• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the recent announcement of new Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, I've seen many voices for anime character, especially Goku to join the game.

However, like Sakurai said on the interview "Manga characters will not join the party" so the chance of Goku ever joining the game doesn't seem likely.

But then, there's renowned anime character from Bamco, who, unlike likes of Goku, also originated from arcade/console game.

Yes I'm talking about Amami Haruka.
latest
Here are the reasons why.

1) The importance of Idolm@ster franchise in Japan/Bamco
While idolm@ster is not the first virtual/anime idol franchise in Japan, it is clearly one of the most influential/significant of 21st century. The anime adaptations of the series had always been one of the most popular shows of the season, and the mobile games like Cinderella Girls and SideM has always ranked high on revenue chart. The series even got adapted in live action tv series in Korea. It is arguably one of the biggest/important franchise that Bamco has alongside Gundam. And as Bamco being the developer of Smash, it feels like no brainer for them to put one of their key characters into the game.

2) Idolm@ster has presence in Nintendo devices
Unlike characters like Cloud who had barely any presence in Nintendo devices. the idolm@ster got a ds game, called Deary Stars.

3) Smash needs more female reps
While Super Smash Bros have wonderful roster with diverse cast, one complaint I have is the lack of female characters in the roster. And the fact that among the 3 dlc character we received only two being female characters didn't help either (Bayonetta, Corrin/but as of Corrin, male Corrin was the default skin). So therefore, having another female rep would be good.

4) She'll be unique character with completely move set from others.
Amami Haruka is not a fighter but an idol. Just imagine how crazy her moveset can be!

5) Expose Nintendo Switch / Super Smash Bros to brand new audience.
While Switch definitely got some Vita audience, it still hasn't gotten the entirety of Anime fans as companies like Bandai Namco releases them on other platforms. By putting Amami Haruka into the game, these fans will be inclined to buy Switch and Super Smash Bros, further expanding its audience base, which can also lead to anime games hitting the system more frequently like getting Dragon Ball FighterZ 2 day and date with other platforms!

So what do ERA think of Amami Haruka's inclusion? Is she Re@dy to Smash?

Last edited:

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idolm@asters? The hell get that trash out of here.

Should be a Love Live representative like Maki.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
But let's be real. the original idolm@ster is on decline with recent poor games. The new(?) hottness is Cinderella girls. :P

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh so now Goku is too much but animu girls are fine
Ok thanks Resetera it's been a fun five months

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not even top 5 best girl in her own series.

Give me Makoto or don't even bother.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Only third party characters that deserve to be in Smash are :

- Megaman
- Bomberman
- Sonic
- Pac-Man
- Rayman
- Bayonetta (since it's pretty much a Nintendo franchise these days)

No one else.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad if the idol obsession with young girls makes me deeply uncomfortable?

GUMDROP

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Add the whole roster and I'll accept it. Pokemon Trainer has 3 swaps? This girl has 14. Easy.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, she would be a nice addition. They can even give her tripping and everything.

Ami+Mami instead of Ice Climbers would be cool too

Status
Not open for further replies.