• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The Clemson's men's basketball team is 0-59 against the University of North Carolina on UNC's home court.
There have been 31 D-1 women's NCAA tournaments. UNC has been to the final 26 times and won 21 times.
Pat Summit coached the University of Tennessee Lady Vols for 38 years. She never had a losing season and somehow graduated every single player that finished their time at UT.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

Pace for a 3:20 Mile. Averaging 25 seconds for his 200m, and 50 seconds for his 400m (~0.25 mi). He was also averaging 18 mph. I still watch this race every now and again , and I learn something new about how Rudisha raced it. There is nothing harder than the 800m and athletics. As someone who specializes in coaching the 600m-1000m, this is an amazing and jaw dropping race. It really shouldn't be physically possible yet every couple years or so, someone is breaking the norm

Holy shit that's crazy. I don't understand how people can literally sprint for that long. Another race I thought of when I opened this thread was in the 400m.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that's crazy. I don't understand how people can literally sprint for that long. Another race I thought of when I opened this thread was in the 400m.

You literally only run, eat and sleep. Also gotta have the right mind set and (hate to say it but) the right body / genetics. It's something you aren't supposed to say but some people are built better to race, sprint, etc compared to others.

Anyways, collegiac training pales in comparison to what these guys do. I would love to just volunteer, help and watch their training.

Yeah that 400m was nuts. Track is under appreciated around the world. I wish more people care about it and want to become track athletes. I have an unhealthy obsession over it šŸ˜©

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands have won every korfball final but one. Git gud world.

knipsel29xkg5.jpg

knipsel136jqw.jpg
knipsel3cajnu.jpg

I want The Warriors to be like "fuck it, team America" and enter this sport and just crush.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
One from rugby that I'm pretty certain will never get broken:

Gerry Brand, in 1932, hit a drop goal from 77.7 metres for the Springboks against England. That is just... insane.

For people without a frame of reference, scoring a drop goal from 40 metres is pretty damn good, and ones from more than 50 metres are basically unheard of.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Longest ice hockey game happened in 2017, when Norwegian teams Storhamar and Sparta played a playoff game #5 for 217 minutes and 14 seconds.

Tied after 60 minutes and it took eight overtime periods for a game to end, when Storhamar scored.

Last edited:

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Messi and Ronaldos entire careers. Insane amount of goals and assists in the hardest leagues in the world.

We'll only really appreciate how special they were when they are gone.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Roger Federer has been in the ATP Top 100 for over 1,000 consecutive weeks. The GOAT.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Rasheed Wallace's 41 technical fouls (in an 82 game season) never fails to amaze and amuse me. And i think he owns the top 3 marks.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Probably some college record. Always some Madden like stat from college.

I saw the stats they did for Tom Brady on ESPN the other day, that was crazy, lol.

Agree about Jerry Rice, and Bill Russell is....I'm at a loss for words....

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We're still living it, but when people look back on the last 20 years of the NFL, the Brady/Belichick era will simply be the most insane sports run in history due to how the NFL specifically designed it's league to bring parity with the salary cap and how NFL rosters on a year to year basis can have massive turnover, where every three years you're likely dealing with an entirely new team identity in terms of capability and skill sets.

Tom Brady/Bill Belichick, out of the 17 years where he has started (18 years but not including the ACL tear at the season opener)

1) Has gone to the Super Bowl 50% of the time as of the 2017 season.

2) Has been in the AFC Championship game 13 times out of the 17 years he has started. The AFC Championship game is practically the Patriots invitational given the chance they will be in it.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
In the 2012/13 season Leo Messi scored in 21 consecutive league games. During this streak he netted 33 times and scored against every other team in the league (a record in itself).

Gerd Muller (the player whose calendar year goal record he beat in 2012) is second with 16 games and 22 goals.

Machine.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Teemu Selanne's rookie records of 76 goals and 132 points as this magical season was what made me a lifetime fan of hockey and Teemu at the tender age of 5 in Winnipeg.

Considering no player has even broken 70 goals since both Selanne & Alexander Mogilny did it in 1992, I find it difficult to fathom any player going forward being able to beat that record let alone a rookie.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
Poking around record books for a sleeper one. Elmore Smith had 17 blocks in a game in 1973.
Nobody has gotten over 12 since the 90s.
The increase in shots from deep means that blocks don't happen as often. The recent high of 12 would have to be increased by 50% for them to break the record with 18.