• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Some people react to things differently to others, it's a shame people can't get over that. Is it sometimes uncomfortable or exaggerated? Of course, but there's no need to rag on their entire character for it. God knows this forum freaks the fuck out at e3's and other gaming events. Sometimes it's just fun and human to play into your emotions.

Also, yeaaah don't harass other people. Even if she may have gone on the offensive first (you talk shit, you get shit talked, period), the death threats and family harassment is too much. As emotional as some people can be for these things, nothing warrants THAT kind of hatred. I don't think she's gonna get a warm reception from the alt right either now that she threw video games under the bus.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
My problem with reaction videos is that most of them seem like an attempt at going viral. I don't care if someone gets emotional over something they love, but the cynic in me is always going to assume it's for their moment of fame. I believe the guy is a genuine fan, but it also seems like he's putting it on a bit. I mean he's in tears on the first frame.

I see no issue with criticizing the reaction video. That's kind of the risk when you put anything online. But there's no reason for harassment or belittling someone.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these bullies. They can go to hell and stay there. There is a societal pressure that people should not show how passionate they are for the things they love for fear of being judged, and this just perpetuates that toxic bullshit. I tear up enjoying things I love all the time. Power to this guy.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
His reaction to the trailer was great. I wish most internet Star Wars fans had his passion. Mark stay winning.

Also Cargo shorts are awesome. I may just go buy a pair right now.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
What's wrong with cargo shorts?

giphy.gif

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
my dude you put the wallet in the back pocket it isn't uncomfortable
Is your wallet completely empty so that it conforms perfectly to your butt when you sit on it? Or if your butt just a mooshy wad that your wallet sinks into and not a toned bun of steel like mine?

In all seriousness I have never found it comfortable to keep my wallet in my back pocket, no matter what kind of pant/short I was wearing or how soft of firm my butt was. I used to wear jeans all the time so I had to stick my wallet in my back pocket and I hated it.

You can't tell because the video is cropped but he's actually wearing cargo shorts there

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's just super passionate about Star Wars. Video was a little cringey, but calling him undateable? Fucking bullies. Their insecurities are showing.
Salt right. How I never thought of that?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've been this guy hundreds of times in my life and never once felt ashamed for it. No alt-right shit heel will ever make me feel guilty for enjoying things, hopefully this guy was able to have the same sensibility.

Also, cargo shorts work during the summer, fuck that.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I'm counting the days like a little kid until I can finally see Endgame myself but I don't rewatch and drool over the trailer countless times because it's just not a good trailer, just like with Star Wars.
Come on, why be such a party pooper?

MCU is bigger these days in overall viewership but in terms of a devoted fanbase that treats the the franchise with the same emotional attachment and personal connection...nothing is even in the same universe as Star Wars. People treat it with more reverence than many treat their own religious beliefs. There is no other fanbase on the planet even comparable in terms of obsessive passion. It is why there is so many intense arguments about it endlessly.

So yeah, some people are going to get really emotional over a teaser for it. What is the problem? Why the need for the high horse?

There is a lot of shitty things in the world today, let people like this guy have their love for Star Wars.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The lack of awareness of how mean-spirited it is to put an example of unbridled joy on display as a sign of unworthiness is so ridiculous that it actually makes me feel both deeply disappointed in the person who's doing it in a way that actually kinda emotionally hurts, but then also makes me think that the disconnect they have from joy must also be profoundly pitiful.

Death threats aren't cool. They never will be cool.

But, one might say that you reap what you sow. What's been sown is an unreasonably mean-spirited way of expressing your dislike of something; what's been reaped is an unreasonably mean-spirited response.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hating on cargo shorts is like a meme now. Everyone seems to hate them because someone said they weren't fashionable one day and the fashion sheep followed

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That reaction video was adorable. Why do people have to be such assholes about the most harmless, inoffensive shit... bunch of cynical douchebags

Hating on cargo shorts is like a meme now. Everyone seems to hate them because someone said they weren't fashionable one day and the fashion sheep followed

Cargo shorts are the Hawaiian pizza of clothing

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
"This man is literally undateable".
In the video he literally talks about how he is on vacation with his WIFE.

It really is just all a fucking cesspit of pathetic hate and lies.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
cargo shorts are great for my work. i'm working towards becoming an electrician apprentice and my job currently (electrical helper) is to stuff as much shit into my pockets and be as useful as I can while workin outside in hot ass south florida. i'll never give em up >:(

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I really hate this. There are like 3 words I'll never say in any context, and just reading it makes me feel complicit.
I don't like it either, I don't think men should be using that word directed at women ever really, not in American culture anyways where it's kind of dehumanizing and it's always going to have that connotation when coming out of a guy's mouth directed at a woman, but at the same time I feel like there's a time and a place to have that conversation, and it isn't necessarily when a woman has said something heinous and emotions are high, you know? I get people aren't going to want to hear that in this instance and I don't want to seem like I'm taking a stand with her in any way even if I do generally think it perpetuates misogyny for men to refer to women that way.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's crazy to me that people who dislike "nerd" culture still exists. When all of that stuff is pretty much part of popular culture now and isn't a rarity. Good on everyone coming to the support of that dude. He shouldn't get all that unwarranted harassment for liking Star Wars. Wtf is wrong with people?

Apr 21, 2018
Is it just me or did this entire reaction video thing turn positive really fast? I see a lot more nice comments on twitter about it now than rude ones (other than Ashley StClair), so I guess this is finally a win for the good team!

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me that people who dislike "nerd" culture still exists. When all of that stuff is pretty much part of popular culture now and isn't a rarity. Good on everyone coming to the support of that dude. He shouldn't get all that unwarranted harassment for liking Star Wars. Wtf is wrong with people?

They don't dislike the culture, they just think they're the only ones who deserve it.

Gamonbozia

Feb 25, 2019
Good on Mark Hamill for showing his support here. The fan is obviously really excited and genuinely cares about the movie. I think he is a pretty awesome guy, I dont understand why anyone would bully him over it. Props to Mark Hamill though, he is really cool for doing this.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
JJ and the crew should invite this guy to the premiere.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Everyone should be more like this guy xD
(The entire thread is incredible)

Last edited: