1. Auros01

Auros01

I'm always amazed at how our society can continue to surprise. I didn't even know this was a thing... and it's obviously weird to know some old Smallville actresses were part of this. Definitely kinda taints the show now since I would always think of this.

Really sad for all affected by this (as victims). Obviously - not sad for those that are getting arrested.

2. Aske

Aske

It wasn't just a bunch of kinky people in a commune who enjoyed branding each other and fucking consensually. The victims were seduced in the beginning, then forced to comply with orders if they stepped out of line or tried to leave. New recruits gave material that could be used for blackmail to the higher-ups, then the higher-ups blackmailed them into a life of slavery that involved rape and the theft of their assets.

3. What the hell were they getting out of this?

4. BlueTsunami

BlueTsunami

Man, spirituality can be such deep dark hole. All it takes is a false sense of enlightenment and a commitment to the cause.

For those wondering why, why, why would anyone be fooled, check this out.

Its not one to one similar to this cult but there's a similar state of mind and emotional need. Some cults are more nefarious about keeping you in, other subtle.

5. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Holy shit. Kreuk was involved with the for EIGHT FUCKING YEARS and something on the way she worded this makes me not exactly believe her that everything was "a-okay" while she was there.

6. Volimar

Volimar

The news stories read to me like the worst stuff evolved out of the self help pyramid scheme stuff, so depending on how long that took, it's possible she's telling the truth. We'll know more if people come forward and name her as one of those involved.

7. Shroki

Shroki

It wouldn't be the first time a self-help cult evolved into something darker.

Scientology was originally a way for a mentally ill con-artist to rip people off and get tax-free exempt status while doing it. Only under Miscavige has it evolved into an insane litigous media powerhouse that spies on people and holds people hostage at glorified workhouses.

8. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

Really?

9. ZeroX

ZeroX

IIRC, there were bad rumors going around about the group beyond five years ago

10. Akira86

Akira86

no, bad internet information let me to the conclusion.

edit: weird thing is that the links that said they were a couple back in 2012 are gone.

11. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Yes that's the impression I've gathered as well. If she was there since she was 23, this was around 2005/2006. I find it unlikely that all the rumors surrounding this were made up based on the amount of insane bullshit that was going on with DOS at the later days. I truly wonder for how long this insanity has been going on.

12. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

This is insane.

13. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

It's carefully worded, but it's possible she's telling the truth. She didn't say she didn't hear of anything sketchy going on there, she just said that she never saw anything. That's not necessarily hard to believe. This group is pretty big and has some very high profile clients. So it makes sense that there would be levels to it. And it's possible that Kristin was never allowed near the sex slave stuff. The most telling part of all though is that she says that since leaving she has minimal contact with those there. So while she may have never saw any of that stuff, I think from that quote that she knew something really bad was going on. Which is why she left and effectively cutoff all contact with those involved.

14. PHOENIXZERO

PHOENIXZERO

15. D i Z

D i Z

That's a whole lot of fucking. No wonder they haven't been on PG camera.

16. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

What was the guy name? Keith Raniere?

17. 4859

Dang dude, you really Stufte'd that in his face.

18. Akira86

Akira86

yep, I googled her name and husband, and that Raniere guy was who came up as trending and the Mark Hildreth guy wasn't anywhere to be seen. Now I google it and its all Kristin and Mark and "learn here about their relationship".

edit: Mark might have been a member as well. Does this rabbit hole have an end!?

19. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

Strange.

20. oatmeal

oatmeal

Jesus Christ lol.

21. devilhawk

devilhawk

Bingo. It's hard not to think that she is either lying in saying she didn't know or, more scarily, is lying about leaving and having no contact. This isn't her just taking a seminar like a number of other prominent celebrities did. 7 years is a long time.

22. Akira86

Akira86

• User Warned: Making light of sexual abuse
    Kristen Kreuk was somebody's sex slave?

That's ho.. cough.. horrible.

23. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

Well, if she did play a bigger role than she claims then she's going down anyway. Given the scale of this cult, it's probably safe to say that they kept records of everyone as well as what they did. That empire is falling and everyone involved to in the illegal activities is going to go down. It's not really one of those things you can run from. Her fingerprints should be everywhere if she was involved in the sex slave aspect of the cult.

24. LordByron28

LordByron28

2005/2006 would align with when she was written off Smallville.

25. lenovox1

lenovox1

No.

26. cervanky

cervanky

What the hell? She wasn’t, but you know we’re talking about a cult that kept women as prisoners and raped them, right? I hope you were spelling “horrible” before your goddamn coughing fit.

27. Sorry I didn't think she'd be involved in all that, seeing as she ostensibly left early. Definitely hope the police investigates if it turns out she was more than that.

28. Slacker247

Slacker247

Bizarre story. Hopefully nothing Kristin is actually involved with! Hollywood, why you so messed up for.

29. PHOENIXZERO

PHOENIXZERO

Is this what's being talked about? Hildreth was Kreuk's boyfriend, he apparently stayed in after she left after they broke up and he only left supposedly last year because Raniere was trying to steal his girlfriend... FFS at branding and that location.

https://frankreport.com/2017/09/10/why-mark-hildreth-left-vanguard/

30. Spine Crawler

Spine Crawler

allison mack is not old..

31. Akira86

Akira86

I hate when a mind-controlling sexual abuser cult leader gets in touch with my girlfriend and tries to steal her from me, while I happen to be a member of that very same cult.

all of this is way too sticky to take at face value. I would like to suspend judgement until more comes out, but cult members are hard to trust. I'm suspicious of them all at this point.

32. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

We are in a timeline that Hollywood fucking Life seems like a legit source to something like this.

Source: http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/03/29/nxivm-cult-member-interview-allison-mack-arrest/

And here's a Buzzfeed article for good measure:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyan...ntertainment&utm_term=.po2nzYxmo6#.sbqmqPRzx8

33. Ben Morales

Ben Morales

So I went to Allison's twitter and noticed that she tweeted this a couple months ago. No text, just a pic:

https://twitter.com/allisonmack/status/955772257124737029

Seemed so random to post with no context. It's a pic of Marina Abramovic. Known for her "Spirit Cooking" performance art shows. So that makes me wonder, what other weird shit is Allison into? Damn...

34. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

FWIW, one of the most known victims came forward in defense of Kristin:

Now this is bullshit and known alt-right / far right hoax. Abramovic is a weirdo, but not a satanist. It was debunked again and again.

35. Shauni

Shauni
    Banned Member

This is some crazy shit.

36. intheflorsh

intheflorsh

What the fuck

37. Cardon

Cardon

Holy shit, the voice actor of Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing, Action Man, and DJ Atomika from SSX3 was in the cult too? Goddamn, this cult seemed to run deep in who it grabbed.

38. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

Ran across this video of Allison from last year. She looks rather sickly. Super thin

[​IMG]

39. Damn. She looks really bad. I remember seeing her randomly on that Frodo show with the dog costume guy and she looked normal. Sad to see. She’s only like 35 but looks a lot older

40. Sub Boss

Sub Boss

Religion + Sex is not a good combination

41. The weirdo, who she apparently is desperate to marry, demands all his girlfriends be super thin. In addition to the diets that have been mentioned he is rumoured to have demanded she run huge distances every week. People who live nearby have talked about how they would see her out running for many hours a day.

42. Figboy

Figboy

Such a batshit insane, awful story. I hope justice is served for everyone involved in this mess.

43. kbear

kbear
    Banned Member

Bit of an update to this story. It seems the cult lives despite Raniere's arrest:

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/09/alleged-sex-cult-recruits-hipsters-in-brooklyn/

Alleged sex cult recruiting hipsters in Brooklyn

What a crazy story

44. Chanser

Chanser

45. Nassudan

Nassudan

46. DoItForJohnny5Alive

DoItForJohnny5Alive
    Banned Member

such a great song for a great show...at least for a few seasons anyway

47. Jacqli

Jacqli

I think she forgot sex-slaver in her bio.

This whole situation is so messed up and surreal, like pure fiction. And the worst part is that these poor women were normal people, it is scary how manipulable we might be.

48. shaneo632

shaneo632

Goddamn Chloe.

49. DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Holy shit