• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What an awful person. I don't care if you hate "geeks" and think we're losers for liking sci-fi or video gaes but to single one dude out without regard to the possible consequences is just super shitty. Fuck her.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't wear cargo shorts but...

full
full
full

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
That video was tough to watch.

Doesn't excuse the shittiness of attempting to ruin someone's life. We all have wacky days and moments, not all of us are bastions of rationality and control every second of every day.

Speak for yourself! As a True Man I am Entirely Rational and only eat beef because that is Entirely Rational behaviour!

Etc etc. Stefan Molyneux retweeted this video with something about as asinine as that. Fucking idiots.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
What is wrong with these people? Why would you harass someone over a reaction video? If you find it cringey then close it and move on with your life. Fucking Alt-Right are miserable ugly assholes.

In regards to the cargo shorts discussion I normally don't care what people wear since everyone should feel comfortable in whatever they want however women constantly have fucking ridiculous expectations from men to look perfect so I will hold that standard to men. If women have to constantly feel pressured to look good then so should men.
I don't wear cargo shorts but...

full
full
full

He managed to look worse than Cargo shorts LMAO

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Speak for yourself! As a True Man I am Entirely Rational and only eat beef because that is Entirely Rational behaviour!

Etc etc. Stefan Molyneux retweeted this video with something about as asinine as that. Fucking idiots.

Molyneux tweeted something about man exploring and risk and I almost tweeted him he should go out exploring and die in the woods before I realized that I was on my work account
QkqAYyB.png

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside what a huge asshole Ashley is, it's weird to me that people defending Eric still go out of their way to label him cringey.

Man, I wish I could feel as excited about anything as Eric does about the new Star Wars movie.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Putting aside what a huge asshole Ashley is, it's weird to me that people defending Eric still go out of their way to label him cringey.

Man, I wish I could feel as excited about anything as Eric does about the new Star Wars movie.

It does make you wonder whatever happened to "Different strokes for different folks."

By going out of thier way to label him, or even slam him for his video, some in this thread are engaging in the exact same behaviour as the bullies.

Oct 25, 2017

It's this really backhanded way of showing support.

Basically going "yeah, I think what the harasser was thinking, but I wouldn't actually harass them for it"

I won't even lie, I find a reaction like that to anything as non-important as Star Wars to be a bit funny. At the same time though, just because I may not think I would ever react like that to a movie franchise or video game or anything of the likes, I would never make fun of dude for having a good time. That man enjoys the fuck out of his life, so much so that he was willing to cry and freak out on camera without worrying about the potential backlash. I know I would never have the balls to do what he did. People who are making fun of him are assholes and bullies.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017

It reminds me of when Roman Reigns took time away from WWE because he had leukemia and people were posting stuff in the news thread like "hate him as a wrestler, hope he gets well" or "never liked him, but sad he has cancer".
The dissonance is striking.

drog

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
pretty ironic that MANY people here have spent the last year+ shitting on "man-baby" Star Wars fans like this for a year+ now but now that it's the "alt-right" doing this it's deplorable bullying. ok.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
pretty ironic that MANY people here have spent the last year+ shitting on "man-baby" Star Wars fans like this for a year+ now but now that it's the "alt-right" doing this it's deplorable bullying. ok.

?

Huh?

The man baby "fans" that were being shit on in the past year+ are basically the alt rights fucks being shit on now

No one was calling people who actually like and are excited for Star Wars man babies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
?

Huh?

The man baby "fans" that were being shit on in the past year+ are basically the alt rights fucks being shit on now

No one was calling people who actually like and are excited for Star Wars man babies.
Yeah the only Star Wars "fans" being shit on were the alt-right losers who complain about Rose and Holdo's hair.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

Criticizing misogynist and racist Star Wars fans while keeping the discourse in this forum = harassing normal Star Wars fans by messaging them directly.

You can do better than that.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Man, watching that video in the OP. I'd love to be able to get that excited about anything. I'm so much more muted, and less expressive.

Sometimes I think I feel it internally though. I got a bit emotional about the Crash Bandicoot remastered reveal.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The reaction video of the guy is super cringey but I don't get why the alt-right of all people harass him for it?
well to be fair, she doesn't mention anything politically related in her specific linked tweet on that Star Wars reaction

she's talking about undateable men in general. oh and hating on cargo shorts

something looks weird with her nose

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I honestly wish I could have that same amount of passion for something
Me too. Watching his reaction was a mix of discomfort and at the same time feeling the emotional intensity of his genuine excitement. I clearly have my own prejudices to examine, as I felt similar discomfort when seeing similarly emotional reactions to the FFVII Remake announcement.

Fuck bullies. Fuck using someone's passion to humiliate them.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I haven't had that kind of reaction to anything since the E3 2004 Zelda trailer. I feel sad now.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do attractive alt-right women seem to value themselves by who they wouldn't date? seems like a completely bizarre way to evaluate your self worth.

It's a way for these high level superficial human beings to keep their heads above the reality waters of aging and losing their prime, sell-by dates. Because one of the most valuable things for them and what they cherish most is how good looking they are. Commenting on how they wouldn't date X random dude on the internet and getting likes and retweets for their attention-hungry hot takes helps them coping with that I guess, as horrible as this sounds.

These alt-right women are the definition of superficial and rotten inside and feed upon misogynistic remarks from soulless douchebags praising their asses at clubs.

Getting older will be their hardest challenge, imagine that. Their carefully chosen husbands will eventually show their true colors by going to different beds at that point will be an alarming, yet too late, wake-up call.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Sad that people try to suck the joy out of everything these days, to try and make their sad life seem better.

Jokes on them though, they still suck and this guy got a Tweet from Luke Skywalker himself.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
Reaction is fine and even if it could be over the top for a video, I see it as genuine.
I have a friend who is super excited about Star Wars or Marvel movies and has almost a similar reaction as this guy. Without a camera pointing at him.
And I am the total opposite to him. Usually pretty emotionless, except for really fucking sad stories. ;(

Everyone reacts different, I think that's also why reaction videos are popular in general. Seeing other peoples emotion and maybe connecting to them seems to hit a spot for some.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Has the guy responded to the backlash/support from Hamill himself?

I don't react quite as strongly as this guy but I get teary eyed/cry constantly. I'm an emotional person with a big heart, I'm an empath, a dreamer, and an artist, and I absolutely love/get inspired by high quality music, movies, videogames, you name it. I've mentioned this before in other threads.

There is nothing wrong with being passionate/emotional when it comes to art.

People have different reasons for reacting emotionally to things. You don't know my life, you don't know his life. To be a dickhead and judge the way he reacted is supremely shitty.

This teaser gets me teary eyed every single time I watch it. Same with other Star Wars trailers, BOTW trailers, etc, etc, etc.

Is there "something wrong" with me? I mean yeah, probably. But there's something wrong with everyone.

Last edited: