• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Ash Win

• No

Votes: 304 33.6%
  • No

Votes: 149 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 206 22.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 245 27.1%

• Total voters

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The anime will have officially jumped the shark once the producers finally cave and Ash gets an Eevee(lution) or Lucario.

Lucario sure, but eevee is potentially something entirely new. As much as I appreciated Sylveons dance career it still felt weird to see such a strong battle Pokemon be used in a way that didn't even exist in the games.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently there's a bunch of Eevee merch that seems connected to the anime so maybe Ash will get one...

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017

Also
99wbvnF

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
oof...
Yea that's one of the strengths of using a recurring character who continues travelling around. I still miss my sister who moved to the other side of the world.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Preview. Nebbies in it.

Nov. 10th: Let's Go To the World of Pocket Monsters with Marie Iitoyo! A Special Featuring a Thorough Rundown of the Pokémon Anime

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Preview. Nebbies in it.

Nov. 10th: Let's Go To the World of Pocket Monsters with Marie Iitoyo! A Special Featuring a Thorough Rundown of the Pokémon Anime

Man, the Alolan people were so precious. Kukui and Burnet is honestly more like a real famity Satoshi ever had. Even for team Rocket too. Kiterukuma really care for them. More like their boss ever did. It hurts so much to say goodbye to them. Sun Moon truly is the best season Pokemon ever had. So fun and comfy.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching an abridged version of Pokemon because I actually want to watch all of XY and Sun and Moon and trying to do all of it would be too damn much. I have Diamond and Pearl, and Best Wishes left. Any essential episodes from those I should watch? Because otherwise I'm probably going to mainly just watch the introductions and skip a whole lot of it lol

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
The press release clarifies that the special will be summarizing Ash and Pikachu's encounters so far with a "special video" (i.e. a clip show) in addition to the info on the new series. Marie Iitoyo will be voicing Kangaskhan's baby in the first episode of the series, who "holds the key" to the first episode.
Pictures from the first episode of the new season.
sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So in today's episode, Olivia mentioned to Kiawe and Ash about how there's a lot more to see in the world beyond Alola and it got Ash thinking and deciding to return home for a new start.

Setting the seeds for the new series right there

Let's end this reboot nonsense

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
So in today's episode, Olivia mentioned to Kiawe and Ash about how there's a lot more to see in the world beyond Alola and it got Ash thinking and deciding to return home for a new start.

Setting the seeds for the new series right there

Let's end this reboot nonsense
Man this really makes me wish Kiawe and Ash would travel together in the next series. Damn that would be a fun dynamic.

Also nice to see good boy pulling it out at the end. Too bad no incineroar. Here to hoping Ash uses old Pokémon in the next series. I want to see the big cat fight!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I've started watching the Sun & Moon anime due to champion hype and I'm really loving it. The comedic timing is excellent and it's such a different and fun vibe. I'm early on but I dig the cast so far. I like Rowlet's goofiness and Rotom Dex is basically "WELL ACTUALLY---" come to life. The Bewear terrifies the hell out of me though.

I was also not ready for the Litten episodes. Episode 21 was really sad lmao. That said, I wish Netflix had the Japanese audio. I like the dub but they tend to change the BGM time to time.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
I'll be setting up the OT for the new series on November 10th :)

thank you

I wonder if rotom is going with ash?

I am not reading for next weeks episode so sad :(

Sophicles is off to Hoenn wants to be an astronaut
Lana off to find manaphy
Lillie wonder where she is going
Kiawe wants to be an island king
Mallow wants to be both a chef and Pokémon chef

Ash is going on a world tour of the world

I love how Pokémon is very secretive of the new anime and games this is great let us find out for ourself aka no spoilers

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long it'll take to Ash arrive in Galar.

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Just give me a Dawn cameo in this saga and we'll be fine.
That's assuming we'll also see all the people from Sun and Moon too.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I felt so sad when i saw the next episode preview. :(

I hope the next show carries the spirit of this season, it was too good.

Just give me a Dawn cameo in this saga and we'll be fine.
That's assuming we'll also see all the people from Sun and Moon too.

This is a huge assumption but i think we're gonna see all of Ash's friends again in the new season. The setup lends itself very well to a large cast.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I felt so sad when i saw the next episode preview. :(

I hope the next show carries the spirit of this season, it was too good.

This is a huge assumption but i think we're gonna see all of Ash's friends again in the new season. The setup lends itself very well to a large cast.
That's the only thing that will soften the blow of having to say goodbye to the Alola cast

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the fate of the cast...

Soph is heading to Mossdeep Space Center, Kiawe wants to become an Island Kahuna, Mallow wants to make a people and Pokemon restaurant, and Lana is going to find a Manaphy.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
I hope by the time Ash returns to Alola. Kiawe and him can have a full on battle. Not this 1v1 crap.

And I hope they do a title defense battle when he comes back.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
So when Ash goes on his world tour for example when he reaches hoenn he'll meet up with Socphlices right?

and meet Mallow again in Alola and Lana when he gets to sinnoh

I wonder what regions the other will other cast will go

when Ash gets to pallet town I better see Tracy please :(

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The only time Ash gets a Water starter is when he gets all 3.
Oh wait, forgot Greninja.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to the new protag, rather have a protag interested in trying to catch them all. If Ash takes a back seat I will definitively try to keep up with watching this.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Litten is so cute bro 😩 He's like a real cat. What a hero.

I'm honestly impressed at the production of Sun & Moon. 30 episodes in and each episode has looked amazing. Lovely animation, gorgeous backgrounds, and pretty solid writing. How'd they pull this off for 100+ episodes???

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
All previous companions should show up. A show taking place in all regions leaving co-protagonist from these regions behind would idiotic.
Very true. It would be amazing if everyone from the older anime generations showed up! I would love it if they bring back pokemon contests as side episodes for when they get to Sinnoh.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

First trailer

Still not buying it being a reboot. We have the first title

Episode 1: Pikachu Is Born
In a forest somewhere in Kanto, there once was a lonely Pichu. This Pichu, who was still very young, had a certain encounter and farewell. This all took place shortly before Satoshi and his partner Pikachu started their journey. This is the story of how everything began.