• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Gendered Insults

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Official Staff Communication
After reviewing this thread we have lifted a ban and would like to make something clear: We understand that the connotations of the "c word" can vary wildly by country, but there are plenty of other words you can use to describe terrible people. It is never okay to use it specifically as a gendered insult, no matter who the target is. In general we ask that you use different language and be considerate of those who live in places where it's highly offensive to refer to women in such a way.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Don't care for cargo shorts, but whatever makes people happy. Speaking of happy, that man's joy was awesome, especially in the age of the reaction video that is typically overreacted for clicks. Fuck the alt right and their desire to make everybody else as miserable as them.

Now that that's all said. Dayum! I hope somebody can love me the way that dude loves Star Wars.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get what's bad about the reaction video, seen far worse. Guy looks at least genuine and seeing him get so passionate is sweet. Once again, the altright prove they're nothing but miserable, worthless bullies.

Also I'll wear cargo shorts whenever I want to, fuck you and your fashion.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The video is cringy and his reaction is staged as shit, but that's no reason to ridicule him in public. He's doing no harm.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Handwaving harassment
"Hey, I made an reaction video but PLEASE don't react to it. Thanks."

Yeah?

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey, I made an reaction video but PLEASE don't react to it. Thanks."

Yeah?

this-aint-it-chief-36335106.png

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
GOOD. FUCK THE PIECE OF SHIT WHO MADE FUN OF THIS GUY.

I commented on that prick's video and told him the fuck off for being the piece of garbage he is.

I didn't even have any idea he was some alt-right asshole when I saw/commented either.

Edit: Ah I thought it was one guy who made a video being a douche, didn't realize this was a big thing.

Makes me sick that people would bully this guy.
I'm so happy Mark Hamill voiced his support.

Last edited:

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I don't know why it's so hard for some people to just not be complete assholes.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Conservatives just seem like the most miserable sacks of shit.

"Wow he is excited and passionate for something, what a beta male cuck soyboy"

He's not passionate about oh so macho shit like walking into a McDonalds with an AR15 slung over your shoulder, as if Ronald McDonald is suddenly going to spring out of the restroom firing like Rambo

Nov 18, 2017
Wow, this thread got heated.

So... AshleyStClair is not a nice person, and I disagree with her political views, but her initial comment actually wasn't offensive or abusive.
She's entitled to consider fans of superhero / SW movies who react like that 'undateable'. If she's using Twitter disingenuously to get alt-righters to dogpile the guy, then fuck her, obviously.

The reaction video itself is a little OTT and I can't relate. Barring the fact his reactions may not have been entirely "honest and off the cuff", if my partner reacted like that to any form of media, I'd find it a little disconcerting and emotionally unbalanced. That doesn't mean he deserves ridicule, and I'm glad people have rallied to support him, but I don't think anyone involved comes out of this looking good. Except Mark Hamill, I guess.

Corey Barlog saying he'd date the guy comes off as patronising to me.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
These weirdos have been obsessed with The Last Jedi for so long that seeing someone who likes Star Wars fills them with rage and disgust. I'm glad Mark Hamill stuck up for him

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I turned 36 this week and my faith and dedication to cargo shorts has never been stronger.

Reaction videos are pretty lame but this dude deserved none of the vitriol that was directed his way. The alt-right shitheels continue to fucking suck at life.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
You can have all sorts of reactions to videos like this (or the very concept of them). Doesn't mean you need to target and be an ass hole about it.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Casual glance at her feed seems to show the only things she thinks she has going for her is her trump affixation and her looks, literally bargain bucket basic.. No wonder she needs to be an edgelord to get people to pay attention. I actually feel sorry for her to have such a lousy personality lmao.

Oct 28, 2017
This is the smelliest of horseshit. I'm going to Old Navy and buy 5 pair of cargos and a bunch of Star Wars tees and I'd make a reaction video and if I didn't already have a hot wife id go on a 5 dates in the aforementioned cargo shorts.

Nov 18, 2017
God forbid people find something to enjoy in this world.

There's enjoying something, and then there's breaking down in floods of tears at the slightest innocuous detail. You release a reaction video, you're competing for views with other content creators, which prompts more extreme reactions. The relation between any 'reaction video' and marketing for the either the creator or product makes me cautious to characterise this situation purely as an overenthusiastic fan being bullied online.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's enjoying something, and then there's breaking down in floods of tears at the slightest innocuous detail. You release a reaction video, you're competing for views with other content creators, which prompts more extreme reactions. The relation between any 'reaction video' and marketing for the either the creator or product makes me cautious to characterise this situation purely as an overenthusiastic fan being bullied online.
I don't really have an opinion on his reaction, didn't care for reaction videos even when they were the thing, but people used him as a launching pad for their spiteful hot takes. Which seems a bit much.

Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing feels so disingenuous to me. Like people are defending it just to stick it to the alt-right, but on any normal day some of those same people would have been talking about how cringy it is. Not about how it keeps them going and puts wind beneath their wings or whatever.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
If anybody filmed my reactions to any of the Endgame trailers I'd be in legitimate trouble.

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome
Our enjoyment of media is subjective and the amount of people commenting on how "staged" this reaction is without any actual proof is kind of concerning.

Yes, people can react with screams and tears to the smallest detail, especially if they're a passionate fan. I'm 31 and when the last BOTW trailer was shown in January 2017 I screamed, I jumped and, yes, I cried. Should I feel ashamed about that ? Cringey even ? Maybe let's stop judging how people reacts to things, saying it's "cringey" and shit like that. This is exactly why people can't feel like they can express themselves freely. It's not hurting anyone, they're having powerful emotions about something they care about in the most positive way possible. Why attempt to cut that down just because you wouldn't react like that ?

You may be dunking on people who do stage their reactions, as that can totally be a thing, but I feel like there's a serious disbelief and will to subtly shame anyone who's willing to cry over a passion, for reasons I still can't comprehend.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I like Star Wars, and I also like wearing cargo shorts, and I really couldn't give less of a shit what some snobby alt right bitch on Twitter thinks about it and neither should the dude in the video

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Legit beginning to find people who get a ridicule boner whenever someone does something earnest more cringey than people who do traditionally cringey stuff.

Oct 31, 2017
Only because disney give him a cheque everyday for him to pretend to be cool.
Also why the fuck is this thread mostly about cargo shorts ffs.

I was referring to the fact that in his non Star Wars life he seems to have his head screwed on right. I don't understand what you mean? Disney is paying him to be a decent human being online?

Nov 18, 2017
Our enjoyment of media is subjective and the amount of people commenting on how "staged" this reaction is without any actual proof is kind of concerning.

Yes, people can react with screams and tears to the smallest detail, especially if they're a passionate fan. I'm 31 and when the last BOTW trailer was shown in January 2017 I screamed, I jumped and, yes, I cried. Should I feel ashamed about that ? Cringey even ?

Self-awareness and maturity allows one to feel emotion without displaying it in a way that makes other people uncomfortable or appears disproportionate, out of context and unhinged. If the guy reacts like that to a teaser trailer... how can he escalate for the full film... or the birth if his first child. Is there some displacement going on, a personal trauma which is feeding this reaction?

Maybe let's stop judging how people reacts to things, saying it's "cringey" and shit like that. This is exactly why people can't feel like they can express themselves freely.

We stop children from expressing themselves freely because that type of behaviour is often antisocial - or rather we learn to control how we express ourselves to as not how to behave anti-socially. It isn't repressing anyone to say - maybe you shouldn't record yourself having a total breakdown over a 30 second movie clip (of which very little was actually shown). I'm not saying that to be a dick, but this isn't a healthy response.

You may be dunking on people who do stage their reactions, as that can totally be a thing, but I feel like there's a serious disbelief and will to subtly shame anyone who's willing to cry over a passion, for reasons I still can't comprehend.

I suspect there's a psychological or comprehension problems if you're regularly crying over reveal trailers.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018
This whole thing feels so disingenuous to me. Like people are defending it just to stick it to the alt-right, but on any normal day some of those same people would have been talking about how cringy it is. Not about how it keeps them going and puts wind beneath their wings or whatever.

I mean there's acknowledging that it's cringe and then there's just shitting on his whole life.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I bet Im gonna cry my eyes out many times during Endgame.

So anyone who has problems with men having an emotional reaction to something gotta take some time to reflect on themself.

And fuck anyone harassing, attacking or having any problems with the dude in the video.
As ive gotten older, I've found i cry more at movies than i ever did when i was younger. i'm going to be a blubbering mess during Endgame.