• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Ash Win

• No

Votes: 304 33.6%
  • No

Votes: 149 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 206 22.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 245 27.1%

• Total voters

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Er it looks like a reboot. I don't think it will be but they are making it looks like one.
New opening sounds really great.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
EIRbkWKWkAE8jnc

Poster

Er it looks like a reboot
It doesn't. It has parallels. The first episode is a flashback to when Ash's Pikachu was a Pichu, shows it evolving, and leads into the meeting

I'm still convinced it isn't

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu feels wrong, even though it obviously had to start out like that lol

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Definitely a reboot :)
I'm really not convinced

Look at the Ash throwing alarm clock thing. Pikachu is there already so that part of the journey would have already happened. So it's a full circle there and a callback to the original

We know episode 1 is a flashback to before they met then showing they met through Pikachu

I can definitely see why people think this is a reboot but I'm not convinced, especially as Sun & Moon has literally just set this series up with Ash's ambition to explore the world.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the heavy Kanto-ness of this is just episode 1 and we'll get to Galar very, very quickly.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the earlier regions with a new focus on animation is interesting enough. Kalos is where its going to start feeling a bit redundant.
Wondering how they're going to do the Gyms since Ash already got those before, so maybe hes just helping Go get his?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao Sun and Moon set up Ash traveling, gave Lillie an unresolved goal, team Rocket still has Wobbuffet, and the artstyle besides Ash is still the same as Sun and Moon, it's not a reboot

We get to see Pikachu as Pichu though which is CRAZY

boyifyoudont

Feb 10, 2018
Animation looks great, OP theme sounds very good.
Not feeling this new soundtrack right now though. Hopefully that'll go away after hearing more of it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This is gonna be a hard continuation of SM, if not even stronger than DP being a direct continuation of AG or XY from BW. It seems to me like this tells the story of Pikachu as a Pichu, and then Ash telling the story of how he met Pikachu, probably telling Go how hard it is to choose and starter and how important it is to make the right choice. Its why we see him being given the choice of the Kanto starters from Oak, he probably hears Ash's story and decides to go for Scorbunny instead.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so good. Damn..
Really dislike how Ash looks tho. Looks worse then his S&M style. Guess I'll just have to get used to it.
This is gonna be a hard continuation of SM, if not even stronger than DP being a direct continuation of AG or XY from BW. It seems to me like this tells the story of Pikachu as a Pichu, and then Ash telling the story of how he met Pikachu, probably telling Go how hard it is to choose and starter and how important it is to make the right choice. Its why we see him being given the choice of the Kanto starters from Oak, he probably hears Ash's story and decides to go for Scorbunny instead.
Yeah this is how I see it too.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Those are clearly ash's Pokemon in the Pallet section of the Poster you guys gotta let this reboot thing go.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Is that girl in the trailer new? I don't remember any of the previous information about the new series mentioning a girl.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Summary of the new special
"Pocket Monsters" starts Sunday November 17th! Marie Iitoyo takes a close look at its secrets! We'll have tons of world exclusive clips, including ones from episode 1 of the anime! And Pikachu will appear as well?!

Summary:
The new TV anime series "Pocket Monsters" finally starts airing on Sunday November 17th! The curtain will rise for Satoshi and Pikachu's all new adventure!! To commemorate this, Marie Iitoyo takes a deep look at just what it is that makes the anime so appealing!! We'll of course have special clips that look back at the journeys Satoshi and Pikachu have had so far, but also lots of world exclusive, never before seen clips!! We'll also give you a sneak peek at clips from the first episode of this new series that's so shrouded in mystery!! If you watch this special, you'll be able to enjoy the Pokémon anime a hundred times more!

Cast:
Marie Iitoyo: Host
Takumi Goto (from Yonsen-toshin): Disembodied voice
Yuichi Nakamura: Narration

——
More picks of the up coming anime. Some old shots some new.

Last edited:

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
It finally ended. That was a feels trip. This is the most emotional pokemon seasonal ending for me.
Didn't expect that very last part at the end though. Good for Kukui and Burnet
Alola is such a special place. This is like a second home, or maybe even the true family for Satoshi. Even for team Rocket. They even said that Alola is a second home to them and they will definitely come back someday. Even Kukui and Burnet care more about Satoshi than his real family.

Last edited:

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
It finally ended. That was a feels trip. This is the most emotional pokemon seasonal ending for me.
Didn't expect that very last part at the end though. Good for Kukui and Burnet
Alola is such a special place. This is like a second home, or maybe even the true family for Satoshi. Even for team Rocket. They even said that Alola is a second home to them and they will definitely come back someday. Even Kukui and Burnet care more about Satoshi than his real family.

haven't watched it yet but I'm expecting to cry oh I bet Burnet is pregnant

so long season 23 next stop season 24

I am also looking forward to movie 23 the Mewtwo movie remake in December when it's subbed

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, seeing Serebii update the character bios with all the Pokémon left behind at the end of the series is a bit upsetting. :(

Sun and Moon is the best the anime has ever been by miles, and I'm sad to see it go.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Totally forgot about Daylight shit. Oh well. Really need subs to make sense of this episode.
Man, I do hope time finally passes or Burnets gonna be pregnant forever. Lol.
So Ash Kukuied his Pokémon instead of Oaked.
Kinda weird we didn't get a shot of Ash once heading towards Pallet town.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Totally forgot about Daylight shit. Oh well. Really need subs to make sense of this episode.
Man, I do hope time finally passes or Burnets gonna be pregnant forever. Lol.
So Ash Kukuied his Pokémon instead of Oaked.
Kinda weird we didn't get a shot of Ash once heading towards Pallet town.

somestuff are really quick at subbing Pokémonit's 11am in Ireland and it's usually up at 7pm or 8pm as I get a Twitter notification when it's up

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
somestuff are really quick at subbing Pokémonit's 11am in Ireland and it's usually up at 7pm or 8pm as I get a Twitter notification when it's up
Yep!
Oh man ;__;
Bye Sun and Moon you had your ups and downs. But you left your mark like no other series has. I can only hope the next series won't let Ash regress.
WXMjHeW

And to your dreams.
What a fitting ending tag line for the series too.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Nice ending to the saga. Lillie and family's new clothes make me think we might see them again in Galar.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Huh, Ash and Go started getting interested in Pokemon around the same time going by those flashback pics, and they are the defacto protagonists with no new additions or later additions to the group. Maybe people come and go later on but the majority of episodes will only have those two, I'm loving it. Also looks like Ash's reserves are being shown, which cements this as a continuation. Meanwhile, grumpy fatass Pikachu is back too! Gonna love seeing how he gets that way after evolving from a pichu.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I cant believe we are going to see Pikachu as a Pichu, it's something I never even considered

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Like I said, I'll set up the OT for this next week :)

OT title suggestions are welcome. Mine is

Pokémon 2019 Anime |OT| Here Comes A Brand New World!

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Jigglypuff about to cause a plane crash. Reboot incoming 😜
Wonder what shenanigans it will bring into the new series.
GHVOfc0

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
As a Pichu main in Ultimate this new series is sounding like what I need to get back into Pokémon Anime. 😍

Not bad character design. An actual cute looking Pikachu. Not ugly art style. A cool region+ bringing back the old regions. 😍

Did Ash abandon all his Sun/Moon Pokémon? Like no hope they get brought back into battle right?