• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Hey Era - making this topic to see if there are any amateur astronomers on the site? Reason I ask is that my partner is trying to get into the hobby lately, but... we don't have a telescope! Really looking for recommendations, or resources that I can read through to find the right scope. Also interested to hear about what got you into the hobby and any tips / tricks!

tnud

Oct 25, 2017
On location
I'm gonna post here to subscribe. A topic I've considered in the past! Interesting stuff curious if it is still expensive~

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to, my uncle even got me a telescope when I was a kid, but Istanbul's air pollution being what it is I could never put it to use.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
is there a local astronomy club in your city? i would say to join that asap as they may hold viewing events and people there that can give you really good firsthand experience

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Try to look up if you have any amateur astronomers associations near you. My local AAA always have local events where their members bring their telescopes for the general public to use. Could use the event to pick the minds of the amateurs there.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Hi I am one. I suggest a local Meetup if there is one. As far as starter scopes, most will say a dobsonian will give you the best bang for your buck, but I don't like their bulk.