• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I won't defend anyone but when it comes to package deliveries. The takeaway from this thread and the other one earlier today from San Fran is let these people do their fucking jobs.

Ive had my many issues with Amazon deliveries, at no point am I going to harass a ducking delivery person rather than waiting for the package to just be at my door.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
It's the one where they said "all is fair against racists" in response to this old woman getting sucker punched to the back of the head.

This isn't hard. That sentiment is wrong. Only siths deal in absolutes.

All is fair against racists but Nepenthe wasn't referring to what happened to this woman. They were referring to a separate hypothetical scenario. Y'all just aren't following.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm not being dragged into what you're trying to do (Which, I'm a little bit disappointed in, if I'm reading it right... If not, I apologise) but hey...

So all of Nepenthe's posts in this thread before mine, were essentially of the mantra, "Fuck about, find out" which is cool on the assumption the victim actually did something worthy of said retribution... When it was, well, almost immediately (Post #10) discovered that it wasn't what Nepenthe had supposed, the thread went on, unabated, with the implication that said victim had it coming to them (If they were racist) which, as we already knew from post 10, wasn't true (As far as we have info on, at least, she could be a raging KKK for all we know, but that's operating in unknowns)

When it become even more abundantly clear the initial assumptions were incorrect, and questions were asked, Nepenthe (As an admin, not just a user) doubled down on saying (if she were racist) she had it coming to her, when we already knew it wasn't based on a slur, but it was dismissed with a "Sue me" and a jovial take on someone getting the fuck beat out of them.

When I -directly- asked Nepenthe, why they hadn't corrected any of the initial statements, and basically doubled down on victim blaming, it was again, dismissed, with a "Sue me" comment.

I'm sorry, but when we have a message board, that is allegedly progressive, and holds its members to pretty high standards, having an admin of the site basically decide "Ehh, I don't care about your concerns because I -could- have been right" then you kinda really sell yourself short.

Again, I've already said in this thread, that I don't want to focus on Nepenthe, but there is definitely an undercurrent of victim blaming that I feel -is- emboldened by both the situation, and an admin outright refusing to back down on their initial mistake. I didn't want to centre Nepenthe, but it does seem really bad form for other posters to turn around and deflect criticism of the admin team also.
Firstly, please drop this conspirtal condescension or whatever that is, I am not "trying" anything here. I simply don't see it the way you do.

They made the wrong assumption (which was, imo, fully understandable and you have acknoweldge this), then when someone suggested to them that words have no power, Nepenthe went into a tangential discussion about the power of words because someone else was bringing that up. It was a valid conversation for them to contribute to at that point.

All the while clarifying that they agree the word "bitch" was not a word that justified force, but reasoning that the suggestion that "words have no power" doesn't pan out when hate speech is actual violence, and the idea of just "being the bigger person and turning the other cheek" is a tall ask when it comes to actual racist hate speech.

They were not dismissing concerns, they acknowledged multiple times that they made a mistake, but they were also brought into a tanfentual debate which people then started to try to spin as them dismissing people.

Sorry, genuinely, do not see what you do here. Which is why I asked...

if there is a specific post that actually shows them doing what you claim, please quote it directly. This isn't a trap or anything ridiculous like that, I honestly do not see your point.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All is fair against racists but Nepenthe wasn't referring to what happened to this woman. They were referring to a separate hypothetical scenario. Y'all just aren't following.
I mean the post was in response to someone specifically talking about "this case":
In this case, ass handed over to them by being assaulted from behind.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's the one where they said "all is fair against racists" in response to this old woman getting sucker punched to the back of the head.

This isn't hard. That sentiment is wrong. Only siths deal in absolutes.
Then you need to read the thread again properly, bacaue you missed posts either side of that one.

There was a tangential conversation happening.

Ronald_Raygun

Oct 27, 2017
Austin

their post was literally in response to someone explaining that this woman got hit in the back of the head. I don't think you're following. Also, I have absolutely ZERO respect for someone willing to suckerpunch an elder.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
When it become even more abundantly clear the initial assumptions were incorrect, and questions were asked, Nepenthe (As an admin, not just a user) doubled down on saying (if she were racist) she had it coming to her, when we already knew it wasn't based on a slur, but it was dismissed with a "Sue me" and a jovial take on someone getting the fuck beat out of them.
Nepenthe said:
I'm not ashamed to say that I don't mind racists getting their asses handed to them over slurs, which is what the article implied happened. Sue me.
This is entirely different than what you are implying, obviously nobody gives a shit if racists catch one. She is saying the article implied something and she is speaking on the implication, not what actually occurred. These are two different things.
When I -directly- asked Nepenthe, why they hadn't corrected any of the initial statements, and basically doubled down on victim blaming, it was again, dismissed, with a "Sue me" comment.
Of course, because you were presenting it in a way that she didn't even mean lol, she doesn't think it was victim blaming and she doesn't owe you agreement. She admitted she had a different understanding of the article, if you want more than that that's your own problem. Her being an admin just means she does admin stuff, I don't know why you keep bringing that up like she has some special status, it's an internet forum lol she should be able to post like the rest of us, it doesn't mean she will always be right or people will always agree, you're taking this waaaay too far. If you care so much about how progressive this forum is then I'm sure you're familiar with Nepenthe being a big part of that for literal years so it's just weird people are so quick to throw her under the bus is all.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Very well said. It seems like people forget this is a forum meant for discussion. There are a lot of voices trying to be heard in this thread and if all you're doing in here is saying " violence is bad" and then moving on with your day then what's the point. You're not trying to understand the underlying issues that could lead to this. Use this as an opportunity to engage and ask other users why they might feel like they do.

Well, let talk about the women who got an alert from Amazon that her package was delivered. We can all imagine ourselves going to our door and expecting our package to be there. And it not. After 15 minutes, we notice the Amazon drive chatting with another person, walk up and ask "Hey, where is my package? I got a notification it is here." An the delivery person goes off on you, claiming your privileged for expecting a delivery. And continue to give you attitude as they hand it over. Instead of saying "oh sorry, I got distracted, here it is."

How many people here on ERA would take that kind of treatment for a simple question? Vast majority of ERA would not take a moment to think about centuries of racial injustice or the inner working of Amazon. They would be "Don't be a bitch, just give me my Playstation." Most of ERA would agree if they are met with hostility, they would meet the hostility with equal words or force.

But, the lady, like more real people dropped a sarcastic remark and turned her back, Got punched 10 times and got her nose broke in the process. What would ERA do if a delivery person did that to them?

Who on ERA would accept a beating from delivery person for what ever reason? What if it your 67 year old grandma?

Do we even know what is in the package that is worth beating up a person for? Is it medication? Food? A present for someone else. A PlayStation?

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
lq41HCD.png
Self defense?

Is her lawyer Lionel Hutz?

Ronald_Raygun

Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Then you need to read the thread again properly, bacaue you missed posts either side of that one.

There was a tangential conversation happening.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on morals here, because even if that woman said the most vile, racist thing, I don't think hitting her repeatedly is justified or acceptable. That video made me sick.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I won't defend anyone but when it comes to package deliveries. The takeaway from this thread and the other one earlier today from San Fran is let these people do their fucking jobs.

Ive had my many issues with Amazon deliveries, at no point am I going to harass a ducking delivery person rather than waiting for the package to just be at my door.

Assuming the story is 100% true, there was no harassment, they simply waited a long time and then went and asked where the package was.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Sure, some arsehole punched a 67 year old woman in the back of the head, and I was totally cool with that when I assumed said 67 year old woman was a racist, but what about worker's right? What about other, unrelated incidences of racism?

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the post was in response to someone specifically talking about "this case":
In this case, ass handed over to them by being assaulted from behind.

The "in this case" was applying the assault in this event to the hypothetical scenario Nepenthe was referring to.

their post was literally in response to someone explaining that this woman got hit in the back of the head. I don't think you're following. Also, I have absolutely ZERO respect for someone willing to suckerpunch an elder.

See above. Also I have zero respect for elders throwing slurs around. Tell Gram Gram not to fuck around and she won't find out.

(And no, I'm not referring to the woman in this case, since that keeps getting mixed up.)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that, escalating to sucker punching someone 10 times in the back of the head, especially an elderly person, is fucking gross even if they are a trash human being.
I would have 0 sympathy had a racist slur been thrown first.

lol o fucking l my guy. If that were the case then both of them would be in the hospital, but instead only the one that caught fists to the face is.

I just, I can't with this shit. I'm out before this gets any uglier. What a thread.
Hate speech and the mindset it perpetuates literally gets black people murdered.

Stop trying to play that down.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Firstly, please drop this conspirtal condescension or whatever that is, I am not "trying" anything here. I simply don't see it the way you do.

They made the wrong assumption (which was, imo, fully understandable and you have acknoweldge this), then when someone suggested to them that words have no power, Nepenthe went into a tangential discussion about the power of words because someone else was bringing that up. It was a valid conversation for them to contribute to at that point.

All the while clarifying that they agree the word "bitch" was not a word that justified force, but reasoning that the suggestion that "words have no power" doesn't pan out when hate speech is actual violence, and the idea of just "being the bigger person and turning the other cheek" is a tall ask when it comes to actual racist hate speech.

They were not dismissing concerns, they acknowledged multiple times that they made a mistake, but they were also brought into a tanfentual debate which people then started to try to spin as them dismissing people.

Sorry, genuinely, do not see what you do here. Which is why I asked...

if there is a specific post that actually shows them doing what you claim, please quote it directly. This isn't a trap or anything ridiculous like that, I honestly do not see your point.

Like I said, if that isn't what you're doing, I apologise.

So you don't believe anything I've highlighted is significant, or of concern. I, and others, do see it as concerning, and have issue with the way it was dealt with in such a dismissive way. The problem being, neither you, me, nor any other poster gets to dismiss peoples concerns off the hook if you don't share them.

I'm not going to run through repeating myself, and like I say, I'm not exactly alone. And -once again- I will state I am not trying to centre Nepenthe as some monster, I just don't like people attempting to dismiss others concerns completely offhand, with talk of "coming out the woodwork" and the like...

Nepenthe said:

This is entirely different than what you are implying, obviously nobody gives a shit if racists catch one. She is saying the article implied something and she is speaking on the implication, not what actually occurred. These are two different things.

Of course, because you were presenting it in a way that she didn't even mean lol, she doesn't think it was victim blaming and she doesn't owe you agreement. She admitted she had a different understanding of the article, if you want more than that that's your own problem. Her being an admin just means she does admin stuff, I don't know why you keep bringing that up like she has some special status, it's an internet forum lol she should be able to post like the rest of us, it doesn't mean she will always be right or people will always agree, you're taking this waaaay too far. If you care so much about how progressive this forum is then I'm sure you're familiar with Nepenthe being a big part of that for literal years so it's just weird people are so quick to throw her under the bus is all.

I have less of an issue with Nepenthe, than I do with posters such as yourself, dismissing criticism (Valid or not, it isn't up to you, or I, to decide) outright. Yes, Nepenthe just does "admin things" but they are a member of the sites staff, which means they're invariably held to a higher standard than the average member, if you don't understand why then... well, we'll leave it at that... if you do, however, understand that, then you'll get why some posters are finding it a bit ridiculous to see an admin be perceived to be victim blaming, and to be so dismissive about it.

I get Nepenthe might not think they've done anything wrong, but considering there are a fair few posters saying they see issue, there's obviously something that's ruffled feathers, and it is entirely disingenuous to try and paint that as "people coming out of the woodwork" when it could y'know, be people feeling a bit unhappy with a member of the sites staff being entirely dismissive to member concerns, with little explanation outside of "I thought I was right, I was wrong, but hey, sue me"

Anyway, as I have said -MULTIPLE TIMES- I don't actually think Nepenthe is any central issue here, and never even wanted to try and push that narrative, but if people dismiss posters outright, then it becomes annoying, especially if they're being painted as some secret cabal coming out of hiding.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

yes, getting a notification that your package has been delivered, asking the delivery person about your package, waiting 15 minutes, then asking them again is harassment

how horrible of this 67 year old woman to behave like this, what is this world coming to

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
yes, getting a notification that your package has been delivered, asking the delivery person about your package, waiting 15 minutes, then asking them again is harassment

how horrible of this 67 year old woman to behave like this, what is this world coming to
Someone in this thread referred to her as a Karen!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, if that isn't what you're doing, I apologise.

So you don't believe anything I've highlighted is significant, or of concern. I, and others, do see it as concerning, and have issue with the way it was dealt with in such a dismissive way. The problem being, neither you, me, nor any other poster gets to dismiss peoples concerns off the hook if you don't share them.

I'm not going to run through repeating myself, and like I say, I'm not exactly alone. And -once again- I will state I am not trying to centre Nepenthe as some monster, I just don't like people attempting to dismiss others concerns completely offhand, with talk of "coming out the woodwork" and the like...

I have less of an issue with Nepenthe, than I do with posters such as yourself, dismissing criticism (Valid or not, it isn't up to you, or I, to decide) outright. Yes, Nepenthe just does "admin things" but they are a member of the sites staff, which means they're invariably held to a higher standard than the average member, if you don't understand why then... well, we'll leave it at that... if you do, however, understand that, then you'll get why some posters are finding it a bit ridiculous to see an admin be perceived to be victim blaming, and to be so dismissive about it.

I get Nepenthe might not think they've done anything wrong, but considering there are a fair few posters saying they see issue, there's obviously something that's ruffled feathers, and it is entirely disingenuous to try and paint that as "people coming out of the woodwork" when it could y'know, be people feeling a bit unhappy with a member of the sites staff being entirely dismissive to member concerns, with little explanation outside of "I thought I was right, I was wrong, but hey, sue me"

Anyway, as I have said -MULTIPLE TIMES- I don't actually think Nepenthe is any central issue here, and never even wanted to try and push that narrative, but if people dismiss posters outright, then it becomes annoying, especially if they're being painted as some secret cabal coming out of hiding.
I do not see a single comment from them where they are dismissing someone, and no one has given a specific example of it. And by that I don't mean a description of what was said I mean a direct quote of an actual dismissal that warrants these concerns.

So I honestly do not understand because I cannot see it myself, that's all.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
lol o fucking l my guy. If that were the case then both of them would be in the hospital, but instead only the one that caught fists to the face is.

I just, I can't with this shit. I'm out before this gets any uglier. What a thread.
You left the thread a hero, because you clutched pearls over a hypothetical racist getting punched.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017

You're not even supposed to be confronting drivers yourself, it's supposed to be handled through Amazon customer service.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get to the point.

First, Menchi I straight up apologize for being a jerk to you. I was annoyed at the conflation between two different positions I had going on, and thus I read your post in an aggressive manner that, upon a re-read, obviously wasn't all that aggressive in the first place. You didn't deserve my attitude, so again I'm sorry. If something like this happens again, with you or anyone else, I'll be far more charitable and amenable regardless of how I feel I'm being read.

I also want to say it should be obvious that I don't think beating seniors all willy-nilly is okay. In this specific instance, a woman got suckerpunched in the back of the head over a negligible insult that resulted from a trivial issue with a package delivery. The whole situation is ridiculous and I think that the arrest of the driver was correct, and hopefully the victim didn't suffer significant long-term damage, physical or psychological, from the incident. Just as well, I apologize that in trying to explain myself, I contributed to the derailment of the thread. Regardless of my read of the article, my participation in an irrelevant tangent hurt others, and that wasn't okay, and I'll be more mindful of how these kinds of tangents can affect the course of a thread in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of folk are channeling their anger over the state of the world into this random old lady, yikes

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
You're not even supposed to be confronting drivers yourself, it's supposed to be handled through Amazon customer service.
I mean, from the article and footage, it would appear the Amazon driver was standing right outside the entrance to the building. In what world would someone not ask where the package was located if they received notice that the package was delivered and the driver was right outside their door? This thread is wild.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Gonna get to the point.

First, Menchi I straight up apologize for being a jerk to you. I was annoyed at the conflation between two different positions I had going on, and thus I read your post in an aggressive manner that, upon a re-read, obviously wasn't all that aggressive in the first place. You didn't deserve my attitude, so again I'm sorry. If something like this happens again, with you or anyone else, I'll be far more charitable and amenable regardless of how I feel I'm being read.

I also want to say it should be obvious that I don't think beating seniors all willy-nilly is okay. In this specific instance, a woman got suckerpunched in the back of the head over a negligible insult that resulted from a trivial issue with a package delivery. The whole situation is ridiculous and I think that the arrest of the driver was correct, and hopefully the victim didn't suffer significant long-term damage, physical or psychological, from the incident. Just as well, I apologize that in trying to explain myself, I contributed to the derailment of the thread. Regardless of my read of the article, my participation in an irrelevant tangent hurt others, and that wasn't okay, and I'll be more mindful of how these kinds of tangents can affect the course of a thread in the future.
Well said.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some class privilege in this thread. When you grow up struggling sometimes the only thing you have is your reputation. That is why you should never insult someone unless you are ready to throw hands.

Lady is out here getting shit pay for a tough job to have someone come out and call her a bitch? Nah.

The american justice system is literally built on the idea that we should hurt people who hurt people, to show that hurting people is wrong. Don't act all surprised when you get hurt saying hurtful shit. (Note: I believe our "justice" system is busted and we should abolish the police and prison. That said, I am not going to act surprised or try to take the moral high ground when obvious shit happens. This shit is engrained in our culture.)
When you go too much ERA

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, from the article and footage, it would appear the Amazon driver was standing right outside the entrance to the building. In what world would someone not ask where the package was located if they received notice that the package was delivered and the driver was right outside their door? This thread is wild.

Plus, like, contacting Amazon Customer Service makes it an official thing that they'll end up making some kind of record of and contacting the driver to explain. If you want your shit but don't want to risk getting the driver in trouble, going direct just makes more sense. Contacting CS when the driver is still right there only makes sense if you just want your shit and don't care about the consequences for the person doing the delivery.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Gonna get to the point.

I appreciate this post, and I just want to highlight again, I wasn't trying to centre you at all. Apologies if my repeated invocation of your name led to that none the less. Thank you Nepenthe

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Seems like a lot of folk are channeling their anger over the state of the world into this random old lady, yikes

There is definitely a shit ton of frustration in here. If I can recap what I am seeing...

1. Everyone agrees that what happened to the woman waiting for a package was unacceptable. I have not seen a post say anything to the contrary, feel free to point one out if I missed it.
  2. Everyone agrees that what the driver did was wrong. No one has said anything to the contrary, feel free to point out if I missed it.
  3. Some people in this thread mentioned that they are not surprised this happened, and mentioned that it doesn't seem far off from something they have seen in their own lived experience (I am in this group). There was also some discussion of other factors that may have led to the driver assaulting the old woman.
  4. Some people took #3 as a defense of this incident or as victim blaming, and seem to feel this thread is not a place to dig deeper into the issue.
It honestly feels like a some people in the #4 camp are reading posts in the worst possible light and assuming others are posting here in bad faith. We all agree on the most important pieces, which is that the person who was harmed should not have been harmed, and the person who caused harm was wrong for doing so. That we we are not using that as a baseline for further discussion into A) "What should be done to make things right?" and B) "How do we prevent this from happening in the future?" is more than a little disappointing to me.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
simply asking about your package isn't a "confrontation", what are you even talking about
literally inventing people and scenarios to get mad about instead of simply reading the post in the op

I really do not understand people on this forum sometimes

Rover

Oct 25, 2017

What can I say? Amazon literally tells you to contact them, not talk to a driver.

You can visit Find a Missing Package That Shows As Delivered for more information. If you checked these places, and you still can't locate your package, please contact us and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

To be clear the lady talking to the driver did not merit a beatdown of any kind, but talking to the driver gets in the way of a hectic schedule and they literally do not have a minute to spare. I really think people need to look at something like this and ask if the conditions Amazon puts on their drivers is boiling over.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
To be clear the lady talking to the driver did not merit a beatdown of any kind, but talking to the driver gets in the way of a hectic schedule and they literally do not have a minute to spare.

The driver in this story literally had 15 minutes to spare. And then for some reason decided to mark the package she hadn't delivered as delivered before going on a 15 minute break right there at the location she was supposed to deliver the package to.

Nothing
about this story has anything to do with Amazon as an organisation.

Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely a shit ton of frustration in here. If I can recap what I am seeing...

1. Everyone agrees that what happened to the woman waiting for a package was unacceptable. I have not seen a post say anything to the contrary, feel free to point one out if I missed it.
  2. Everyone agrees that what the driver did was wrong. No one has said anything to the contrary, feel free to point out if I missed it.
  3. Some people in this thread mentioned that they are not surprised this happened, and mentioned that it doesn't seem far off from something they have seen in their own lived experience (I am in this group). There was also some discussion of other factors that may have led to the driver assaulting the old woman.
  4. Some people took #3 as a defense of this incident or as victim blaming, and seem to feel this thread is not a place to dig deeper into the issue.
It honestly feels like a some people in the #4 camp are reading posts in the worst possible light and assuming others are posting here in bad faith. We all agree on the most important pieces, which is that the person who was harmed should not have been harmed, and the person who caused harm was wrong for doing so. That we we are not using that as a baseline for further discussion into A) "What should be done to make things right?" and B) "How do we prevent this from happening in the future?" is more than a little disappointing to me.
Post #6 for one

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Plus, like, contacting Amazon Customer Service makes it an official thing that they'll end up making some kind of record of and contacting the driver to explain. If you want your shit but don't want to risk getting the driver in trouble, going direct just makes more sense. Contacting CS when the driver is still right there only makes sense if you just want your shit and don't care about the consequences for the person doing the delivery.

People already don't care about what they do to delivery people. I can tell you that from personal experience. And going by other threads about delivery people on this forum it's very clear that the majority think it's some lazy job where everyone's a thief stealing shit and the worst is immediately assumed and every service is garbage. Like, this instance is literally the only time on this site where there's absolute proof that the courier is terrible and deserves to be fired based on actions at the very least.

I'd also like to say that people "confront" couriers about their packages all the time. Even when they don't even know if the courier even has something for them. They don't even know what service we are or who's delivering their stuff. I've been accused of stealing packages because I'm delivering something next door and someone comes over to ask me where their stuff is and it turns out they're waiting for a totally different company. I've been flagged down and pulled over by these people, I've had people ask me in stores, I've had people pull up on me while I'm on break trying to sleep slumped over in the seat. Don't ever fucking do this. Just leave couriers alone.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
simply asking about your package isn't a "confrontation", what are you even talking about

What would you call it? They exchanged barbs, that much is pretty clear to me. I'd call that a confrontation. But it's not about blame, it's that Amazon doesn't want you doing that, let alone talking to drivers.

Oct 25, 2017
it's that Amazon doesn't want you doing that, let alone talking to drivers.

you keep on making that claim but the text you quoted is very clearly not making any attempt to preclude you from asking the driver if they are right there.

"you can contact support" is not "don't ask the driver under any circumstance"

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
What would you call it? They exchanged barbs, that much is pretty clear to me. I'd call that a confrontation. But it's not about blame, it's that Amazon doesn't want you doing that, let alone talking to drivers.

I just totally disagree here, the person didn't exchange barbs until after they asked a simple question.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
"Hello. I got a notification about my package being delivered but I don't see it in the lobby. Could you help me?"

"GOD. STOP CONFRONTING ME!!"

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

You can frame it how you like. Unless the belief here is their package was NOT going to be delivered, this thread and the other thread wouldn't exist if said delivery people were given the opportunity to complete their jobs. It's been said in this thread. There could be many reasons this delivery took a little longer(a 15 minute window no from the person asking the second time). That doesn't excuse what ended up being assault here.

Status
Not open for further replies.