• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3345

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I once ordered oil and an oil filter for my car. I decided to get started draining the oil while I waited for the package in my driveway. Next thing I know some one hops out of a Camry and hands me my package. I hate the way Amazon contracts random people to deliver you packages, I'd rather deal with the headache USPS can be.

How is it different than any courier service?

Oct 27, 2017
How is it different than any courier service?
It might just be me but I know the two USPS guys who deliver my mail every week and it's usually the same FedEx or UPS guys who run the same route who deliver to my house. It's not just that though it's just weird to me having random people in random cars drop packages off than some one in the same uniform and same delivery vehicle every time doing it. There's also no way I'd let some one in my house to just drop a package off so I'm out on the whole Amazon key thing.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It might just be me but I know the two USPS guys who deliver my mail every week and it's usually the same FedEx or UPS guys who run the same route who deliver to my house. It's not just that though it's just weird to me having random people in random cars drop packages off than some one in the same uniform and same delivery vehicle every time doing it. There's also no way I'd let some one in my house to just drop a package off so I'm out on the whole Amazon key thing.

Yea, I guess. I use couriers for work every now and then, and it's always randos in their personal vehicles.

Amazon still shitting on their customer base, I see.

If anything, we as one nation should be giving this person a raise, if not outright protesting that she should become the new acting head of the company.

My issues with their delivery and lack of packaging this past year are well documented in another thread.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suspect there is more going on here. Amazon probably has the delivery driver on such a tight schedule that taking time to use the bathroom would get them fired so she did what she had to do.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe everywhere she went had those squishy seats and she didn't like those because it's like you're pressing your butt against another persons butt and pooping into their butt

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
10/10 times im probably going to poop onto the ground before i soil my pants, so I can't really blame her.

Should she have cleaned up her mess? Yes. I imagine she was filled with shame and embarrassment and just wanted to get out of there ASAP.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Almost a year out from working there and I can see Amazon's delivery service is still awful.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I actually feel bad for the delivery driver. I mean they must have been super desperate to do something like that, and it speaks volume to Amazon's own sort of policy. The reality of the situation is that you can't have your cake and eat it Amazon. You need to be able to pay your workers or contractors fairly and treat them like human beings. That is give them 10-15 mins break every few hours at least. It's how you create a loyal employee that will do the job correctly.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon is using dump trucks now?

6XBjtUh.gif

ig55

Oct 27, 2017
Woweee, what editor at the NY Daily News thought this was newsworthy or even remotely worth publishing anywhere? Were they literally just going "hehe poop"?

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Amzl is so fucking bad. I don't blame the workers but the last 4 or 5 packages have been at least a day late. Fuck am I even paying Prime for now?

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon's standards for the delivery services they use are just rock-bottom. Half of our deliveries have something wrong with them, and this is in Manhattan.

Now if they would establish their own fleet of trained and vetted drivers/delivery staff, I would gladly accept earth's new overlord.

I am glad I can use DHL here and it always is perfect, even if they aren't the perfect company either. Simple things like store pick up, signature check, etc. . Hell, they use these electric panels (looks like a credit card reader, multi functional) where you have to sign your package and they scan a unique code for your package to prove they delivered and you accepted it. They have to use an official slip of paper with said code on it if they drop it of at some neighbor, including signature, etc. . Always helpful if an elderly person lives in your house and can accept packages. =)

What others mentioned is probably true, she was time constrained and really had to go. It is a simply human and need and she shouldn't get punished for it. Sadly I already read in this thread she got "dealt with". =(

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is no regulation. You will get missing items. You will receive groceries that stink of smoke. You will get frozen goods that are half melted. Amazon needs to stop doing this shit.
While I'm sure this happens, I've used Amazon Prime Now 2 hour shipping pretty close to 50 times I'd imagine, and I've always gotten everything. I did have it arrive later than the 2 hour window once, which was last month. I let it slide, but if it happens again I'll call.

As long as nobody gives me shitty service like this I'll continue to use the service.
Maybe everywhere she went had those squishy seats and she didn't like those because it's like you're pressing your butt against another persons butt and pooping into their butt
I... Uhh... What...

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
My job has me working outside for most my day in different locations. We have a bag we can order to line in a bucket to poop into if needed. Never have I used it... But I do have one in case lol. I have used the bag to pee in many times though.

Depending on the location you can't always just swing by your local McDonald's and use the bathroom unless your buying stuff and I try to find known clean locations lol. Its no fun.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. how tf is this national news.....if I saw some guy dropping a deuce i'd be like ok and just not look, unless it's like on my porch or something where the intention is clearly to be disrespectful

I get that amazon's employment services are extremely questionable, but come on, making a mockery of this dude for taking a shit?

megloveszelda

Nov 1, 2017
I was composed throughout reading and then I got to the end where they offered him a gift card and oh man. That got me good.