• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
059bedcdd489d8e7a7e585cfabd274c4a407149a.jpg

latest

I see that this costume gets a lot of hate and many people dismiss it as just a power ranger thing, but honestly, I personally don't mind it. I think the sleek design is kinda cool and the mask scared me as a kid and could be intimating somewhat.It's way better than the AMS2 Goblin, so I really don't think this costume is as bad as people think

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I always thought it was badass, especially the helmet, but I was like 5 when the movie came out, so...

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's whack. Comic suit is whack, too.

Ultimate Goblin is the best greengoblin.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I thought it was perfect for the time.

His voice was emotive enough.

If I remember correctly they attempted a test run with a "real" goblin and it looked awful.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
It's fine. Its a comic book suit from the early 2000s. Its not the best depiction of the Green Goblin, but its not the worst either. To be honest though, the green goblin's design definitely doesn't lend itself to real life very easily. Just be happy that they didn't try to CG a cartoony green goblin face on him using early 2000s CG.

The alternate version they had looked cool, but the big orange eyes made it look stupid though.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was cool at the time. The action figure that came with the glider was dope. Would've liked more purple on the suit itself tho to break it up a bit.

It's better than both Harry's suit in SM3 (snowboard goblin) or whatever the fuck was going on in ASM 2 at least.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Yes, you are. It's terrible. That animatronic mask would've been amazing. ASM 2 Goblin was even worse.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the attitude back then was "its not the comics so its shit". I think the design is fine and fits the movie but could have been better. The leaked mask design is a million times better.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
It looks like something out of Power Rangers. Very cheesy. Luckily Willam Dafoe is an amazing actor who played the part well enough to offset the goofiness.

Oct 25, 2017
Even at the time when I was like barely a teenager I saw this suit and went "eeehhhh....okay."
I didn't hate it but I didn't like it much either.
Ultimately, I don't think history remembers that mask too fondly. There were better options.
Everybody loved Dafoe, though.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
The older I get the more I realize that military dickhead was right, Osborne was wasting money on something that would never go beyond the prototype stage.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
It was always terrible. Design only, it's awful. From a practical standpoint it was even worse because you just knew Willem Dafoe was hamming it up behind that plastic garbage and you aren't allowed to see it.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I was always disappointed they didn't go with something closer to the unused Alex Ross design, which was much more faithful to the comic book look.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
The mask is the problem

Spraypainted the glider suit green? Ok

But who tf 3d printed this high tech goblin mask? It shouldve been one of the naturalistic ones Dafoe had on his walls