• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
Full post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/saltiertha...8/heres_what_ive_been_told_from_a_source_that

Interesting bites:
  1. Original cut is 3h2m and the script on eBay was a PR stunt
  2. Force ghosts with all the old Jedi was filmed
  3. Luke was a specific blue to appease China
  4. Rey and Rose has several scenes together
  5. Disney leaked the script in order to damage J.J. and the WB deal
  6. Disney shut down the FinnPoe romance
  7. Actors and JJ are pretty upset with Disney

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess the finn and poe stuff would not have been as easily editable for uuhh.. certain markets, so i doubt that would have come up in the first place? its not like they didn't already know they had to suck up to other markets

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was hoping for Force ghosts.

I did think ghost Luke looked really weird, what is the China connection there, do they not like soft blue?

Wasn't Apple willing to pay JJ more and it was between them and Netflix? Never heard about the WB deal.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
So, I'll take this all with a grain of crait salt. But the poster is one of the admins of the subreddit. So that counts for something.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disney never had much interest in BR as a company but they did in JJ because they saw WB (who JJ went with in the end) as a major threat
Now this I don't believe.

EDIT: So yeah, even glancing over the front page of this subreddit makes me believe even more this is just fanboy nonsense.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DevotedInexperiencedEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
Was hoping for Force ghosts.

I did think ghost Luke looked really weird, what is the China connection there, do they not like soft blue?

Wasn't Apple willing to pay JJ more and it was between them and Netflix? Never heard about the WB deal.
Showing ghosts on screen is a big no no in China.
4 is true because the actress mentioned her scenes with Rey.
There are also stills released that show scenes of them together that aren't in the actual movie.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this was real, it would be on r/starwarsleaks, not r/saltierthancrait.

I'll believe it when Paxis confirms it.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Bringing back all the old Jedi as ghosts was the most obvious "fan service but still great way to end the saga" and yet it didn't happen.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
No doubt the production of this film was a disaster but I have a hard time believing some of this stuff. The idea of executives literally editing and rewriting the film without Abrams' involvement sounds absurd.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
  • My source mentioned this shortly after the premiere: "The TROS we saw last night was not the TROS we thought we worked on".
  • JJ was devastated and blindsided by this. He's been feeling down over the last 6 months because of some of the ridiculous demands Disney had that changed his movie's story. While the scenes were shot, a lot of the changes were made in post-production and the audio was rerecorded and altered. My source said they've never seen anything like this happen before. He's the director and he wasn't in the know about what they were doing behind his back.
If these are true..holy moly

Bringing back all the old Jedi as ghosts was the most obvious "fan service but still great way to end the saga" and yet it didn't happen.
yeah, this is the one thing I could not believe the movie did not go for.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's r/SaltierthanCrait, so don't blame me for being a bit skeptical or taking the insider with a grain of salt (ha!).

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"WB wants Abrams for some DC projects. My source said that this generation's Star Wars is the MCU, and Marvel's biggest threat is a well operational DC. They want to keep DC in the limbo that they're in right now. Abrams jumpstarting that franchise with something like a successful, audience-pleasing Superman movie makes them nervous. Their goal is to make JJ look bad to potential investors/shareholders."

this rumor sounds like fucking bullshit

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The ghost thing is totally believable. All the people complaint about Rey just hearing the voices of the old Jedi, blame China.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah besides the Rey and Rose part, the rest of that looks super fake. It's the old sprinkle a bit of truth with your lies, so it looks more believable.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah what the fuck about the ghosts and their color
Was that a problem in China with the previous movies?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The whole force ghost thing seems like the most easy to prove. Like, an interviewer just needs to ask Jackson or Christensen if they were on set filming at any point. You might not get a straight answer, but I feel like anything other than a straight "no" would be telling.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
r/SaltierthanCrait has been dishing out conspiracy theories and "insider leaks" since The Last Jedi came out (the subreddit was literally created for Star Wars fans who have an intense hatred for The Last Jedi and Disney's handling of Star Wars as a whole). It's a subreddit with toxicity that rivals r/Kotakuinaction.

It's best to ignore that post.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
James Gunn made a deal with WB and then suddenly Disney changed its mind about him.
Exactly this. All this bullshit about these big companies wanting each other to succeed is exactly that, bullshit. It is better for Disney if WB and DC fails because at the end of the day there is only enough money to go around and if WB starts to make too much money with DC films or any of their other properties then Disney will feel the impact in their yearly box office receipts.

They despise each other as much as any of the worst fanboys. Just look at that shit that Iger pulled when Scorsese dared to criticize marvel films.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
China don't like ghosts, wtf!?

It wouldn't be too hard to find out if actors were on set, Samuel would totally spill the beans in an interview.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whyyyy are we still making threads about random Reddit posts lmfao

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy a whole bunch of this, regardless of the supposed 'damage' done by TLJ. The data doesn't back up any of the hyperbole spouted, why would Disney 'buckle', just tired of the shit being spewed on the internet? I just don't get it, it doesn't add up. None of it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.