the top of my head...

AKM
Dafran
Hidan
Harbleau
Knoxx
Kruise
Shadder2K
Adam
FCTFICTION
Zappis
Gods

Lots of Korean talent out there too like team Runaway and many Europeans.

Philadelphia Fusion roster just got announced.

DPS: Shadowburn, Carpe, EQO, Snillo
Support: Neptuno, Boombox, Dayfly, Joemeister
Tanks: Poko, Hotba, Fragi, Sado

This roster is good.

HylianHero12

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Definitely going to be supporting Seoul Dynasty and Dallas Fuel. Bonus points for being represented by my favorite character and my favorite DPS character. I can't wait for that D. Va skin to be in the game.

ciro

Oct 27, 2017
If the only connection to their respective cities is the owners, this seems like such an empty attempt at addressing that "make it easier for new people to pick a team" criticism.

Why should you have loyalty to a club that is only using your home for marketing, and doesn't have a physical connection to it like regular sports.

Oct 25, 2017
If the only connection to their respective cities is the owners, this seems like such an empty attempt at addressing that "make it easier for new people to pick a team" criticism.

Why should you have loyalty to a club that is only using your home for marketing, and doesn't have a physical connection to it like regular sports.

While all season 1 games will be played in the Blizzard arena in LA, season 2 and beyond games will require all teams to travel and play matches in the home city's location. This is where the physical connection will be more apparent.

ciro

Oct 27, 2017
While all season 1 games will be played in the Blizzard arena in LA, season 2 and beyond games will require all teams to travel and play matches in the home city's location. This is where the physical connection will be more apparent.
Awesome! Now just wish they didn't pick early mls tier names.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I think this will be a good move for Esports. I don't really know why it's so focused in the US but I guess we will see what happens. Having a team associated with a region is smart, it gets people from that region to root for said team, as well as having simple names. Do we know if they are going to call players by their real names? That will make it even better in my opinion, I'm super tired of announcers having to say "Here comes n0thing with the 1v4!" it just sounds cheesy as hell. The logos are also super well made.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
NY .....excelsior's??? Really? Their logo is pretty awful as well. Color me not impressed. Other teams logos are cool, names are as well. I get what they re trying to do via the description on their page but....thet flag needs a redesign.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
a6856240_south_park_al_gore_desktop_3300x2550_wallpaper-231780.jpeg

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Reading up on this on Wikipedia, I didn't realize that these teams are going to be owned by some big name companies. In particular, Kraft Foods (who also owns the New England Patriots NFL team) owns the Boston Uprising, the owners of the New York Mets own NY Excelsior, the owner of the Fliers own the Philadelphia Fusion, and the owners of the LA Rams own the Gladiators.

I guess that means I'll be rooting against the LA Gladiators then.