• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

So, am I?

• Yes

Votes: 94 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 994 80.1%
  • Maybe a bit

Votes: 153 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the lot is still abandoned, and the wienerschnitzel next to it isn't finished being built yet
its already built. i've gone there twice. the lot next to it is still not rented out and used to be a shoe store. the shoe store moved across the street. century is currently going through major renovations so that might explain any fenced off area people might have seen.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it doesnt matter, im just interested in the weinerschnizel that popped up next to it

tenor.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Starbucks?! No, let's meet in this walled parking lot by this abandoned building!

Screw that guy, OP, even if he is legit.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Why are you even so defensive about that place? So some people think it's sketchy, what's the big deal?
Not defensive, just calling it like it is. You got people claiming this area is dangerous and acting scared and saying they'd get murdered and rappers said it's dangerous when they've never been and you have people who have literally lived there and/or work there or been there saying that it's not true. It's just some bullshit people are on and then they get mad when they're called out.
In that we agree. You've been spouting the same nonsense since the start. Do go on though.
Oh this is too cute, you're doing the thing where you ignore everything that was explained to you and elaborated on and then try to act like it's someone else that's spouting nonsense, adorable, please continue.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
If I was selling anything to anyone and the streetview for the address I was given came up as closed building, even if next to other open buildings I'd probably just suggest a nearby but different choice, like you did. That's not racist.

Also this thread has been quite entertaining.

Oh this is too cute, you're doing the thing where you ignore everything that was explained to you and elaborated on and then try to act like it's someone else that's spouting nonsense, adorable, please continue.

I really hope you are a troll.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
If I was selling anything to anyone and the streetview for the address I was given came up as closed building, even if next to other open buildings I'd probably just suggest a nearby but different choice, like you did. That's not racist.

Also this thread has been quite entertaining.

I really hope you are a troll.
Lmao troll because I know what i'm talking about but those making claims about places they've never been arent. Adorable. typical era, what else ya got?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
When I sell I always pick the location, typically areas that are populated with the public and on camera. Seller always sets the price, terms and conditions.
I typically avoid buyers who clearly didn't read the ad or think they deserve a deep discount and preferential treatment. You came to me, I didn't come to you in desperation so don't expect anything but what's listed.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Lmao troll because I know what i'm talking about but those making claims about places they've never been arent. Adorable. typical era, what else ya got?

Perfect example, I said "I really hope you are a troll". A rational response would be something along the lines of "No I'm being 100% honest with my opinion of all my posts in this thread. Not a troll at all". Instead you seemingly jump the gun. Start going off about Warzones/Adorableness/Sketchy/Codes etc etc.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Perfect example, I said "I really hope you are a troll". A rational response would be something along the lines of "No I'm being 100% honest with my opinion of all my posts in this thread. Not a troll at all". Instead you seemingly jump the gun. Start going off about Warzones/Adorableness/Sketchy/Codes etc etc.
I mean anyone that can comprehend simple text would know that there is no trolling, but go off though. Funny you point this out but not all the other posts saying dumb shit, hmmmm.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Sounds like you're just being extra careful but you're crazy doing a Meetup anywhere other than at a police station for a high ticket item.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I mean anyone that can comprehend simple text would know that there is no trolling, but go off though. Funny you point this out but not all the other posts saying dumb shit, hmmmm.

Thank you for belittling me when I have done none of the same. Also I genuinely don't understand what you mean by the second sentence. So since I have nothing of relevance to say to you or about this thread, I'm out.

Guess I don't comprehend simple texts after all :P

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
This post is too self-aware. It might be the first piece of text to become sentient.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Thank you for belittling me when I have done none of the same. Also I genuinely don't understand what you mean by the second sentence. So since I have nothing of relevance to say to you or about this thread, I'm out.

Guess I don't comprehend simple texts after all :P
Come on, let's not act all naive. No one busts out "troll" just out of curiosity. And the second part was that you decided to use that in regards to one of my post vs one of the ones from those making baseless claims about places they've never been.
This post is too self-aware. It might be the first piece of text to become sentient.
*yawn* When you have something relevant to add then you can come back, until then keep the borderline logical fallacies out please, thanks!

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Come on, let's not act all naive. No one busts out "troll" just out of curiosity. And the second part was that you decided to use that in regards to one of my post vs one of the ones from those making baseless claims about places they've never been.

*yawn* When you have something relevant to add then you can come back, until then keep the borderline logical fallacies out please, thanks!

Tell me SaraNWrap, would you have been comfortable with meeting a stranger at that location to sell them a MacBook Pro? Because other Inglewood posters seem to think the area is shady and wouldn't do that sort of business there. You're literally the only one kicking up a stink about people thinking that particular area is "sketchy", which suggests to me that perhaps you don't know the area as well as you think you do.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Tell me SaraNWrap, would you have been comfortable with meeting a stranger at that location to sell them a MacBook Pro? Because other Inglewood posters seem to think the area is shady and wouldn't do that sort of business there. You're literally the only one kicking up a stink about people thinking that particular area is "sketchy", which suggests to me that perhaps you don't know the area as well as you think you do.
Bruh there are several people in here who said the area isn't as bad or dangerous or sketchy as some are portraying it to be. It's truly not that hard, you have some people saying they've heard it's so dangerous, that they don't wanna get murdered, that rappers say it's bad, etc, it aint. So stop the bullshit.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
Hey I get what you're trying to say but I think you just misunderstood all the comments about Inglewood being sketchy. They are saying that the exact location is sketchy (the closed business and parking lot) and not Inglewood. Remember, OP was fine meeting up across the street where there is a Starbucks.

I mean think about it, where would you feel safe selling a Macbook - a closed building and parking lot with no people or a Starbucks that are both in the same area?

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Hey I get what you're trying to say but I think you just misunderstood all the comments about Inglewood being sketchy. They are saying that the exact location is sketchy (the closed business and parking lot) and not Inglewood. Remember, OP was fine meeting up across the street where there is a Starbucks.

I mean think about it, where would you feel safe selling a Macbook - a closed building and parking lot with no people or a Starbucks that are both in the same area?
I'm not a good person to ask that because I know that area like the back of my hand so it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I can see how it would be to others but again it's not as bad of an area as people are portraying here. Further, put this exact looking place somewhere in Beverly Hills, is this topic made? I'm in Orange County and can a similar "closed down" store front in a few minutes in the Lagunas, Newport, Costa Mesa, or Rancho, as I'm sure everyone else could.

Oct 28, 2017
Man the fact that the buyer got pissed because you changed the location to a Starbucks that's right down the street is shady as fuck tbh

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no you are not being racist. I'd love to know how the 80 people who voted yes have reached that conclusion. The fact the buyer has gotten so upset at you asking to move a couple of mins away would make me nope the fuck out tbh.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of whether or not a place looks sketchy, if someone tries to change the location and calls you racist for not wanting to meet there, then you probably dodged a bullet.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I'm not a good person to ask that because I know that area like the back of my hand so it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I can see how it would be to others but again it's not as bad of an area as people are portraying here. Further, put this exact looking place somewhere in Beverly Hills, is this topic made? I'm in Orange County and can a similar "closed down" store front in a few minutes in the Lagunas, Newport, Costa Mesa, or Rancho, as I'm sure everyone else could.

His question said nothing about location, he gave you two choices, you didn't answer. Instead you went off on a tangent about you being not a good person to ask.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
its a sketchy area even though you live there. i live in surrey bc and i wouldn't consider it sketchy because i live there so i am used to and the homeless don't bother me. i still wouldn't go and sell my macbook behind the churches on king george. why? because even though starbucks is 2 blocks away i know deep down its not as safe as i claim it to be

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017

I mean... Yes? Like, really? Someone wanting to meet you in a less trafficked area is pretty sketchy regardless of what city you live in.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

I was born and raised in Orange County and I wouldn't agree to meet someone with a Macbook or a wad of cash at the hypothetical places in Laguna Beach and Newport that you're talking about, either.

You're being incredibly defensive of Inglewood and are talking about Orange County, as if people would meet a stranger with a wad of hundreds in a back alley in Anaheim just because it's Orange County or something. Nobody would do that.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
His question said nothing about location, he gave you two choices, you didn't answer. Instead you went off on a tangent about you being not a good person to ask.
Nah fuck that, I did answer, a few times. I didn't go off on a tangent, I replied to the responses people had in regards to the location, read.
its a sketchy area even though you live there. i live in surrey bc and i wouldn't consider it sketchy because i live there so i am used to and the homeless don't bother me. i still wouldn't go and sell my macbook behind the churches on king george. why? because even though starbucks is 2 blocks away i know deep down its not as safe as i claim it to be
The area aint as sketchy as people are portraying it, drop this exact spot in Beverly Hills and is this topic made? Nah.
I mean... Yes? Like, really? Someone wanting to meet you in a less trafficked area is pretty sketchy regardless of what city you live in.
So then this city wouldn't be any less sketchy then, no? Like I said, this topic isn't made if this empty store front is in Beverly Hills or Orange County or Brentwood, not a chance and you know it.
I was born and raised in Orange County and I wouldn't agree to meet someone with a Macbook or a wad of cash at the hypothetical places in Laguna Beach and Newport that you're talking about, either.

You're being incredibly defensive of Inglewood and are talking about Orange County, as if people would meet a stranger with a wad of hundreds in a back alley in Anaheim just because it's Orange County or something. Nobody would do that.
That's kinda the point, this could be anywhere. The area OP is talking about and that people in this topic are saying is dangerous and they don't want to get murdered and they heard rappers say is bad is no different than anywhere else. Again, put this "abandoned storefront" in any of the cities mentioned and does this topic get made? Does it elicit the same responses of getting murdered and the like? No, no it doesnt.

Last edited:

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
There's a difference between racism and street smarts. I used to work in some of the roughest areas of Baltimore, if you weren't smart, you may not live to even ask a question like this.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
The area aint as sketchy as people are portraying it, drop this exact spot in Beverly Hills and is this topic made? Nah.

So then this city wouldn't be any less sketchy then, no? Like I said, this topic isn't made if this empty store front is in Beverly Hills or Orange County or Brentwood, not a chance and you know it.

This topic is about the buyer calling the OP a racist for not wanting to meet there. That wouldn't apply in Laguna Niguel or Pacific Palisades, so there's no way this topic could exist in that case.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
"aint as sketchy as people are portraying it"

so it is sketchy. you're just used to the sketch. i am too with where i live. i aint gonna fault people for saying it is. you shouldn't either.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
"aint as sketchy as people are portraying it"

so it is sketchy. you're just used to the sketch. i am too with where i live. i aint gonna fault people for saying it is. you shouldn't either.
Bruh every city has what the OP says and no one is making comments like theyre gonna get murdered, they heard its dangerous, rapeprs say its dangerous so im not going to go there etc. It's not happening.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Nah fuck that, I did answer, a few times. I didn't go off on a tangent, I replied to the responses people had in regards to the location, read.

Regardless of the city - be it Inglewood or Beverly Hills - someone changing the meetup spot to somewhere with significantly less (or zero) other people and no security cameras is sketchy. Ask OP if they'd have made the thread if it were in Beverly Hills, not me.

I don't care if I live in a city where the crime rate is zero percent - if someone wants me to meet them in a place with no witnesses or cameras and then gets defensive when I say no, fuck that.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Regardless of the city - be it Inglewood or Beverly Hills - someone changing the meetup spot to somewhere with significantly less (or zero) other people and no security cameras is sketchy. Ask OP if they'd have made the thread if it were in Beverly Hills, not me.

I don't care if I live in a city where the crime rate is zero percent - if someone wants me to meet them in a place with no witnesses or cameras and then gets defensive when I say no, fuck that.
That's cool, I'm responding to the people talking shit about a city they know nothing about.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, I'm responding to the people talking shit about a city they know nothing about.
OP was talking about the Google streetview that showed a parking lot in front of two abandoned businesses.

That's it. You're acting like this whole thread was people flipping out about Inglewood because of its reputation from 2pac music. That's not what happened. You're making shit up to get mad about.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
OP was talking about the Google streetview that showed a parking lot in front of two abandoned businesses.

That's it. You're acting like this whole thread was people flipping out about Inglewood because of its reputation from 2pac music. That's not what happened. You're making shit up to get mad about.
Are you completely ignoring others comments? Aint no one flipping out or getting mad about shit, quit the hyperbole bullshit, i'm just dropping facts on the ignorant shit people have been spouting, it's not at all hard to comprehend, nice try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.