• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No issues with green goblin's suit. I was 11/12 back in 2002. Power Rangers wish they had such a detailed armored suit in 2002.

These where hype times back then and was the 2002 equivalent to Avengers in 2012.

Yeah....Cap's suit was a bit goofy, but was that enough to spoil the movie? NOPE.

As a new yorker, super proud of both films.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It was sort of a shame that Raimi more or less ripped Octopus and Sandman straight from the page but the Goblins were hidden behind early '00s tacticool. That being said I never HATED it, just thought it could've been better, like the aforementioned Alex Ross design. Goblin as a transformation always sucks whether it's Ultimate or ASM2. He's a Goblin, he's supposed to be devious and manic looking, not the fucking Hulk with horns or a meth addict. Hell, Spider-Verse legitimately lost points with me going the Hulk-Goblin route.

New goblin was a different story. Definitely never liked that at all.
$_10.JPG

The culmination of a three movie story thread, coming off of the stinger in 2, and we get a skateboarding paintballer in fucking slacks.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
While I'm not necessarily wanting the MCU movies to retread things we've already seen in previous adaptations, I won't lie that there is a part of me that really wants to see Green Goblin show up in the new movies, given the MCU's track record of generally providing faithful visual adaptations of the comic source material to the big screen. I want a live action Norman Osborne who is so deranged that he decides the best use of his newfound powers is to dress up like a child's nightmare and terrorize innocents.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it because I always thought comic Green Goblin looked extremely silly(more than the movie suit

I don't mind it.

It would have been even better if he had been disfigured from the formula. Make him transform into a goblin so that we could still see his emoting.

source.gif
CloudyBowedGoa-size_restricted.gif
3JZ.gif
Ya know the only way i'd ever absolutely accept a Joker that is 30 years older than Batman, is if Dafoe was cast as Pattinson's Joker.

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it would've hurt to throw some rags on him.

The Green Goblin doesn't give them a lot to go off of though, being the terrible character that he is. If you look at fan redesigns and concept art it all looks bad, and there's no logic to the 'default' design.

The best you can probably do is the Ultimate Alliance 2 design, and still there's a level of design over functionality that isn't justified for a crazed billionaire.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I don't think it would've hurt to throw some rags on him.

The Green Goblin doesn't give them a lot to go off of though, being the terrible character that he is. If you look at fan redesigns and concept art it all looks bad, and there's no logic to the 'default' design.

The best you can probably do is the Ultimate Alliance 2 design, and still there's a level of design over functionality that isn't justified for a crazed billionaire.
See, I personally like Norman/Goblin as a character, and think that there are some decent, in-character narrative justifications for why comic book Green Goblins design works for his overall concept and themes, but even I'm will to admit that they are largely post-hoc rationalizations.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Ya know the only way i'd ever absolutely accept a Joker that is 30 years older than Batman, is if Dafoe was cast as Pattinson's Joker.

That would be so wild. I want this. He'd have the total chaotic/evil side of Joker down. He might actually make it too disturbing. Give me R rated Batman with Dafoe, let's gooooooooooooooo

MiserlyFrankIndigobunting-size_restricted.gif

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It was good, even approaching great though it diminished Dafoe's ability to emote in the mask.

Subsequent superhero films have aggressively worked around that limitation by having the character remove the mask frequently or otherwise working around the limitation, such as RDRs HUD in the MCU and MCUs Spider-Mansiris goggles.

Heck, it's clear Rami and others were considering the limitation, such as the eyes/mouth that opened on the goblin mask, as well as Dafoe wearing the suit in scenes where stunt men weren't required.