• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some of this stuff is either true (like Kelly Marie Tran specifically talked about wanting to see her scenes with Rey) or partially true but it mostly just reads like a point by point list where JJ is absolved of any wrongdoing whatsoever and was *totally* trying to make a great movie while Disney/Lucasfilms/China were hell bent on making the wrong decision every time. And some of them read like total nonsense, like Disney/Marvel being worried about JJ turning the DCEU around to the extent that they wanted to sabotage him

Even if there really is an actual source close to production for this it's very clearly one with a major agenda.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if J.J. has to come out of his hideout and deny these rumours now.

"It's not true that Disney overruled me, the movie is bad because of MY creative decisions."

yodaljedi.gif

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Goddamnit, I was really hoping that all the Jedi ghosts would appear at the end. That we heard their voice was a huge disappointment.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
1. I've literally never been to this subreddit before. This post was one of the top trends on Twitter all morning.
2. What are you accomplishing by drawing conclusions about my character and who I am from a thread about Star Wars when you literally know nothing about me?
If you didn't know what the source was, you should have looked into it before making a thread about it.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Funny is that the leak doesn't contradict JJ reducing her role. The leak talks about Disney wanting more of her scenes cut, Terrio talks about her having more scenes with Leia, but no one mentions her actually leaving the planet and going on adventures with the crew. So even in the leakers own version of events, Rose had a heavily reduced role.

Not to fight, but to simply be visible. To flex on Palpatine.

If you're going ham, you need to go full ham. There was no reason not to show all those Force Ghosts, especially ANAKIN FUCKING SKYWALKER.

They accomplished that with the voices though.

Anyway, I'd be all for them getting the CGI likeness of the actor who played Anakin... You know, Sebastian Shaw. šŸ˜Ž

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
This sounds like something straight from We Got This Covered.
Whoever has time to write fanfiction about behind the scenes drama about Star Wars really needs to reconsider their life choices.

Nov 1, 2017
Disney/LF would not go to the trouble of shooting a scene with all the living Jedi and then cut it just because of China. After TLJ and Solo, it was clear there's very little money to be made from this franchise in China.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This stuff is wild. Even if 25% is true. I'd pay to go to an extended cut showing. This movie is so busted some of this has to be legit.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
Okay, can mods lock this thread? This thing has been trending all morning on Twitter but now people are accusing me of being alt-right because of the source of the article and I'd really rather not have to deal with that kind of clownery today.

NHarmonic.

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"WB wants Abrams for some DC projects. My source said that this generation's Star Wars is the MCU, and Marvel's biggest threat is a well operational DC. They want to keep DC in the limbo that they're in right now. Abrams jumpstarting that franchise with something like a successful, audience-pleasing Superman movie makes them nervous. Their goal is to make JJ look bad to potential investors/shareholders."

this rumor sounds like fucking bullshit

This is such DC fanboy nonsense. It's missing the #releasethesnydercut at the end.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
We're locking this thread as there currently is no insider verification on Reddit's side that any of this is true. If there is some degree of insider verification then a new thread can be started.

#ReleasetheJJcut

Status
Not open for further replies.