• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
JediPaxis on Matt Smith in TROS:

"People that knew about the film while it was in the production phase swore up and down that he was on set, but people familiar with the film when post production started didn't seem to know anything about his involvement.

This part is just speculation, but I suspect that he has something to do with the spirits of the Sith or a rejuvenated Palpatine, but that changed relatively early on and his scenes were cut."

"I was initially told that the final scene would have more of our main characters present and that the [Finn and Rey] hand holding thing was shot as a payoff to Finn trying to tell Rey something throughout the film. Maybe it's accurate, maybe it's not, it's just one of the things I was told a while back."

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Disney nixing Finn/Poe is obvious from the fact that they created entirely new characters in the finale as clear methods to nix the possible gay relationship.

monome

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't tell if true but the massive leaks since septembre/octobre tell a tale of stars' wars.

We're gonna end up with a Mandalorian "shared universe" as a way to side-step not knowing what to do with SW.
Unless Cassian Endor is John Wick/Bond in Space, can't see what's the deal with it.
Obi-Wan...should be Breaking Bad in Space.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hah, that subreddit looks like a massive shithole. This seems right up their alley.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Disney shut down the FinnPoe romance

Isn't this kinda what Oscar Isaac said?

IGN recently talked to Rise of Skywalker star Oscar Isaac about the relationship between hotshot Resistance pilot Poe Dameron and stormtrooper-turned-rebel Finn, and Isaac spoke candidly about his interest in seeing a Poe and Finn romance become canon in the new films. Unfortunately, it sounds as if he also met with some... resistance from Disney. Watch the video interview with Isaac below:

"I think there could've been a very interesting, forward-thinking - not even forward-thinking, just, like, current-thinking - love story there, something that hadn't quite been explored yet; particularly the dynamic between these two men in war that could've fallen in love with each other," Isaac told IGN. "I would try to push it a bit in that direction, but the Disney overlords were not ready to do that."

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
8fuukla.jpg

If this was any other studio I wouldn't believe it, but because it's Disney it's hard not to.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After TROS, why would anyone WANT to see a Superman by an idiot who constantly misses the point of the IPs he "revives"?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO this is so fake OP.

Almost anytime you read of a controlled leak that isn't in politics it's absolutely fake.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
as soon as i heard something about jj trying to wrap up not only the trilogy but all nine or something i instantly knew there was just going to be some force ghosts of qui gon next to luke and every other jedi in any movie or some shit

ill take voices
Yeah, but there's the thought that J.J. Abrams was looking at the script, thinking "Is this too much nostalgia?". And we have to assume that J.J. Abrams of all directors stood up and said "This is too much nostalgia, let's tone it down some."

Okay, I kid, it's still possible. There's logistical issues too with getting special effects and likeness rights and live-action designs for the CG-only characters, but I still smile at the idea that J.J. Abrams had to soften nostalgia bait that went too far. :)

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
After TROS, why would anyone WANT to see a Superman by an idiot who constantly misses the point of the IPs he "revives"?

Idk, it'd be hard for JJ to fuck up Superman. Such a hero plays to his strengths. Like, you can have a straight fan service Supes film that is totally unoriginal and it would still probably be the second best Superman film. Plus, JJ is good at rebooting, he sucks at actually finishing or making a sequel to anything.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
The blue is about making them look less like ghosts, which are taboo.

I mean okay, I do understand the ghost taboo. But the Skywalkers are still obviously dead and still obviously being portrayed as ghosts regardless of the hue of blue being used. Can the production really be pulling the wool over Chinese viewers' eyes with a different shade of blue? I don't see the point. And in a laundry list of obvious 'fake' items, that one just seems absolutely ridiculous and pointless to me.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The force ghost thing sounds too ludicrous. It's not like they can't have two cuts with different shades of blue. China only cares about ghosts if they're set in realistic settings. In scifi and fantasy they generally don't care🤷‍♂️

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Yeah, but there's the thought that J.J. Abrams was looking at the script, thinking "Is this too much nostalgia?". And we have to assume that J.J. Abrams of all directors stood up and said "This is too much nostalgia, let's tone it down some."

Okay, I kid, it's still possible. There's logistical issues too with getting special effects and likeness rights and live-action designs for the CG-only characters, but I still smile at the idea that J.J. Abrams had to soften nostalgia bait that went too far. :)
oh i have no clue, nor really care, about who's responsible for any of it

i just think force ghost of everyone is super dumb and obvious

like come on we can do better than that can't we? maybe they can't who knows

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Why would WB want JJ get near DCEU? By now they must be all aware how disliked this guy is. If instead of Abrams, Gunn was mentioned, I would believe this more.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
If they really did film and cut the Force Ghosts, that's a huge fucking blunder as that would have been fucking fantastic.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
What irritates me the most is how Rose was just tossed aside so easily. It just feels like they were pandering to the most toxic of their fanbase, even if that wasn't the intention.

Jan 29, 2018
I don't understand why this reddit post is worth discussing if they don't have any evidence of their alleged insider status.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
What are people wanting here? The force ghosts would be doing what exactly, standing there while Rey is fighting the Emperor? Or actively fighting in the battle?

If the latter, that's a whole can of worms that kind of breaks any future movie as everyone will just wonder when the force ghosts are showing up to save the day. It was already stretching the premise to have Luke raise the X-Wing.

I thought it made sense the way it was presented. 🤷‍♂️

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
What irritates me the most is how Rose was just tossed aside so easily. It just feels like they were pandering to the most toxic of their fanbase, even if that wasn't the intention.

Funny is that the leak doesn't contradict JJ reducing her role. The leak talks about Disney wanting more of her scenes cut, Terrio talks about her having more scenes with Leia, but no one mentions her actually leaving the planet and going on adventures with the crew. So even in the leakers own version of events, Rose had a heavily reduced role.

What are people wanting here? The force ghosts would be doing what exactly, standing there while Rey is fighting the Emperor? Or actively fighting in the battle?

If the latter, that's a whole can of worms that kind of breaks any future movie as everyone will just wonder when the force ghosts are showing up to save the day. It was already stretching the premise to have Luke raise the X-Wing.

I thought it made sense the way it was presented. 🤷‍♂️

Not to fight, but to simply be visible. To flex on Palpatine.

If you're going ham, you need to go full ham. There was no reason not to show all those Force Ghosts, especially ANAKIN FUCKING SKYWALKER.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Coco did pretty well in China. No alternate cut needed.
Probably because it was regarded as fantasy. China only cares about ghosts if they're straight up horror movies. It's the superstitious portion that they don't like. I have seen Chinese movies that get by by having it be all a dream, or have the main character be crazy, just to make 95% of a horror movie about ghosts.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
Why would WB want JJ get near DCEU? By now they must be all aware how disliked this guy is. If instead of Abrams, Gunn was mentioned, I would believe this more.
??? J.J. just signed a $500M deal with WB. He's clearly going to be touching the DCEU.
If they really did film and cut the Force Ghosts, that's a huge fucking blunder as that would have been fucking fantastic.
There were a ton of reports of Hayden being on set at one point during the same time Ian was that just didn't pan out.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
If you posted this because you frequent this subreddit, OP, my opinion of you has dropped to rock bottom.
1. I've literally never been to this subreddit before. This post was one of the top trends on Twitter all morning.
2. What are you accomplishing by drawing conclusions about my character and who I am from a thread about Star Wars when you literally know nothing about me?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
??? J.J. just signed a $500M deal with WB. He's clearly going to be touching the DCEU.

There were a ton of reports of Hayden being on set at one point during the same time Ian was that just didn't pan out.
Yeah, just read the deal Bad Robot Production had with WarnerMedia. All I can say is good luck to Abrams. At least the movies he touches are visually great.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Most of that sounds too absurd to be true, but some of it sounds plausible and would explain a few things. And a bit of it is supported by other info and pics we've seen.

I think its a fake dump with a few true and plausible tidbits thrown in to create credibility.

It's far more likely JJ just made a bad film.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This is so obviously bullshit that it's telling who wants to take it at face value. I mean, really, Disney feels threatened by WB? Disney leaked their own script to damage JJ's prospects for making a DC superhero movie? lmao. This is the fever dream of the #RelasetheSnyderCut cult.

The "cut the Force ghosts to appease" China doesn't even make any sense. There's already a ghost in this movie! And there was one in the last movie too!

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. I've literally never been to this subreddit before. This post was one of the top trends on Twitter all morning.
2. What are you accomplishing by drawing conclusions about my character and who I am from a thread about Star Wars when you literally know nothing about me?
I get what the person is saying. Maybe we should all do some more research instead of posting bullshit from a toxic alt right page?

Dec 12, 2017
There is no chance there was ever a FinnPoe romance planned.
Exactly. There was NOTHING to suggest that Finn was into anyone in this trilogy besides Rey.

Not Rose.
Not Jannah.
Not Poe.

No it wasn't. Those two were the only ones with real chemistry in the ST. Other than maybe Rey and Kylo.
Even the actors wanted it to happen.
No, Oscar Issac wanted it to happen. I don't remember John Boyega ever saying he wanted it to happen. If so, feel free to link me.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of this sounds like bullshit. A lot of it hinges on the idea that Disney deliberately sabotaged TRoS, the ending of the new trilogy and the Skywalker saga, a franchise they know has had some fatigue set in and was on shaky ground with audiences, just to taint JJ's rep a bit in case he goes off and makes a Superman movie that could jump start a DC movie renaissance and give Marvel more competition.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • get jj abrams to direct your movie after colin is ousted from production, who you're secretly trying to undermine to make him look unappealing to your rival company warner bros
  • leak a fake script that most of the public isn't even going to look at on ebay to make him look bad
  • actively fuck with the production
  • make movie bad so jj abrams looks bad
  • profit??? question mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.