• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn lol

Almost as big as the one time where the credit card readers were exposed due to low security.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
LET'S GO LOOT THE PLACE!

Cpe14sm.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They are probably running on OS/2 like many entreprise systems.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
shit, was going to be heading there shortly. Hopefully it's fixed within a few hours. I imagine it will be fixed very quickly.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
This seems to happen every so often, it's usually not as bad as it sounds. We just direct traffic to the ATM and offer discounts. It's surprising how many people work with it for a discount. The hardest effect is on those with snap/food stamps.

The food is also trashed if it ever touched cold storage which is such a waste. The amount of fine food we'd throw away after these outages was disgusting.

I remember getting scolded for directing employees to put a solid frozen turkey back on the sales floor. You expect a certain level of stupidity in retail rules but target shined bright.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I just was at my target and everything was working as if 10 mins ago. I was able to check out just fine.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I work at Target and I gotta be there in about three hours.

This is gonna be a weird shift.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Good luck to employees, dealing with customers in such a situation is hell.

"what do you mean I can't check out"

"I'm sorry ma'am the system is completely down, nothing I do"

"but I want to buy my things and leave"

"I know, I'm so sorry but the system is down, nationwide"

"look I just want to buy my stuff and go"

repeat a million times with increasing anger.

I was working at subway once and we ran out of bread (didn't have enough ordered in back, ran out, couldn't make any more until a new delivery) but us low level employees didnt have the power to do anything or close the store so we just stood their telling increasingly irate and un-understanding people that we didnt have bread.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems to happen every so often, it's usually not as bad as it sounds. We just direct traffic to the ATM and offer discounts. It's surprising how many people work with it for a discount. The hardest effect is on those with snap/food stamps.

The food is also trashed if it ever touched cold storage which is such a waste. The amount of fine food we'd throw away after these outages was disgusting.

I remember getting scolded for directing employees to put a solid frozen turkey back on the sales floor. You expect a certain level of stupidity in retail rules but target shined bright.
Could you keep the food for yourself or it had to be thrown away?

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Nightmare scenario for people who work at Target. People are going to abuse the hell out of them because of some IT fuck up.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of one time I worked at a local grocery store and our registers wouldn't accept credit cards. Our assistant manager got on the intercom and said our satellites were down LOL