• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. how tf is this national news.....if I saw some guy dropping a deuce i'd be like ok and just not look, unless it's like on my porch or something where the intention is clearly to be disrespectful

I get that amazon's employment services are extremely questionable, but come on, making a mockery of this dude for taking a shit?

It is in front of a house, in broad daylight..

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds more like a company problem than the employee's problem.

They have been acting weird lately with my deliveries and I've so far gotten my money back on items claimed to have been delivered when they weren't.. or receiving parcels that were empty!

But...
Amazon drivers forced to deliver 200 parcels a day with no time for toilet breaks while earning less than minimum wage

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/amazon-drivers-forced-deliver-200-11668823

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37708996

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-41126934

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
They have been acting weird lately with my deliveries and I've so far gotten my money back on items claimed to have been delivered when they weren't.. or receiving parcels that were empty!

But...
Amazon drivers forced to deliver 200 parcels a day with no time for toilet breaks while earning less than minimum wage

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/amazon-drivers-forced-deliver-200-11668823

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37708996

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-41126934

Sigh. If anything, their in-house Amazon Prime delivery drivers should be treated better in every conceivable fashion than standard parcel drivers.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. If anything, their in-house Amazon Prime delivery drivers should be treated better in every conceivable fashion than standard parcel drivers.

The delivery giant, which makes £7.3billion a year, does not employ them directly but uses an army of agencies instead. These agencies recruit drivers who work via an Amazon app and follow a delivery route set by the company.

Amazon, which uses agencies such as AHC to deliver parcels to customers

This like getting mad at apple cause Foxconn installed suicide nets, but not caring that Google uses foxconn too.[/QUOTE]

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know that those workers are overworked as hell but my experience with Amazon logistics was shit as well.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Ha, this just happened to me last week. Last Sunday one of their contract drivers delivered one of those yellow bubble mailers at 10pm. Luckily I got notified on my phone, went to get it and it was empty. They delivered an empty yellow mailer next to my door.

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even if they're overworked they can shit in a bag in the car or something. This is disgusting and unforgivable behavior. I hope they got fired for this.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I mean is it really that big of a deal? I do not think it was intended towards this home owner it just happened to be where it happened. You talk to the driver and say lets not do that again but I am sure there is a reason she had to do that. Its just a shit... the supervisor came out and did what they could and you had to wash it away. So take the free gift card, have a laugh and lets move on.

Unless this driver has a pattern of this behavior I would consider it an emergency situation. I know I have been in a situation where if I was not able to find a toilet I dont know what I would do. Again.. if this was a customer who complained in the past and this was retaliation for some reason then my opinion changes. Otherwise.. lets giggle and move on.

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of assumptions built into this response. Can you support them? If you can provide evidence, I'll agree with you.
When you order a package and a parcel driver shits on your porch, that's the driver taking their issues with their employer, and punishing the customer.

Can't believe I have to explain this

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I said this in the thread about Amazon letting themselves into your home to deliver packages and I'll say it again, they will use your toilet and stink up your house. This just confirms it.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
When you order a package and a parcel driver shits on your porch, that's the driver taking their issues with their employer, and punishing the customer.

It was not on a porch, it was in the street in front of the house.

Question, if your in a must poop situation, are you pooping on the ground or are you pooping your pants. Keep in mind you are on the job and can't afford to go home for the day.

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was not on a porch, it was in the street in front of the house.

Question, if your in a must poop situation, are you pooping on the ground or are you pooping your pants. Keep in mind you are on the job and can't afford to go home for the day.
In this hypothetical situation I would A) shit in a bag in the car, or B) shit around a corner in a more private place than IN FRONT OF THE DELIVERY HOUSE.

hell, even the neighbors house would have been more chill.

Or a bathroom?

Ilovehotmoms

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Did you even watch the video ? Or read the OP

Driver shit in the street at the end of the driveway not the porch

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sooooo AMZL US uses $19.95 rental rate U-HAUL vans for their deliveries??? Amazon doesn't have the money to have Amazon-branded delivery vehicles for their AMZL shipping service???

They're just independent contractors. Most of mine packages just come from people in their personal cars.

But yes, it's Amazon finding ways to cut corners and save money on shipping costs as it's cheaper than using USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL etc. and cheaper than buying and maintaining their own feel to delivery vehicles and hiring full time drivers.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
In this hypothetical situation I would A) shit in a bag in the car, or B) shit around a corner in a more private place than IN FRONT OF THE DELIVERY HOUSE.

hell, even the neighbors house would have been more chill.

Or a bathroom?

What if you had no bag and it was coming out right then and there.....

Im only saying this because we simply do not know the circumstances. To just assume there were better options at the moment is kinda silly. For all we know, that was the person's very best option at that moment of time.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
I said this in the thread about Amazon letting themselves into your home to deliver packages and I'll say it again, they will use your toilet and stink up your house. This just confirms it.

Except these people have zero time for breaks to drink your milk and have a luxurious shit on an actual toilet.

I worked a contract job that had a tight monitored schedule where I couldn't spare time to eat all day and had to hold in shits too.

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What if you had no bag and it was coming out right then and there.....

Im only saying this because we simply do not know the circumstances. To just assume there were better options at the moment is kinda silly. For all we know, that was the person's very best option at that moment of time.
You know well in advance when you're about to shit. It's not just "oh dang I must run to a bathroom in the next 2 minutes" it's "I just ate 4 beefy cheese and rice burritos, I'll probably have to shit in the next hour or so"

Unless this driver has a condition, this is completely over the line and they should be punished for it.