• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 1, 2018
I seriously dont understand how DICE could make a world war 2 game / shooter without the best map of them all: wake island.

battlefield is KNOWN for huge conquest maps. what did we get so far? small tiny maps for 16 players. this has to be a joke right?

137571-vollbild.jpg

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They added alot of bigger maps for conquest. They also said before release pacific will come later as they roughly follow the war 'timeline'. Pacific will in November and we already got a tease at e3

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Played BF1 last night and it was so intense and enjoyable compared to anything offered in BFV. Sad really.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
They added alot of bigger maps for conquest. They also said before release pacific will come later as they roughly follow the war 'timeline'. Pacific will in November and we already got a tease at e3

Please define "a lot", because for me 2 conquest maps (including Marita which is barely a "big" conquest map) in almost a year isn't "a lot" at all.

And Pcific in november is very far from being something we can be 100% sure...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Please define "a lot", because for me 2 conquest maps (including Marita which is barely a "big" conquest map) in almost a year isn't "a lot" at all.

And Pcific in november is very far from being something we can be 100% sure...

They added Panzerstorm (one of the biggest maps after made), Mercury, Al Sundan and Marita wich count for big maps or the usual BF conquest maps. Lofoten and Provence are the small maps. So no. We didnt get so far only 16 player maps.
And we cant be sure when Pacific is specifically coming because the offcourse didnt say a exact date yet. Like i explained it isnt in the game yet because they do the timeline. I dont agree with it also. But it is what it is. So imo its abit much to "complain" about that Wake Island isnt in yet. If you agree with the idea of the "timeline" is a other thing tho.

Oct 27, 2017
Almost one year after launch, Battlefield V still doesnt have anything else but Brits and Germans + 2 Conquest maps

By this time, we had 6 French and 6 Russian maps in BF1, and almost the entire BF4 season pass. (STFU about Panzerstorm, it rolled a couple of weeks after launch just like Giant's Shadow)

Co-op is a joke. Firestorm DOA and abandoned. We got 2 Conquest maps... and that is it folks. I am confident that EA will deliver the 3 Conquest maps in 12 months, and then 2 (doubt it is going to be 3 CQ maps) for the debut of Pacific.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
You've missed Anthem? The core of BFV is great and it has the best gunplay on the market right now.

The core gameplay of BFV is amazing and it's why it was one of my most played games of last year. Unfortunately, the live aspect of the game has been absolutely fucking terrible. Just hacked together modes no one cares about, next to no map support, endless bugs that take forever to get fixed, etc. Probably the worst service game I can recall from a AAA publisher, excluding the shit that bombed and was abandoned immediately like Anthem.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Almost one year after launch, Battlefield V still doesnt have anything else but Brits and Germans + 2 Conquest maps

By this time, we had 6 French and 6 Russian maps in BF1, and almost the entire BF4 season pass. (STFU about Panzerstorm, it rolled a couple of weeks after launch just like Giant's Shadow)

Co-op is a joke. Firestorm DOA and abandoned. We got 2 Conquest maps... and that is it folks. I am confident that EA will deliver the 3 Conquest maps in 12 months, and then 2 (doubt it is going to be 3 CQ maps) for the debut of Pacific.

Why would you think that content you don't pay for would come out as fast as content you did pay for?

A project is a triangle of scope, resources, and time. You want the scope to stay the same and the resources (money) to go down, so now the time has to get longer. Or since you reduced the amount of money coming in to 0, you now get a smaller scope and more time for the project. It's a pretty elementary concept, you get what you pay for...which is nothing but the base game.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefront 2 has had an awesome turnaround but it wasn't overnight. That said I think I'd be fine returning to premium content because at least with that, there was an option to play new content.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Blame EA and Live service. Lmao I did enjoy firestorm a bit (why is it still not free 2 play?) ,but everything else is a complete joke. No question about it.

Oct 25, 2017
BFV isn't what I envisioned when they said they were making a World War 2 game.

I was so happy to go back to what made 1942 great.

Then we got whatever the fuck V is.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
No, you said the map was added and it isn't. And what is BT?
Well the map is added.
Edit: I think i made a mistake. Confused Sundan with Aerodrome from some reason. Its not out yet for BT.
But from vids we saw its not gonna be a small map tho. Far from 16 players experience like Lofoton. Wich are 32 players tho btw.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

People wanted free maps, this is the consequence.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Wake Island and El Alamein were literally the only two things I wanted from BFV's multiplayer. Got neither of 'em.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Well the map is added.
Edit: I think i made a mistake. Confused Sundan with Aerodrome from some reason. Its not out yet for BT.
But from vids we saw its not gonna be a small map tho. Far from 16 players experience like Lofoton. Wich are 32 players tho btw.

Panzerstorm was clearly pulled out of the launch maps just and "offered" in december as a christmas gift from Dice. I can't believe a second that this was a real "new map".

Al Sundan is MIA in conquest and only available in SQC right now
Lofoten and Provence are SCQ only (which is 8vs8 only btw, not 16v16)

So in reality we did only have 2 maps in 10 months adding to the core battlefield experience which is conquest mode : Mercury (I like it when playing with good teammates) and Marita (which I hate, whoever I'm playing with). Unless of course if you are like Dice and want to say that Halvoy represents 10 maps by its own ?

I guess that BT = breakthrough ?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
EA just can't do live service. It also doesn't help that it has no premium.

It's a real shame since BFV has the best gameplay of any BF, but it's marred down with this bullshit.