• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Golddiger?

• Yes

Votes: 1,070 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 1.0%
  • Opportunist

Votes: 176 12.4%
  • Who cares, enjoy...

Votes: 164 11.5%

• Total voters

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
One thing I've always wondered about people like OP is if he's so wealthy (I'm not saying you're lying) why is it so important that the people you relate to should be wealthy as well. When is it time to start appreciating people for what they are and not for what they have if money is not a problem to you as you numerous times have clarified during this thread.

One cannot feel that they had enough money. That is the thing.

There is no point in life when you say "oh, I have enough money now. I can focus on other things." The more money you have, the more attracted to money you are.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is like the dictionary definition of a golddigger, yes. But it also seems like he knows what he's doing. Maybe this is just an "arrangement" that both of you can live with.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
32194.jpg
So much money, but still not enough for a shirt.

Now everyone on Era thinks you are a gold digger and narcissist.
Thumbs up!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Jeez. People sure are mad. I think this guy is pursuing you, likely understanding that you weren't initially interested and wants to win you over. I think going too far with this, considering you don't have feelings for him, wouldn't be right. Accepting gifts doesn't seem so wrong to me, if he's so wealthy, as long as you're honest about where your feelings are at. I think moving in would be a bit much, but it's your life, ultimately. I hope nobody gets hurt.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I know OP said he knows he's not perfect but it's almost like he's actively trying to look as worst as he can. Is it like a challenge or

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I mean it all comes down to individual understanding of what a golddigger is. To me, it's somebody that looks for wealthy people to date and provide them with gifts and status and that's all the care about and the purpose for dating. You were an opportunist. It's a subtle difference and the end result is pretty much the same, but if you weren't setting out to find a rich guy and you don't try to do it when your current relationship presumably ends then I think it's unfair to label you as such.

Some people use gifts, wealth and status as a form of communication and how they build relationships. If I were you, I personally wouldn't want to lead somebody like that on, or at the very least the relationship would have to be at least reasonably bearable outside of the gifts or else it wouldn't be worth it.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Ever since this thread i've realized i have like 3 friends i follow on IG marrying old ass men for money

Currently have a girl friend who moved in with an old guy. He takes her on trips, buys her items, and she has a roof over her head(sleeps in a different room).

Like the OP, she's slowly falling for him.

Comfort and stability goes a long ways. My tips for her was to save as much money as she can and go for hobbies that you've always wanted to fulfill