• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This sounds way too crazy to be remotely true. I call bs.
giphy.gif
yeah it's pretty wild.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
haha yeah this is bullshit mixed with salt. Literally in the title of the reddit.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, the good old fake school of mixing some real info with a bunch of total nonsense.

Yes, the movie looks like it didn't even have a director, but I doubt that this is because Disney overruled J.J.

We've seen the interviews Terrio gave, with that guy's writing you just can't have a better movie than this.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Please no more Star Wars controversy.

God damn it this shit is going to flood my recommendations for years somehow.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really believe the overall list but I wouldn't be surprised if the Force ghosts were cut out to appease China

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Another work where the controversy surrounding it is better than the work itself.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Why would you link to r/saltierthancrait?

Even if any of this was true (most of sounds like some crazy conspiracy BS), that subreddit is super toxic and shouldn't be linked to.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a wishlist of things designed to shift blame away from JJ and onto Disney itself.

What the hell happened with this movie to make everyone involved with it spend their time trying to blame everyone else? Disney, JJ, Terrio, even the actors, everybody seems to be pointing the finger and going "NOT ME!"

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
Most of this seems fake to me. There are some obvious truths sprinkled in to cover falsehoods. Disney would not purposefully fuck up ROS (and damage one of their key franchises) to fuck over Abrams and Warner Brothers. They would absolutely accidentally do it through meddling and forcing considerations for the Chinese market on the creatives.
I don't think people should dismiss the Finn Poe stuff though. Finn / Poe looked like a thing that may happen after TFA. Oscar Isaacs was definitely playing Poe as interested in Finn.

Oct 25, 2017
The Luke and Rose/Rey stuff is informed speculation, but considering the source...

It'sBullshitButIBelieveIt.bmp

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds all fake and I won't be surprised if this get's locked soon, but I can't help but chuckle at these rumored "Appease to China" leaks when TRoS opened less than freakin Solo in China.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I buy is that the run time was longer. Everything else is bullshit.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this is /saltierthancrate, ground zero in the toxic fandom movement. Cannot fucking believe this fanfiction is even being discussed as anything but. There are things that seem obvious such that they feel true as well as details from old leaks sprinkled about to add authenticity, but this is mostly nonsense. Like this whole narrative around WB and DC positioned as some sort of major threat to Disney is embarrassing.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Read the whole thing and it gave me flashbacks to the development hell I'm in since optioning my script to a director years ago. If its true, I will forgive you JJ. Only because I empathise with your plight.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it, none of it seems super out there, even if it does paint JJ in a very positive light.

Also the bit of a different piece of John Williams music playing instead of what was intended is constantly happening in the Star Wars series.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Oppressing Hong Kong? Ok. Committing an untold number of human rights violations to literally ethnically cleanse the Uighurs as a people? Whatever.
But choosing which colour the force ghosts in my SW movies have? Now, that's just crossing the line!

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this all seems fake as hell, with maybe the exception of Disney pissing off the cast and crew in some way, since some of them have been sort of throwing shade at the film recently (Boyega/Isaac).

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like BS diehard fans make up because they can't just accept that a bad movie was bad.

Star Wars fandom gonna have its own SnyderCut nonsense at this rate.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Bringing back all the old Jedi as ghosts was the most obvious "fan service but still great way to end the saga" and yet it didn't happen.
as soon as i heard something about jj trying to wrap up not only the trilogy but all nine or something i instantly knew there was just going to be some force ghosts of qui gon next to luke and every other jedi in any movie or some shit

ill take voices

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
"WB wants Abrams for some DC projects. My source said that this generation's Star Wars is the MCU, and Marvel's biggest threat is a well operational DC. They want to keep DC in the limbo that they're in right now. Abrams jumpstarting that franchise with something like a successful, audience-pleasing Superman movie makes them nervous. Their goal is to make JJ look bad to potential investors/shareholders."

this rumor sounds like fucking bullshit
Make your own movie bomb to own WB.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
JJ was not happy with where TLJ took the story. The final result is a mix of that story and the story told by Disney and whoever they tried to impress ("certainly not the fans"). J

This is the only part I can fully believe.

It's funny despite this list of "insider information" the main problems with the films are still JJ's fault. JJ didn't like the direction of TLJ. JJ wanted Palpatine back. JJ wanted Rey as a Palpatine. That the final film is an editing nightmare doesn't change this simple core, the story failings are the result of his decisions.

That said, the only thing that has me lending credence to this whole thing is this:

The "ending that will blow your mind" was a part of this. Older actors were included like Hayden, Ewan and Samuel and anyone who wasn't animated. The force ghosts weren't meant to be voices because they shot that footage on camera. The actors were in costumes. Rey was supposed to be surrounded by the force ghosts to serve as sort of a barrier between her and the Sith surrounding them.

My source thinks but can't 100% confirm that this is because of China. It's an office talk of sorts. Some VFX people claimed they got a list of approved shades of blue they could use on the Luke force ghosts. Cutting this out was when the bad blood turned into a nightmare for JJ because the movie he was making was suddenly unrecognizable to him in almost every way.

This explains why Luke's Force Ghost was so wonky looking. China.

Also, if this shit is true then Lucas was right about the "white slavers" comment. He fucking knew.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need more than a random insider to get me to believe some of this, especially such heavily creative meddling from Disney.

This movie looks, feel, and fails like an Abrams film through and through. It had all the positives and negatives his movies always do

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
Listen, y'all. I can't say much, but I will say this: the movie did go through multiple cuts, but the production wasn't nearly the disaster people try to paint it as. It was simply poor creative direction that killed the movie.

This is all bullshit.

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
How convenient that someone heavily involved with a toxic subreddit devoted to shitting on Disney would come across a bunch of info that looks really bad for Disney.

I don't know what damn thing, so this could all be true, but when the source is this compromised, I don't even think it's worth discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.