• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Have more self respect OP, you should leave her at this point, you deserve better, thats alot of red flags.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she's cheating on you. Chances are they didn't even stop after she told you.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
First thing, when your partner cheats on you with someone, them asking to stay friends with that person afterwards is a BIG FUCKING NO.

Yea. Cmon. How much of a doormat are you?

Ready for some medicine? It's not going to taste good. You ready? Here it comes. Open wide:

No one respects a doormat. They use them. Your wife has zero respect for you. Because you have zero respect for yourself.

Yes she's still fucking him. Or someone else. Now the question is do you have enough of a sense of self worth to let her kick rocks and move on with your life or would you prefer to live a lie?

Don't be so afraid to be alone that you tolerate such disrespect.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Ready for some medicine? It's not going to taste good. You ready? Here it comes. Open wide:

No one respects a doormat. They use them. Your wife has zero respect for you. Because you have zero respect for yourself.

Yes she's still fucking him. Or someone else. Now the question is do you have enough of a sense of self worth to let her kick rocks and move on with your life or would you prefer to live a lie?

Could probably lock the thread after this, tbh

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Personal attacks against other members
Dude. You're such a fucking loser.

I hope this is some sort of troll thread. Otherwise lmao

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017

so harsh lol

but true. Motivational if anything. Respect yourself man.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
...last fall my wife had an affair. She didn't hide it from me which in a way made the whole thing worse.

sFx7pdh.gif

She agreed but begged me to permit them to stay friends. I agreed...

sFx7pdh.gif

The very next day, she changed all of the names of all of her contacts to fake names.

sFx7pdh.gif

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You lost me at "she begged me to keep talking to this guy who was feeding it to her," but damn dude, giving everyone on her phone fake names? You for real, dawg? You needed to ask us about that?

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Sad story to read man. She's definitely not telling the truth and then trying to reflect back at you. No one changes the names in a phone for fun. No one.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Go to her and tell her to knock the shit off. If she wants a fresh start with you as she claims then she needs to accept you're going to have a little paranoia about this. Be honest with her and let her know you were never comfortable with the affair to begin with, but went along with it due to your own insecurities about losing her. To be fair to her it sounds like you allowed her to do this even after she rejected your ground rules. You could have put a stop to things then and there but it sounds like you threw up your hands and just let her do what she wanted.

You guys probably need couple's counseling. You'll both have to be honest about what you want out of your relationship going forward. You say you're completely disabled? That's a lot to put on someone if she's your sole caregiver. Are you able to be intimate with her in the way she wants? Is this why she pursued the affair to begin with?

You may love her and she may love you; but you also can't chain a person down and expect all your needs/wishes be met while theirs are ignored.

Honesty and couple's counseling is what you both need. In the meantime she does need to respect your paranoia a bit and stop playing phone games. If she won't you probably know why and you need to ask if she's serious about a fresh start or not.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am sorry but come on man, there is red flag all over this. How do you not see it?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly OP should probably contact the right people to deal with this legally, then grab his favorite meal with some friends, or chill at home and play some Nintendo. Try not to think about this until the time comes. Which is probably now...but you'll probably need a few days to chill.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I went through something similar with an ex gf and it did not end well. I hate to say it but you need to leave her. This isnt going to work itself out.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The phone thing gives it away 100%. No one does that for fun. It's a hassle and she did it to hide the dude. Sorry man. Fuckin shit situation.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Everything is harder when you're sick. I'm sorry, OP. If you're dependent on her for financial help or caregiving, this is just an incredibly shitty situation.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Not paranoid at all. My ex wife did the exact same thing. Now I'm going through a divorce. Expect her to say she doesn't love you anymore. That was the next step in my experience. Sorry, it hurts to hear and experience this. I attempted suicide twice afterwards cause it hurt so much. Now I'm here glad that I failed both attempts.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
no, you're not being paranoid. To me, it sounds like she probably didn't stop.

But here is the thing, if you're going to try to make it work, you have to trust her eventually, but it also sounds to me like you probably, deep down, have not been able to put this behind you.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
You should have fucking left her ass back in December. Have some goddamn self respect. Oh my goodness...

Divorce, now.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Does that guy have a wife or a SO?
If he does, maybe you should get her opinion on the matter.

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
Need some slight clarification here... How do you know she changed the names of her contacts, unless you went through her stuff? You said she did this after you used her phone, so how do you know she changed things? I'm of the opinion that couples shouldn't really have any secrets between each other, but this also sounds like you're leaving some details out.

But still, I'm even more of the opinion that cheating = break-up.
It's not the answer you want to hear, I'm sure, but pretty much everybody in the thread seems to agree. She cheated on you, she broke your trust, she betrayed your daughter by not respecting you, she's not worth your time.

It's going to hurt for a while; a long while, to break up with her. Staying with her will hurt for even longer, though.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
You deserve better than this.

Take better care of yourself.

Time to move on and be happy. She aint the one.

Sorry dude. But move on.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way you can get a caretaker to help out?

After that, get a divorce. For your daughter's sake.