• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
So it'll be "4K" and 60fps on the enhanced consoles?
Will there be optimisations for base consoles?
There's probably more chance of a Switch version than single player dlc.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it'll be "4K" and 60fps on the enhanced consoles?
Will there be optimisations for base consoles?
There's probably more chance of a Switch version than single player dlc.
I'd say chances for a switch version are as slim as the odds of single-player DLC coming out. R* might be a huge developer, but between further developing GTA Online and finishing RDR2, where's the manpower for either of those two other things?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say chances for a switch version are as slim as the odds of single-player DLC coming out. R* might be a huge developer, but between further developing GTA Online and finishing RDR2, where's the manpower for either of those two other things?
Skyrim, L.A Noire, Rocke League, Doom, Dark Souls etc. were all ported over by contracted outside dev teams. Why do you think it would be different with GTA V ?

Once the game is ported R* could still manage the maintenance like it happened with Rocket League.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do you think it would be different with GTA V ?
I personally think it's a very different beast to port because it's R*'s most ambitious game to date. I'm not sure other developers could port it (or rather, maybe any dev could, given enough time and resources, but does R* and T2 think it's worth it? So far, the answer seems to be no).

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Is GTAV the new Skyrim?

I don't think it will come to Switch, at least not until the Online services are up and running and tested.

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have any indications though that we're finally gonna see V enhanced for Pro and X? For all we know it's just a re-release for God knows what reason.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I personally think it's a very different beast to port because it's R*'s most ambitious game to date. I'm not sure other developers could port it (or rather, maybe any dev could, given enough time and resources, but does R* and T2 think it's worth it? So far, the answer seems to be no).
I think we know that Take 2 and Rockstar are ready to support the system if it makes sense for them otherwise they wouldnt have bothered with 2K or LA.Noire. Add in the legs of Rockstar and the lack for that kind of experience on the system...i dont think its thats unlikely, but i also dont see this being announced before e3.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is blatantly going to end up being nothing but the game with the criminal enterprise pack.

They want to get people into GTA:O who are put off by what they see/read about the high entry requirements, this pack would bypass that and put them right in the mix for taking money from their wallets.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Calling it Premium sounds like their version of "Complete Edition".

If in fact they planned a Switch version, waiting to have all the DLC they could possibly include for it would be key since it's release on a cartridge or otherwise be limited to SD card storage.

Also have Pro /X1X support on disc would be nice, as things like textures may see a bump (especially on X1X since it has the additional RAM) might increase size for those versions. Perhaps offered as optional download for existing copies if you're on the Pro/X1X.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't you gotten enough money from this Rockstar? Why make another edition of a game that makes you a ton of money when you could make a new entry in a series that doesn't make you a lot of money....

GIVE US BULLY 2

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I know gta 5 does not have story dlc, it would be nice if they would at least update story mode with half the content online gets.

Maxi

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing it will just be with a bunch of GTA:O goodies and some bonus shark cards.

Maybe co-inside with a XBX/PS4 Pro patch so they can stick "enhanced graphics" on the box.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guessing it will just be with a bunch of GTA:O goodies and some bonus shark cards.

Maybe co-inside with a XBX/PS4 Pro patch so they can stick "enhanced graphics" on the box.

That's what I'm thinking. Re-launch GTA5 with the pro patches and include some online goodies.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe they'll make the multiplayer free to play and this will be some shark cards and the single player campaign....

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Completely forgot GTAV doesn't even have Pro/OneX support. All those early comparisons where of course PS3/360 vs next gen.

I would take a second look at GTAV if this became a thing, maybe even buy an all new version of the updates and upgrades justified it.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I love the game and everything, but holy shit is it time to look forward to GTAVI and not revisit V. V feels like such old news to me now.

Sounds like a long ways off, but I'm hoping for at least a year after rdr2 that we get to see something concrete.

Then again if rdr 2 online for some reason takes off... Well hopefully it doesn't impact gta 6, im ready for a new gta.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
This is 99% likely the edition that comes with the criminal enterprise pack, which just basically adds like $10m of credits but in the form of a DLC code which redeems actual items I think, like you get a HQ and some other stuff. It was a huge seller here in the US over the holidays.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully if it happens existing versions will also get an update. Not going to buy the game a third time.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The game is GTA 5. It's not been on a nintendo console.

The announcement is a new PS4.

You somehow made this about port begging, I'm impressed.
The game has been rumored for a while even by reliable insiders on this very forum to be coming to the Switch.

This could definitely be lined up with that