Amazon Germany lists upcoming GTA V Premium Edition for PS4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Planet, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Planet

Planet Member Original Poster

2. Vishmarx

Vishmarx Member

why not....
  3. Wander

Wander Member

Oh God if this means a switch version...
  4. Caayn

Caayn Member

If this is real will we finally see PS4 Pro and XB1X patches.

KALOSMANI Member

Why would it mean a Switch version?
  6. Nightbird

Nightbird Member

But why?
  7. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

Would be my guess.
    A patch and some GTA Online stuff included.
  8. Vishmarx

Vishmarx Member

9. Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey Member

10. KoolAid

KoolAid Member

Probably regular GTA with a bunch of Shark cards to justify selling it at full price.
  11. Phamit

Phamit Member

Probably price of GTAV isn't high enough anymore, so they throw in some stuff and sell a higher priced version
  12. shinun

shinun Member

lol mods. that was not a port begging. it is a speculation
  13. Reinhard

Reinhard Member

Let me guess, it will just be the original version with $20 worth of shark card currency and no Pro/X updates...
  14. Planet

But why would that justify a full price listing? Even though the game had a relatively stable price over time, you often had good deals and I can't see high demand for paying higher prices just because more stuff is already on disc. Bundles with Shark Cards also are quite common already.

If we assume this isn't just a bullshit listing, it has to include something of value. If they are making a Pro / X patch exclusive to a rerelease they would get a mighty shitstorm and deservedly so. So what would be in such a box that you can't have with the base version? Strange...
  15. Mendrox

Mendrox Member

Easy - some form of currency for GTA Online, a cool exclusive car, etc.
  16. pelicanUK

pelicanUK Member

17. jesu

jesu Member

Shark Cards
  18. Ertai

Ertai Member

19. Planet

That would be super scummy, locking such small content behind a full price rerelease.
  20. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

Nah they won't be stupid enough to have a pro/x1 patch being exclusive to this package, but they will certainly offer some exclusive GTA online stuff plus stuff like the Shark Card and the likes.
    Bascially a package for newcomers that are new to GTA and get a good headstart.

Also there is only the X1/PS4 PEGI and USK version listed, so no need to even speculate about the Switch.
  21. Isee

Isee Member

extra multiplayer cash, cars and an apartment?
  22. pld

pld Member

Interesting, maybe we will get a definitive edition for PS4, Xbox (Pro and X enhancements) and a Switch version. So basically the Darks Souls and LA Noire route.
    Probably something like that. There hasn't been any single player DLC, has there?
  24. 2Blackcats

2Blackcats Member

No. :(
  25. Mendrox

Mendrox Member

Hello Rockstar! :) It's not like their current GTA Online system is scummy and people spend thousands of dollars so it wouldn't surprise me.
  26. Richter1887

Richter1887 Member

The new Rockstar works like that. It is called premium for a reason.What the game comes with will be a couple of cars and weapons, a high end safe house and some kind of business property and GTA dollars.

New Rockstar sucks.
  27. Bedameister

Bedameister Member

If that means that the base version will get cheaper I'm all for it. Feel like the only person in the world who hasn't played this. I don't need any online crap.
  28. deadmonkeyuk

deadmonkeyuk Member

We have a product for people who want GTA single player DLC, it's called Xbox 360.
  29. Richter1887

Richter1887 Member

Even that doesn't have it...

Fucked up.
  30. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex Member

I think he's probably referring to the GTA4 single player DLC. Which is actually likely the reason why we never got it with GTAV.
  31. deadmonkeyuk

deadmonkeyuk Member

I was meaning GTA 4 DLC on 360.
  32. Richter1887

Richter1887 Member

Oh, I get it.

Such a shame they didn't make any SP dlc. The game would have gone from a 6 into a 9.
  33. Emperor Ham

Emperor Ham Member

Vern has been hinting at GTA 5 for Switch since last year.
  34. Isee

Isee Member

Sadly no.
  35. BLLYjoe25

BLLYjoe25 Banned Member

well that didn't take long. the amount of switch port begging is crazy.
  36. Planet

The only interesting prospect of this for me is a Pro patch. I still haven't finished the story. If this is real, a patch would be very likely.
  37. pld

pld Member

That's not a port beg but speculation which is fair considering how often and long a Switch version has been rumored already.
  38. Richter1887

Richter1887 Member

I really don't see this happening. If they really wanted to, they could have added it in one of the past updates. The fact they didn't make me feel it would never happen.

This is real btw.
  39. X1 Two

X1 Two Banned Member

You're kidding yourself when you think this will include DLC or anything of the sort when Rockstar is already scrambling to finish RDR2.
  40. MisterHero

MisterHero Member

They already do a GTAO Beginner’s Pack on Steam, maybe that’s what it is.
  41. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex Member

They were planning it at some point. But I think since they did the porting of the current gen versions internally and because GTAO took office it just meant that they kinda pushed it aside. Plus like I mentioned, GTA4's had to play a role. While they never gave specific figures for how it did, TT said that it wasn't as successful as they'd thought. So that likely made them hesitant to pull the trigger on more single player DLC given just how well GTAO is doing.
  42. Planet

X1 Two
    And you are kidding yourself when you think that Rockstar will just drop GTA V because RDR2 is coming out. It's still selling truckloads!
  43. TheFireman

TheFireman Member

I could see it happening for a number of reasons
    1) They might have wanted to wait until both enhanced consoles were out
    2) Adding enhanced modes along with goodies in a re-release would encourage anyone who swapped (XBO to PS4Pro, PS4 to XB1X) to double dip
    3) Adding enhanced modes means that players on the upgraded consoles will want to try them out, just bringing them online where they can spend money on microtransactions
  44. ManCityX

ManCityX Member

Mentions of a Switch version...

GTA V is around 63gb in size. Won't be on Switch until the 64gb cartridges are on offer from Nintendo next year and maybe even after they go down in price even.
  45. Nintendo

Nintendo Member

Maybe it's the game + DLC in the disc + Shark Card code.
  46. Bedameister

Bedameister Member

How do you know the Switch version has the same size as the PS4/X1 version? because I don't think so.
  47. Tecnniqe

Tecnniqe Community Resettler Member

Enhanced edition + shark cards = premium?
  48. Pottuvoi

Pottuvoi Member

Would be nice.
  49. Martl

Martl Member

I bet this will set the sales charts on fire.
  50. Caayn

Caayn Member

Last gen version fitted on two DVDs so about 16GB.