• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

So, am I?

• Yes

Votes: 94 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 994 80.1%
  • Maybe a bit

Votes: 153 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Yay, I was waiting for this!! Yep, lower than Cleveland, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, and many other cities, so in comparison it does seem safe, I am glad you brought this to everyones attention! Again, just because you are scared doesn't mean a place is unsafe, you can just not go there if you can't handle it. Seems safe enough, there's place worse and places better it looks like, huh, almost like you could go back and forth forever on your useless point, where's the line between safe and dangerous huh? And why didn't you ask the people who've never been to prove that it's sooooo dangerous? Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for playing!

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
No man. I grew up in shitty neighborhoods. I nor none of my friends would do business like this in them. It wouldn't matter if the buyer was a blonde haired blue eyed girl. Meet me somewhere safe or not at all.
Hmmm, I am pretty sure I get what you're saying but you know the whole neighborhood isn't like the old streetview picture in the OP right? So do you mean you wouldn't do business at an "abandoned" storefront in ANY city right, because there are places like in the picture in almost every city.

Last edited:

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last time I sold an iPad on Facebook I did it at a McDonald's where I live, if I'm selling I decide where the exchange happens.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yay, I was waiting for this!! Yep, lower than Cleveland, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, and many other cities, so in comparison it does seem safe, I am glad you brought this to everyones attention! Again, just because you are scared doesn't mean a place is unsafe, you can just not go there if you can't handle it. Seems safe enough, there's place worse and places better it looks like, huh, almost like you could go back and forth forever on your useless point, where's the line between safe and dangerous huh? And why didn't you ask the people who've never been to prove that it's sooooo dangerous? Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for playing!
it's safer than 15% of the country. so yeah many is correct because 15% of areas is considered a high number thus a lot.

you are downplaying the problems facing the area.

"can't handle it" so i was correct that your perception of the area is biased because you live there.

i dont think anyone can convince you of anything. you seem adament this place is safe without any kind of data. you dont seem to want to discuss this outside of that. for that reason your argument isnt good thus not effective at convincing or seeming real. youre welcome to keep trying to convince but i doubt anyone will listen since you dont wish to discuss stats.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Someone found my iPhone and wanted to do an exchange in the middle of a field across his house in the South Side of Chicago.

I got a cab, took off and told them the location and the situation $200 exchange for an iPhone, keep the cab running.

Cab driver asked me if I'm the dumbest man alive, turned around and dropped me off at work and told me to just use insurance. Didn't even charge me for the trip.

I think about him fondly and that sage advice. You're good, OP.

Aya

Bruh, no, cut this bullshit out. These people saying oh its so dangerous, I don't wanna get murdered, I heard rappers say its bad, that's all some bullshit, it's no different than any other "sketch" part, don't try to spin that as me saying they are entitled to say dumb shit like that, FOH.

There's a difference between not feeling safe because you have experience ther and passing judgement on a place you've never been and only know of it from TV or music, don't gimme this naive BS.

Well yeah, definitely personal. Great debate "I live there, it's not as bad as everybody else is saying and it's safer than a couple other unsafe places in the States so yeah you're all wrong and it's a great place to sell whatever as an outsider".

OP - seller gets to choose, even if that guy was for real which doesn't really feel that way, you not wanting to go in a place that you consider unsafe is totally alright and *personally* I don't see how that alone would make you a racist

LE. forgot to quote

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hmmm, I am pretty sure I get what you're saying but you know the whole neighborhood isn't like the old streetview picture in the OP right? So do you mean you wouldn't do business at an "abandoned" storefront in ANY city right, because there are places like in the picture in almost every city.

I wouldn't meet anyone over the internet in a run down area, no. Fuck no.

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH
I don't think so no OP. I always try to meet someone in a well populated area with lots of Cameras or people. For instance a big gas station parking lot.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
No, you're not racist.

I would never agree to meet anywhere but a police station or some other secure location.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
No way I would never meet up in a sketchy area, Craigslist 101 (or any online trade market) is to meet up in a public place so people could
tenor.gif

Besides I remember Dre saying

"Inglewood....Inglewood always up to no good"

erpg

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Lol, damn man. I can't believe you're clinging to that 15% stat.

Flip that statistic around: it's less safe than 85% of U.S. cities.

Nov 9, 2017
Never stayed in Inglewood, but I did stay in the Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey area and thought there were some pretty darn sketchy areas I would definitely feel apprehensive about going to.

Lots of people recommended LA to me, but I thought the place sucked. It was dirty and there was way too much traffic. Never going back. San Diego on the other hand is amazing!

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never stayed in Inglewood, but I did stay in the Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey area and thought there were some pretty darn sketchy areas I would definitely feel apprehensive about going to.

Lots of people recommended LA to me, but I thought the place sucked. It was dirty and there was way too much traffic. Never going back. San Diego on the other hand is amazing!

Yeah, I hated LA as well. San Francisco and San Diego were really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.