• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Ash Win

• No

Votes: 304 33.6%
  • No

Votes: 149 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 206 22.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 245 27.1%

• Total voters

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jigglypuff about to cause a plane crash. Reboot incoming 😜
Wonder what shenanigans it will bring into the new series.
GHVOfc0

Funnily Enough, not even the first time it's done that in the anime.

pokemon_158743_9_full.jpg

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Not bad character design. An actual cute looking Pikachu. Not ugly art style. A cool region+ bringing back the old regions. 😍

Its the same character designer, the exact same Pikachu and a similar art style. If you're expecting something drastically different you're going to be disappointed. Im more baffled that someone can think Sun and Moon anime looked bad.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand Rotom staying in Alola. At all.
Considering the last Pokémon it needed to categorize for Kanto was Mew.

Just feels strange is all.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I feel overwhelmed and the goodbyes were tearjerkers even if Ash is coming back to Alola in the new series

I'm gonna need time to process this

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
This was such a special show. So many emotional moments in the final episode. ;_;

Really excited for the new season, hope they keep doing awesome work, the anime has never been this good.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, now I get why the anime decided to do an all regions deal.

Looking forward to the season even more since it might be the only part of the Pokemon franchise that seems to be doing what I want it to do.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really great finale. Even though i still think he should have been champion in sinnoh and kalos, this entire season has been great.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Loved that ending, Solgaleo is so cool.

Still i'd have loved a bettee moment with ash and his pokemon, and i guess he didn't bring to Kanto any of his Alolan pokemon, to join his ranch? That's kinda disappointing.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Loved that ending, Solgaleo is so cool.

Still i'd have loved a bettee moment with ash and his pokemon, and i guess he didn't bring to Kanto any of his Alolan pokemon, to join his ranch? That's kinda disappointing.
I think it's way better he left them with Kukui, that's where their home is and for Ash it's no different than having them at Oak's.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp finally getting some more episode names. Guess we're going to Galar far earlier then I thought.
November 17th: PM2019 001: Pikachu is Born!
In a forest somewhere in Kanto, there once was a lonely Pichu. This Pichu, who was still very young, went through a certain encounter and farewell. This all took place shortly before Satoshi and his partner Pikachu started their journey. This is the story of how everything in the "Pocket Monsters" anime began.

Screenplay 吉田玲子 (Reiko Yoshida)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 一石小百合 (Sayuri Ichiishi)
Animation Director 吉野真一 (Shinichi Yoshino)
Animation Director 太田都 (Miyako Ota)
November 24th: PM2019 002: On Lugia They Go, Satoshi and Go!
Satoshi and Pikachu head to the Sakuragi Laboratories, which have just opened in Kuchiba City, Kanto, together with Professor Okido. At the lab, they hear about a legendary Pokémon appearing at Kuchiba City's port, so they run there to have a battle. Meanwhile, a local boy named Go is certain he knows what this legendary Pokémon is, and heads to the port as well.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Animation Director 村田理 (Osamu Murata)
December 1st: PM2019 003: Fushigisou is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think So?
>Satoshi and Go have become research fellows at the Sakuragi Laboratories in Kuchiba City, Kanto. Their first job is to investigate a mysterious march of Fushigisou in the city. They immediately go to the city, where they see that the Fushigisou are all headed towards a certain location. Satoshi and Go are about to discover the secret of Fushigidane, Fushigisou and Fushigibana.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Animation Director 森口弘之 (Hiroyuki Moriguchi)
Animation Director 森悦史 (Etsuhito Mori)
Animation Director 松岡秀明 (Hideaki Matsuoka)
Animation Director 浅田真里 (Mari Asada)
December 8th: PM2019 004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibunny!
Satoshi and Go have heard there's a phenomenon in the Galar region that causes Pokémon to grow to gigantic sizes. The two of them immediately head there in order to investigate this phenomenon. When they arrive in Shoot City, Galar, they get thoroughly engrossed in the beautiful cityscape and the local specialty scones, but then they encounter a group of Pokémon they've never seen before that are playing pranks around the city.

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Episode Director 高木啓明 (Hiroaki Takagi)
Animation Director 高木麻穂 (Maho Takagi)
Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm that one title...

They wouldn't evolve Bulbasaur would they?

Especially as I believe the second part of that title is a Japanese pun on Bulbasaur name

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Those artworks are lovely, I hope they continue em. Absolutely shocked at the first 3 episodes before they go to Galar.
Pikachu Backstory, Lugia and a likely callback to Movie 2000, and then the Mysterious Garden. Those are some deep cuts when it comes to the Anime's history.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
More titles revealed.
PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

PM2019 008: Don't Give In, Pochama! An Ice Floe Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

PM2019 009: The Pledge We Made That Day! The Houou Legend of the Jouto Region!!
Interesting pokemon flying about 👀

More art their twitter

Last edited:
OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Episode 1095: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!
Episode 1097: Don't Give In, Piplup! An Ice Floe Race in the Sinnoh Region!!
Episode 1098: The Pledge We Made That Day! The Ho-Oh Legend of the Johto Region!!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Looks like they got various artists for the episode reveals. This last batch is looking Sugimori as fuck, or whoever is the artist does this style. I'll say it again, I hope this continues for the entire series its so damn good. Also loving how they are just jumping about the world, nothing is gonna be set in stone. They're also not slowing down with these deep cuts for the Anime's legacy, Ash finding Ho-Oh 9 episodes in and not using the AU version of the story is so damn good.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looks like they got various artists for the episode reveals. This last batch is looking Sugimori as fuck, or whoever is the artist does this style. I'll say it again, I hope this continues for the entire series its so damn good. Also loving how they are just jumping about the world, nothing is gonna be set in stone. They're also not slowing down with these deep cuts for the Anime's legacy, Ash finding Ho-Oh 9 episodes in and not using the AU version of the story is so damn good.
The art is by Hitoshi Ariga and Naoki Saito, two very prominent TCG artists

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This season seems to have so much fanservice and callbacks already that it makes me believe they're actually setting up ash to pass the torch. I would make sense, he's already a champion and now he can tie up a lot of loose ends and have rematches with a lot of his rivals.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This season seems to have so much fanservice and callbacks already that it makes me believe they're actually setting up ash to pass the torch. I would make sense, he's already a champion and now he can tie up a lot of loose ends and have rematches with a lot of his rivals.
The anime being a 3 or 4 year Victory Lap for Ash, closing loose ends, defeating his previous rivals before go becomrs the main protag is an awesome idea. I'm almost afraid it won't happen.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is that Ash's Bulbasaur evolving to Venusaur?

Also the only positive Pokemon thread lol

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think this would be quite so scattershot in travelling between regions- thought we'd be more likely to get mini-arcs rather than visiting four regions in the first 9 episodes (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Galar). Has me kinda worried that the whole thing will be scattershot and lacking in flow, to be honest, with none of the sense of place and development that Sun and Moon had.