• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So I have been working for an AC company for the past 5 months or so installing AC units, air ducts and all that stuff. I work under my boss and another co worker who has more experience than me.

On November 19th was the last job we did which is exactly 2 weeks ago. I called my boss on November 20th to see if there was any jobs available and he told me no and I said ok.

On November 25th he called telling my that we landed a big job on a nursery facility and we should start in the next two days.

On November 27th I called him about the big job and he told he was waiting for a confirmation. Because it was thanksgiving week I said "ok, no problem"

I called him again this past Sunday and he told me the same! Now I'm getting worried here because bills are pilling up and now I'm starting to use my savings account to pay my expenses.

Today I called him again because I didn't hear anything from him yesterday and the call was not answered and now I'm really desperate; two weeks without working!

Keep in mind that I have been calling and texting my coworker too with no replies so I started to get suspicious because he had always replied my texts and calls so I sent him two messages(one on Friday and one yesterday) via Snaptchat and he opened both but never replied back.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
You gotta get another job man. Something where people at least are gonna respond to you. Any idea why they would ghost you? Always potential that they just don't have any jobs going and are sick answering you back lol but it doesn't seem like you've been hammering them for updates.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
So you don't get a steady paycheck from it? You get paid per job?

Yeah, if it's that slow and you're not getting paid, you gotta find something else.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Find something else. Though I would say they are actually waiting on confirmation but the AC company itself sounds super small time and reliant on every job, best to start looking elsewhere.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I know you are in Florida, but are AC jobs that frequent in the winter? Have you asked your boss this?

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The person at the nursery who would sign off on the project could be out on vacation or just got back this week. That could explain a delay from your boss.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look for something else. Lots of trades shut down or dont have as much work till the weather is nicer.

Just something temp tho that isn't going to interfere with any possible work from this job.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
He could very well be telling you the truth, but a bit more transparency would be nice. My father-in-law worked in HVAC for years and always had jobs to do, so if it's getting this desperate without a steady line of contracts to know if you'll be working tomorrow or the next day, I'd look for another job.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
It looks like other people are getting the hours and he's shutting you out. I know it's shit advice but you need to find another stable hours job and you could still keep this if you want.

OP
OP
Slipknot666

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I called him again and he answered and told me the same thing.

to be honest, when I was starting he told me that the winter season is really slow.