• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Ash Win

• No

Votes: 304 33.6%
  • No

Votes: 149 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 206 22.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 245 27.1%

• Total voters

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I cant be the only one that noticed the new helicopter evolution
tmHgc7A.png

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I wish Mimikyu and Mareanie, and even Bewear, got the Seviper and Cacnea treatment where Team Rocket gets to keep them with them. Mimikyu's a super popular mascot Pokemon in general at this point.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can take or leave Mareanie, but Mimikyu is such a perfect fit for Team Rocket it's a legitimate shame they aren't keeping it.

It's also a shame that Bewear isn't going to be a feature of the characters going forward, because that whole setup is the best thing they've ever done with them.

Aug 7, 2019
Ash and Team Rocket both leaving families, good mirroring

I just find it extremely weird Mimikyu is the main one mentioned, there's a chance TR is unsuccessful ditching it specifically (especially if it sees Pikachu leaving)

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If they seriously leave them behind this will be the third saga in a row. It's just dumb imo

Remember Frillish and Amoonguss, yeah, neither do the people who make this show lmao

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
My only complaint about this battle is that it was not the finals. Can't imagine how my hype would've been if I was waiting on that battle to see if he was a champion or not.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Gladion ended up like the 4th best battle of the league lol
Maybe the most repeated single move animation of any episode

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just watched all four parts of the battle and while it was good...it unfortunately for me does not does come anywhere close to the tension and hype of Ash VS Paul in the Sinnoh arc, which I watched prior to watching Ash VS Kukui.

The reason why I prefer Ash VS Paul was simply because, Ash and his PokΓ©mon were the underdog throughout the entire Sinnoh arc with Ash's training method being criticized by Paul and it built up through the arc with it ending at the league and Infernape showing Paul what he is a strong PokΓ©mon.

Furthermore Paul displayed different tacit during battle and purposely let Ash defeat two of his PokΓ©mon to scout out his team and play mind games with him as Paul proceeded to tear apart Ash's team with Infernape coming in and out to help Ash. Ash VS Kuku was just more of a case of strong attacks clashing against each other.

I also lost interest when Tapu Koko showed up and took over as Kukui's final PokΓ©mon and it ended up being a Pikachu Vs Tapu Koko fight as ehhhh Ash's Pikachu has always been most boring PokΓ©mon to watch battling plus it felt like the battle should had ended when Ash's Torracat defeated Kukui's Incineroar thus ending their rivalry. Plus it evolving so late in the animΓ© is kinda lame as it means we will never get to see cool battles from Ash's Incineroar.

All in all, I while I liked Ash VS Kukui battle and rank it above Ash vs Alain's battle for me Ash Vs Paul is still more enjoyable, though I will praise Sun and Moon for having the better animation.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to have a match vs the prof that ends in a Z move power struggle it makes the most sense to be the original character duo.
Kukui+Alolas guardian using the regions unique method of Pokemon battling to cap off the first league that trainer hes against inspired him to build is about as good of an ending any of these has had. The series even began with Tapu Koko giving him his crystal and deciding to train him up over time.

That and I did not expect them to give him a second big win. In my mind that was less likely than winning the league itself.

Last edited:

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Hey. Wow! Those four episodes featuring Ash vs Kukui really made up at how middle-of-the-road this league was in general for me. I even got the great animation bonanza finale at the end too. This was much more of a satisfying win than the league title.

And that was a bit of a troll move that Torracat evolved at the end of the battle only to faint before we had a chance to see it fight as Incineroar. Hopefully we will see it battle in the following episode.

NHarmonic.

β–² Legend β–²
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That Tapu-koko battle was the hypest shit. Such a great time watching these episodes. Might stick around for the new show if it's good.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno bout perfect, but its certainly a spectacle. Makes sense that the director for episode 43 was involved.
On the other hand, I think Sun and Moon has the best collection of opening animations.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
We don't actually know if it's a proper special, there will just be a something Pokemon related in that slot.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
Satoshi has made a huge decision. But then something appears before him... What is it?! Meanwhile, the Rocket Gang has been contacted by Headquarters, and appear to be troubled by something...
We also have an important announcement regarding the new anime series!

Summary:
Satoshi has made a huge decision about his future. However, he hasn't been able to tell the others at the PokΓ©mon School. But then a PokΓ©mon he remembers well appears before him... Meanwhile, the Rocket Gang has been contacted by Headquarters, and are troubled by something. And something major happens in regard to Lilie's goal as well! What are the roads each person will walk towards their future?! We've finally reached the final episode of "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon"!
We also have an important announcement regarding the new anime series!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Alola Nyarth
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Risa Shimizu: Ashirene
Wakana Minami: Shore
Ryota Iwasaki: Zoroark
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Kenta Miyake: Sakaki
Kiyomi Asai: Matori
Mitsuaki Madono: Sauboh
Sayaka Kinoshita: Lusamine
Sachi Kokuryu: Burnet
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Kazuyuki Okitsu: 'Ulu
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Ash gonna finally meet Ho-Oh and even decide battle it, he isn't done checking off that list, he is just starting. The absolute madmen are gonna have the Gen 8 Anime be a giant victory tour before they make Go the next protag.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Ash gonna finally meet Ho-Oh and even decide battle it, he isn't done checking off that list, he is just starting. The absolute madmen are gonna have the Gen 8 Anime be a giant victory tour before they make Go the next protag.
Damn that would be so hype. Considering the next anime's blurb is Ash has a certain encounter that makes him wanna be like the best battler.

PokΓ©mon

Oct 27, 2017
I still wonder why they built up Lana's Eevee over so many episodes and if they will still do something with it now that Sun/Moon is basically over. Maybe a new Eeveelution in the future during a reunion?
I was secretly hoping we would get a new Eeveelution for Sword/Shield and Lana's Eevee would be the way to introduce it.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I still wonder why they built up Lana's Eevee over so many episodes and if they will still do something with it now that Sun/Moon is basically over. Maybe a new Eeveelution in the future during a reunion?
I was secretly hoping we would get a new Eeveelution for Sword/Shield and Lana's Eevee would be the way to introduce it.
It was for let's go. Bare minimum but that has to be why it was added

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Ash is going to Oak his legendary PokΓ©mon? πŸ€”

I was so disappointed that they gave Eevee to Lana, my least favorite character of gen 7, and that all she did was give it a stupid haircut.

What a waste of an Eevee.

PokΓ©mon

Oct 27, 2017
It was for let's go. Bare minimum but that has to be why it was added

Oh yeah you are right. Totally forgot about Let's Go but it makes sense. I started watching the anime this June and basically binge watched the whole anime up until the recent episode during that time so I didn't realise the Eevee episodes aired during Let's Go promotion.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
So I stopped watching pokemon around the early advance years and got brought back in for x and y when it looked like ash would win the league. He didn't so I never bothered continuing with sun and moon but after hearing about ash winning the league I went and watched every major battle, gym battle and league in order for each series (most of which I never seen) and the last few battle in sun and moon were easily the best outside of maybe the final battle in x and y.

I'm also mostly caught up for the new series which seems like a big change, so these final sun and moon episodes really feel like the end of an era.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
They put Eevee in because Eevee on its own is now a mascot. Considering its unique look I don't think it was ever meant to evolve, either.

And also, Lana is great, and giving her a new PokΓ©mon is worthwhile on its own.