1. northexit

northexit

Yes, it's Keith Raniere's initials sideways with Mack's initials under the top line.

2. Ace Harding

Ace Harding

Source? I went to a camp with a kid whose family owned Seagrams.

3. Akira86

Akira86

Sad and sick.

and some more sad.

Plus some more goddamn sick. what the fuck?

4. O...M....G! I am floored!!

5. m43lstr0m

m43lstr0m

• User was banned for 24 hours: Making a bizarre, inappropriate joke about video game violence in a serious thread.
    Can someone make a mod of this for Far Cry 5? I think i want to shoot Chloe and Lana in a face.

6. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Not sure if this was posted:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/p...tion-based-albany-ny-arrested-sex-trafficking

And here's the link for the full complaint:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/press-release/file/1046381/download

CC: Trojita

7. PHOENIXZERO

PHOENIXZERO

I saw the previous topic but I don't remember if I posted about it. I remember hearing about her supposedly being in some cult back when Smallville was still on and that she was trying to get Kristen Kreuk into it too or something. Shit's fucked up.

8. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

It was the other way around tho. Kristin was there first, introduced Allison to them and then reportedly left. This was supposedly prior to this becoming a sex slaving ring.

9. Gen X

Gen X

Man, I need a spliff. I just managed to get out of an internet rabbit hole reading all these links and I'm feeling really weird.

10. Frecklestein

Frecklestein

Uh

11. PHOENIXZERO

PHOENIXZERO

Eh, it's been almost a decade since I think I first heard about it, either way...

12. Aurelio

Aurelio
    Banned Member

Could've swore there was a 20/20 episode on this a couple of months ago

13. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

There was.

14. Mike Works

Mike Works

I worked with her briefly on Smallville and she was the nicest person on set :(

15. Why do sex cult leaders always have the same look

16. Stiler

Stiler

Fuck, did not expect this.

Chloe was my favorite character on Smallville, she seemed so nice too in interviews and behind the scenes.

17. Medalion

Medalion

Tell us more... what about the other cast? Not to change subject too much, it is a shame this is all going on but I grew up with Smallville

18. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2010/11/bronfman-201011/amp

This article above is from almost EIGHT YEARS ago.

Also, one of the sisters reportedly assisted and tagged along Raniere to flee from the US to Mexico before yesterday's prison. They have a Fiji private island and were reportedly planning to run away to there.

19. JDSN

JDSN

Fuck, I dont even wanna engage this shit right now.

20. benzy

benzy

This shit is weird as fuck.

21. Mike Works

Mike Works

Mack was super nice to everyone, Kreuk was friendly too. Welling was... less than cheery, but I don't hold that against people on set unless they're acting like outright assholes, which he wasn't. Could've been working longer hours than others, etc. I don't think I worked any scenes with the actors who played Lex or Clark's parents.

Sad (and incredulous!) to read all this stuff now.

22. Medalion

Medalion

I had watched a recent interview with Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum (aka Lex Luthor), and they talked about Tom's weirdness... he probably didn't allow himself to have as much fun as he could or should have back in those Smallville days

23. Lonestar

Lonestar
    RIP Bobby Petrino 2003-2006, 2014-2018 Moderator

damn, that's...yeah

Strange enough, no one has bothered to start up any youtube comments. @ 2:20, she starts to "cry" and I had to turn it off from the cringe.

24. Akira86

Akira86

Does that guy sort of remind you of the nerdiest, most dad-bod type Tom Welling-like ever?

25. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Uh... Yeah, this is unhealthy.

26. TAJ

TAJ

There are tons of articles. Here's a really mainstream one.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-sex-had-them-branded-with-a-cauterizing-pen/
    The woman mentioned in this article was actually brought in by her sister, which is something I saw in other articles that I didn't bookmark.
    The name you're looking for is Bronfman.

27. Turtleboats

Turtleboats

Had a crush on her during Smallville.

Thats fucked up if these stories are true.

28. Guy has like a modernization of the David Koresh look

29. Aftermath

Aftermath

Krisitin & Mack were probably trying to recruit him a some point, if this happened whilst Smallville was still on the air, which wouldn’t suprise me why he became recluse at that point, to avoid it.

I’ll have to rewatch that podcast but didnt he say he like kind of was tired from long shoots and didn’t want to party in the early days or something

30. Wackamole

Wackamole

I... How the fuck do people keep getting tricked into shit like this?

Anyway, i hope these asshats get a really long time in jail.

Indeed. Wow.... this is just....
    Basically, if you can talk full sentences and talk a bit spiritual, you can start a commune and fuck your brains out.

31. The fuck is this garbage? Come on man. Everyone aka the culprits in this deserves prison and rehab for the victims. This is real shit that's fucked up.

Edit: Sigh, I might be too keyed up after a long day, and you might have good intentions but this should be taken seriously.

32. Jack Remington

Jack Remington
    User requested permanent ban Member

What kind of a legal defense is brainwashing?

33. Skade

Skade

Yeah, same here... Chloe was my celebrity crush back in the day. She was basically the sole reason i had to watch Smallville...

34. Verelios

Verelios

What the fuck is he talking about? Who believes this? Why would anyone listen to this man?

35. xrnzaaas

xrnzaaas

• User Warned: Inappropriate comment. Making light of a serious situation.
    So it's too late to sign up, right?

[​IMG]

36. Unknownhero

Unknownhero

really dude? really, we're doing this?

37. Raging Spaniard

Raging Spaniard
    Artist at EA Star Wars Verafied

Read the room

38. KonradLaw

KonradLaw
    Banned Member

Damn, a sex cult with both Chloe and Lana sounds like 00s teenagers' fantasy :]
    But the real thing seems utterly terrifyng.

39. so1337

so1337

Weren't we all leaders of a sex cult at one point or another though?

40. VAD

VAD

They branded the pubic region of the women. Holy fucking shit that’s extra evil. Lock them up and throw away the key.

41. hjort

hjort

Not that it's neither here nor there when it comes to tragedies like this, but it feels extra weird to read this while remembering how I used to spend my afternoons at the university dreamingly ogling Allison in Smallville. Man, this whole thing is fucked up.

Gotta say though, 'head slave' is an interesting title to have on your business card.

42. cw_sasuke

cw_sasuke

This might sound stupid... But what exactly is the point of a sex cult? Read the OP still don't have any idea what they even did or what was happening. Do the members have to sleep with strangers to keep their member ship and stay away from society?

43. ZeroX

ZeroX

They have sex with the head of the cult who brands, blackmails and tortures them to keep them under his control.

Rape cult would be more appropriate.

44. StuBurns

StuBurns

The fact that we even have cults blows my mind. That video above, he's kind of a gentle-toned guy, seems nice enough, but to imprint something beyond that on a person you actually met? We deify celebrities and world leaders, but there's the abstraction of not knowing them. Even historically incredible people, like Lincoln, or whoever, as much as you may value that person as being beyond human, if you were spending time with him, that would very quickly dissipate.

All religion is based on utterly absurd fairytales, but at least they have the ancient thing going for them. I'm sure the historical Jesus was an inspiring figure for his time, but we don't have access to him to remove the mystery, but this dude? She's sat right opposite him. I don't understand it.

45. rrc1594

rrc1594

I never like Chole or Lana anyway Team Alicia 4 life motherfuckers.

46. Dan Thunder

Dan Thunder

Funnily enough I was thinking of the same thing. I think it was likely a lot of long hours, long commute and marriage issues. It must be hard living in that bubble away from the real world for what, 10 years?

47. Bluelote

Bluelote

I don't really find it difficult to understand why people would get into it;

this cult seems similar to Scientology (well outside of the sex slave thing, and apparent lack of aliens) with the promises of becoming a better person, changing the world and belonging to a greater cause,
    also it has lots of things in common with traditional religions I think...

the guy is charismatic, smart (not sure I believe his claims of reading when was 1 or 2 years old and iq 240!) and manipulative, that goes a long way... at some point these women were so far into it that it became easy for him to have whatever he wanted, her expression on those videos tells you a lot...

48. Beren

Beren

I was such a huge Smallville fan back in the day. This is pretty heartbreaking to learn that Mack ended up this way. I definitely had a crush on her when I was younger.

49. cw_sasuke

cw_sasuke

That's really messed up.
    I don't understand why people would give up stuff in the first place that let's a stranger blackmail them. There has to be another angle .. Hard to believe that they could be brainwashed that easy.

Can't believe Chloe was a mayor part of this.... Yikes.

50. jdstorm

jdstorm

Actually at the time Jesus was viewed as a terrorist. He was an incredibly controversial figure among the Jewish community.

Rome didn't really care that much until it started leading to civil unrest and then they just added another body to the pile of people they killed.