• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Just like the title said I'm making a thread and we posting out favorite pieces in this bitch.

First I'm gonna throw out a shout out to this gem

Absolutely love this track and a great theme for Organization 13 to fight to in KH2.5. Really made the fight against Axel at the start of KH2 feel more frenetic hell think it made all the organization 13 fights feel more action packed and fast haha.

Next is actually the opening song to 2.8 Simple and Clean

I ain't gonna lie I just outright love the track lol. Don't know if it makes any sense but it gives me a tropical and watery vibe every time I listen to it.

Enough about me though post about what tracks you like! Oh and before I forget this thread will probably have tracks from KH3 in here. So if you scared about spoilers turn back.

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
I've only recently started the series and have only finished KH1.5 so far, but these are highlights:

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Nothing beats Roxas' theme
tumblr_m5czqqyxe51r426i4o1_500.gif

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017

Probably one of my favorite tracks in the entirety of gaming. Traverse is pretty good too.

And, a random bonus pick, https://youtu.be/k0K4GzAbqJ8
It's not spectacular but the first time i heard it I was surprised how much I liked it, especially for one of my least favorite gummi missions.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
I've always liked the lesser known/ less popular tracks because some of them feel like they came straight out of Super Mario RPG:

I also like it when Yoko Shimomura could easily make a song fit into Kingdom Hearts but it ends up in a completely different game:

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
The Silent Forest - BBS

The Secret Whispers (Darkness Mix) - 0.2

Neverland's Scherzo - BBS
Nev
Captain Hook's Pirate Ship - KH 1.5 Remix
er
Secret of Neverland - 358/2
land

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
I really did like 0.2's versions of the Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Dominion themes. Eerie, somber, dark, and 100% orchestrated. <3

Xion's theme is one of my top favourite themes, especially the version that appeared in "The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura". For ambiance and study periods, I've grown fond of "Cases of Foretellers". The song captures the ambiguity and intrigue of the Union politics so well.

I will take this time to plug Project Destati, a fan project that has released two albums of remixed KH themes. All the songs are recorded with a live string orchestra and professional soloists. Do check it out, they are quite faithful to the spirit of Yoko Shimomura's works. :)

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
The Hikari instrumental will always be one of the most richly uplifting, starry video game compositions on my personal history curriculum. It is also testament to just how irresistible Simple and Clean's hook is.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Passion is my favourite vocal track, followed by Hikari. I tend to prefer the Japanese versions but they're all great. Dearly Beloved (KH1, 2 & CoM) is also unforgettable.

Other faves:

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I have been on a KH binge since III came out, so far I've gone through 1, CoM, 2, and now almost done with 358/2 days.
My favourite battle theme is Sinister Sundown, I love the KH2 version but the 358/2 versions reminds me of the days of the DS, I really like that version:

Second favourite has to be Scherzo Di Notte from the first game, prefer it over the KH2 version, but I like that one too:

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game (yes, shame on me) but I LOVE the Timeless River aesthetic and music

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
I never see this song posted in these threads and I've loved it since I first heard.

The Battle theme for the Musketeers world in DDD: