• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

So, am I?

• Yes

Votes: 94 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 994 80.1%
  • Maybe a bit

Votes: 153 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Lol, i would never in a million years meet in Inglewood with someone i dont know. The Starbucks is a totally fine idea. You're just being safe.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That place does look sketch as fuck. I wouldn't meet there either. It's definitely not a race thing.

Never heard of meeting in a police parking lot. It's pretty smart. I'd just choose a Starbucks like I did in the past.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
you're the one selling the item... YOU choose where you want to sell it. If a potential buyer doesn't want to agree, too bad.

Oct 27, 2017
OP doesn't know the area, why the fuck would he agree to meet up there? He's the one selling his shit. Google Maps says it's abandoned, case closed.

How about the buyer walks a few blocks over to Starbucks? Oh, they don't want to? Sounds legit lol.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Look at what you made me do!
fKz6U0Ml.jpg

You know what? I take back what I said, it is a war zone. That fucking thing exploded :P

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Not wanting to meet at a sketchy location isn't racist.

Thinking a location is sketchy because it's predominantly African-American is.

I don't take issue with you wanting to meet somewhere you feel safe to sell an expensive item, but maybe ask yourself why you think a neighborhood is sketchy in the first place.

Im pretty sure he wanted to meet in the starbucks literally 10 seconds away, same city. I could be wrong, i did not read the whole thread

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the whole thread, but if there are any Inglewood era members posting here, what's up! Say hi to me if you see me. I'm the light skin mexican postman always wearing a sun hat and white compression sleeves to shield my tattoos from the sun. I work down the street from where OP was gonna meet up with the seller, also down the street from the brand new stadium.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Look at what you made me do!
fKz6U0Ml.jpg
My local wienerschnitzel closed down. Next closest one is twenty five minutes away. I have a greasy spoon nearby that has chili dogs and burgers but they're not the same.

I didn't read the whole thread, but if there are any Inglewood era members posting here, what's up! Say hi to me if you see me. I'm the light skin mexican postman always wearing a sun hat and white compression sleeves to shield my tattoos from the sun. I work down the street from where OP was gonna meet up with the seller, also down the street from the brand new stadium.

And that wienerschnitzel.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Inglewood is a big city, and it sounds like you're talking about the part of it that's gentrifying. Once the stadium is finished, the whole city will be indiscernible from Brentwood.

My route is down the street from the location OP's buyer wanted to meet at. It's definitely changing more and more every day. I've been on my route there for a little over two years and every month there's more and more white people moving in. Hell, one of the houses I deliver to is an airbnb that is nothing but the dorkiest looking white tourists.

Edit: and when they broke ground with the stadium, the lady who cases her route next to mine said entire apartment buildings on her route were sold off and all tenants ordered out. Awful shit. Thankfully, all the apartments on my route are untouched, but the prices are going up closer to $2,000.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Except it's not an abandoned place.

It's grade school stuff to think someone's acting tough when they're dropping facts. I'll call you shook and scared forever if you think a place you've never been to and only heard about through tv or music is dangerous and you act like it. Neither place is going to be much safer than the other.

You're completely missing my point. I'll just move on.

Having said that, I'm changing my answer from "no" to "yes/a little bit" OP. Rereading the OP, I see no reason to include the "African American" part of the post. That has nothing to do with the situation you were in. You could have left it completely out.

Not wanting to meet at that spot isnt racist, but it seems you did drop a % of what minority is there to the equation.

Last edited:

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
No if people said that about SB I wouldn't care. It's not a paradise. If someone thought a generally poor area was a bad place to do high value business I would accept that and have the ability to see others points of views
Again that's my point, It's not paradise, nowhere is, but would you think it's as dangerous and sketchy like people think Inglewood is? Example, i'm in Orange County now and during the big surf tournament think I always hear people talking shit about the "trash" that comes to their precious OC from the Inland Empire because they think it's just the grossest most dangerous dirty place. That is some absolute number one bullshit. This isn't a matter of others povs rather people passing judgement on things they only know through TV or Music.
LOL, you are anything but rational.
Oh do tell how. I have only been saying how the area aint as bad as people here are saying it is, there are other people who've said the same thing, are they anything but rational too? Yeah, get that bullshit outta here.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
i'm in Orange County now .

real talk: as a mexican, i've never felt more unsafe than I did when I was in Portland, Oregon and Orange County. I met my girlfriend ages ago when she still lived in Huntington Beach. She lived on a street that was a fucking neo-nazi stronghold. There had been times where I was walking back to my car on Nashville ave and saw some tatted up white guy walking around with an assault rifle. Nothing but respect for people who aren't nazis and choose to live in Orange County. I grew up in Venice when Venice was still one of the most violent neighborhoods in the state and I never felt fear like I did when I went to visit my girlfriend in Huntington Beach.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Again that's my point, It's not paradise, nowhere is, but would you think it's as dangerous and sketchy like people think Inglewood is? Example, i'm in Orange County now and during the big surf tournament think I always hear people talking shit about the "trash" that comes to their precious OC from the Inland Empire because they think it's just the grossest most dangerous dirty place. That is some absolute number one bullshit. This isn't a matter of others povs rather people passing judgement on things they only know through TV or Music.

Oh do tell how. I have only been saying how the area aint as bad as people here are saying it is, there are other people who've said the same thing, are they anything but rational too? Yeah, get that bullshit outta here.
I've already told you how like 5 times and other people as well. You just don't read.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly his response would make me think it's a setup. Why wouldn't he want to meet in the place you suggested? Him insisting on one particular location and pressuring you with accusations of racism would make think I'm being set up

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
You're completely missing my point. I'll just move on.

Having said that, I'm changing my answer from "no" to "yes/a little bit" OP. Rereading the OP, I see no reason to include the "African American" part of the post. That has nothing to do with the situation you were in. You could have left it completely out.

Not wanting to meet at that spot isnt racist, but it seems you did drop a % of what minority is there to the equation.

I think that's just explaining the context. The accusations from the other party wouldn't make sense at all without that detail either being provided explicitly or implied.

Lol I live in SoCal and have been around there and I would not want to sell my expensive MacBook there. Get out of here with your assumptions about others. I grew up in San Bernardino. It's not comparable to truly bad places but I definitely didn't grow up sheltered. You don't know a thing about me so I'd appreciate it if you didn't pretend like you did.
That's kind my point there, champ. If people talked bad and said how dangerous SB is without ever being there wouldn't that be some bullshit? I lived in Rialto and Fontana for a bit and it had places like this too but ive heard many people from West inward talking about how bad and dangerous the IE is when you clearly know that ain't true more than any other place.
I didn't pretend to know you but I know if you think this place is so sketchy and dangerous then you're on some bullshit.

The twist here is that San Bernardino has the second highest homocide rate in SoCal and is one of the top 10 most dangerous cities in California.
So, I guess I'm still a bit vague on what the definition of a "truly bad place" is.

On the other hand, I roll around SB all the time, so I guess I've seen some truly bad places, if we're going by statistics?
I've never really felt unsafe there, but I also don't go where I don't need to.

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017

Step 1: Misrepresent numerous people stating that that storefront is sketchy as them saying the whole area is sketchy.
Step 2: When called out, assert it's not sketchy because a business is there (Fast food shop next door open or not, is irrelevant since the OP isn't writing a thesis or some shit about this street corner)
Step 3: All places are the same! Let's ignore that deterrence is a thing, and that the buyer refusing to meet at Starbucks arguably bares this out...

Seriously, half your posts have been condescension-laden rebuttals about things the posters never actually said, Champ.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
No. Selling online and doing the exchange in person will always be risky. If it was Starbucks for Starbucks I would think you might be a bit racist, but Starbucks for sketchy strip mall raises some alarms. Besides seller should choose the meet up.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Fucking Christ this thread...

Hopefully OP saw posts saying "No, and the choice of the meeting location is strictly in the sellers hands" and then never revisited this mess. What a joke...

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
real talk: as a mexican, i've never felt more unsafe than I did when I was in Portland, Oregon and Orange County. I met my girlfriend ages ago when she still lived in Huntington Beach. She lived on a street that was a fucking neo-nazi stronghold. There had been times where I was walking back to my car on Nashville ave and saw some tatted up white guy walking around with an assault rifle. Nothing but respect for people who aren't nazis and choose to live in Orange County. I grew up in Venice when Venice was still one of the most violent neighborhoods in the state and I never felt fear like I did when I went to visit my girlfriend in Huntington Beach.
Truth. OC is like a different kind of dangerous, hard to explain.
Step 1: Misrepresent numerous people stating that that storefront is sketchy as them saying the whole area is sketchy.
Step 2: When called out, assert it's not sketchy because a business is there (Fast food shop next door open or not, is irrelevant since the OP isn't writing a thesis or some shit about this street corner)
Step 3: All places are the same! Let's ignore that deterrence is a thing, and that the buyer refusing to meet at Starbucks arguably bares this out...

Seriously, half your posts have been condescension-laden rebuttals about things the posters never actually said, Champ.
1.Fuck outta here with this BS, aint nobody misrepresenting shit other than those talking about a place they've never been. I've only been talking about the area, I know the area personally and I know it's not sketchy like people are trying to portray it. The situation? Maybe, but the people talking about how dangerous it is, how they'd never go there, they heard rappers 20 years ago say its bad? Man fuck that bullshit. 2. Called out for what? I stated the place aint sketchy like and i've stayed by that. There's nothing to call out. 3. As I said, its the same area from this and the Starbucks, you aren't magically in a safer area a mile away so people saying this area is sketchy vs starbucks doesnt fly.

If you feel im condescending then thats on you, that's your own personal problems and insecurities and I am sorry you feel that way. Thanks for playing though.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I think that's just explaining the context. The accusations from the other party wouldn't make sense at all without that detail either being provided explicitly or implied.

Yeah, I can see that. He felt it enough to ask on the forum though.

It really comes down to IF it factored into the OP's thought process.

Only the OP can answer that. It's good to reflect and be aware of how one thinks. That's how you change one's self.

Oct 27, 2017

1.Fuck outta here with this BS, aint nobody misrepresenting shit other than those talking about a place they've never been. I've only been talking about the area, I know the area personally and I know it's not sketchy like people are trying to portray it. The situation? Maybe, but the people talking about how dangerous it is, how they'd never go there, they heard rappers 20 years ago say its bad? Man fuck that bullshit. 2. Called out for what? I stated the place aint sketchy like and i've stayed by that. There's nothing to call out. 3. As I said, its the same area from this and the Starbucks, you aren't magically in a safer area a mile away so people saying this area is sketchy vs starbucks doesnt fly.

If you feel im condescending then thats on you, that's your own personal problems and insecurities and I am sorry you feel that way. Thanks for playing though.
You've done absolutely nothing but misrepresent what others have said. "Sketchy" does NOT equate to "warzone".

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
There is zero way I'd meet anyone there to do a sale. He's trying to guilt you into going where he wants. Don't risk it

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017

Tell that to:
Ponn
OmegaX
Carolina Reaper
SweetBellic

You're crass and disingenuous There's been roughly.. one? two? posts about the rap lyrics, and you've been rampaging far before said comments. You were accusing people of using 'coded' language before said lyrics were even mentioned. You're grinding that axe so hard it's ridiculous.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
You've done absolutely nothing but misrepresent what others have said. "Sketchy" does NOT equate to "warzone".

Man fuck that, that's some soft shit and you know it, you know exactly what's going on, don't be daft, but i'll humor you.
The people that said it was dangerous and they'd never go there and they heard rappers saying its bad is who that was obviously referring to. If that's all you have for me "misrepresenting" then you aint got shit, nice try though.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Unless you called him the n-word during your conversation, you should be fine. You didnt call him the n-word did you, even with -a?

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
To be fair, I've lived and worked in worse looking neighborhoods, but if I googled the site a buyer suggested and street view showed a closed business with a homeless person sleeping in front of it, I might consider the place sketchy and the whole deal sketchy too.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Tell that to:
Ponn
OmegaX
Carolina Reaper
SweetBellic

You're crass and disingenuous There's been roughly.. one? two? posts about the rap lyrics, and you've been rampaging far before said comments. You're grinding that axe so hard it's ridiculous.
Tell them what, my guy? I've said the same shit from the jump, it's pretty simple, people were implying that the place is sketchy and dangerous and scary and I and others have said otherwise. Ain't no one rampaging so shut that dumb shit up right now, if anything you're the one upset I called people saying how dangerous and scary Inglewood shook, but nice try though.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
San Berdu is a meth city. As well as a racist city. It's the reason it's really affordable. Waiting for it to gentrify but it's too far in the boonies for that to happen.

Much rather live ibn inglewood.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Long story short:

I'm trying to sell a MacBook Pro. A potential buyer messages me on OfferUp saying that he wants to buy it. All goes well until we decide where to meet. I suggest a public location in a nearby mall.

... and that's where the issue starts. He wants me to meet him at this location (Google Street view) in Inglewood (which is predominantly African-American neighborhood).

So, I refuse and offer to meet at a nearby Starbucks - and he accuses me of being racist for not wanting to go to Inglewood and "u think all black people want to rib(sic) u????"

Well, I'm not white OR black. That location is just too sketch.

The dude sent me a few more accusatory messages before I reported him and it's been quiet since.

LMFAO, he wanted to meet at a empty building that's closed and available for lease?
lol fuck no...
that shit aint racist...that's just stupid (if someone were to do it).
starbucks if a perfectly fair spot....

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
Tell them what, my guy? I've said the same shit from the jump. Ain't no one rampaging, if anything you're the one upset I called people saying how dangerous and scary Inglewood shook, but nice try though.
So, you've got nothing then? Your batting average is pretty poor when it comes to determining if someone is talking about Inglewood at large, or just referring to that parking lot.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The person selling the item should choose where to meet. That dude sounds sketchy as fuck if he is not even willing to meet at the Starbucks next door.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tell them what, my guy? I've said the same shit from the jump, it's pretty simple, people were implying that the place is sketchy and dangerous and scary and I and others have said otherwise. Ain't no one rampaging so shut that dumb shit up right now, if anything you're the one upset I called people saying how dangerous and scary Inglewood shook, but nice try though.

Why are you even so defensive about that place? So some people think it's sketchy, what's the big deal?

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
it is still closed, and chained off
Why do we pretend it matters? If we can't figure it out here, then how the hell are we expecting the OP know. Check yelp too? Urbanspoon? Realty listings? Drive there beforehand to investigate?

How about the buyer should've just gone to the Starbucks as requested.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If you didn't want to go there because its a African-American neighborhood and you think that's why it's sketchy, that would be racist.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Bruh they refuse to meet at a star bucks and they immediately play the race card to try to guilt?
sus as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.