fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been noticing a trend lately (in Belgium, NOT in the USA - that I know of) with "kids" (20 year olds) on instagram doing photoshoots while being dressed like – for lack of a better description – school shooters, posing with airsoft rifles, etc.

What's this called? And ... why?

41942941_281972032638010_5104309362223443903_n.jpg

55842831_126694895153593_4841714097214854769_n.jpg

mxdvs-brend.jpg.pagespeed.ce.0J4iDOejc0.jpg

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's called being white. If these people were black or brown there'd be an FBI SWAT team kicking their door down.

EDIT: Second and third pictures weren't posted when I made this comment, I dunno what those outfits are about.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I think you stumbled upon some sort of white nationalist militia because I don't think "the kids" are doing this regularly

Oct 28, 2017
Its just techwear style. Its a weird almost-cyberpunk way of dressing. Lots of tacticool stuff.

I like some of the trousers with extra pockets and that, but some of it does look a bit too edgy. Here's a pretty good summary of the major brands out there, if you want to gawk at some more of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/techwearclothing/wiki/brands

OP's image looks a bit extreme though, with the pick, gun and all that.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Literally never seen this sort of thing and I run a business with a primary demographic of ~20 year olds.

OP
OP
fierrotlepou

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you stumbled upon some sort of white nationalist militia because I don't think "the kids" are doing this regularly

I'm from Belgium and stumbled upon lots of kids dressing like this (at least on Instagram). It's fucking weird. Not sure if I can brand them white nationalists or whatever, they sure seem to like black mumble "rappers".

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Going by the gun in the lower left, it just looks like somebody into tactical airsoft.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Trust me, that's a very niche version of an even more niche version of upmarket fashion

That deffo is not '20 something fashion'

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
schoolshooter-chic is now fashion

this is the reality y'all're now in because of your government's refusal to act
Dude he said he's from Belgium.
1. that was edited in after i made this post

2. it's probably easier to be a shit-ass edgy teen dressing as a schoolshooter for the edge if you're actually not in the country where the schoolshootings are taking place

Last edited:

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I'm from Belgium and stumbled upon lots of kids dressing like this (at least on Instagram). It's fucking weird. Not sure if I can brand them white nationalists or whatever, they sure seem to like black mumble "rappers".
Whole lotta racists like hip hop just like their parents liked Stevie Wonder and their Grand parents liked Miles Davis.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If I saw these kids, I would assume they were skinheads lol. Like wtf? Is this a non-skinhead fashion? At least the top. Bottom doesn't seem bad. But lol wtf is with the axe

OP
OP
fierrotlepou

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its just techwear style. Its a weird almost-cyberpunk way of dressing. Lots of tacticool stuff.

I like some of the trousers with extra pockets and that, but some of it does look a bit too edgy. Here's a pretty good summary of the major brands out there, if you want to gawk at some more of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/techwearclothing/wiki/brands

OP's image looks a bit extreme though, with the pick, gun and all that.

Glad that there's a name for it at least. It just doesn't sit well with me though. Strapping up and running around with gun holsters attached to your legs.

where is this picture from?

This is a pic from a brand called MXDVS.

Hirok2099

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The first one is riot Fetishism which is not new but maybe wasnt mainstream before.

Regarding the second photo......yeah op you're getting old.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's tech inspo .

I own a pair of the pants and holy hell not gonna lie I can fit everything in everywhere so many pockets so well designed that you couldn't even tell and they're a skinny fit. Only issue is the material. Too hot for summer .

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is this a Euro thing? I've never seen this in the US.

Gnomepowered

Nov 23, 2018
schoolshooter-chic is now fashion

this is the reality y'all're now in because of your government's refusal to act
Not that I disagree at all with the sentiment, but it seems like this is targeted at the USA, while it looks like some of that (like the MXVDS clothes) is European- seems to be a Belgian brand, or at least designer? I think that changes the context, even if they still look like doofs.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Techwear seems like a much nerdier and slightly more style conscious offshoot of the military surplus crowd that has been around forever. I wouldn't put it past some of these people to have weird views given their fetishization of war, but I don't think it's intended to evoke school shootings specifically.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
yeah it's kind a weird/dorky fashion choice, but nothing to be alarmed by. there's a lot of "sexy" type photos on the instagram and other brand promotion looking photos, but mostly seems like a weird niche thing. the models they use have the own instagram pages with photos of them modeling in all kinds of other weird/dorky clothes.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Replace weapons with cameras and they'll look like a few of the urban exploration guys I follow on Youtube.