• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.amazon.de/Grand-Theft-Auto-Premium-PlayStation/dp/B079W5RRS9/

gtavpremiumu8r5i.png

What is happening here? Is this just a bogus listing?

EDIT: there are 4 listings of this item, PS4 and Xbox One each with AT-PEGI and USK (regular German) Editions.

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Probably regular GTA with a bunch of Shark cards to justify selling it at full price.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Probably price of GTAV isn't high enough anymore, so they throw in some stuff and sell a higher priced version

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Let me guess, it will just be the original version with $20 worth of shark card currency and no Pro/X updates...

OP
OP
Planet

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
But why would that justify a full price listing? Even though the game had a relatively stable price over time, you often had good deals and I can't see high demand for paying higher prices just because more stuff is already on disc. Bundles with Shark Cards also are quite common already.

If we assume this isn't just a bullshit listing, it has to include something of value. If they are making a Pro / X patch exclusive to a rerelease they would get a mighty shitstorm and deservedly so. So what would be in such a box that you can't have with the base version? Strange...

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But why would that justify a full price listing? Even though the game had a relatively stable price over time, you often had good deals and I can't see high demand for paying higher prices just because more stuff is already on disc. If we assume this isn't just a bullshit listing, it has to include something of value. If they are making a Pro / X patch exclusive to a rerelease they would get a mighty shitstorm and deservedly so. So what would be in such a box that you can't have with the base version? Strange...

Easy - some form of currency for GTA Online, a cool exclusive car, etc.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
But why would that justify a full price listing? Even though the game had a relatively stable price over time, you often had good deals and I can't see high demand for paying higher prices just because more stuff is already on disc. Bundles with Shark Cards also are quite common already.

If we assume this isn't just a bullshit listing, it has to include something of value. If they are making a Pro / X patch exclusive to a rerelease they would get a mighty shitstorm and deservedly so. So what would be in such a box that you can't have with the base version? Strange...

Shark Cards

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017

Nah they won't be stupid enough to have a pro/x1 patch being exclusive to this package, but they will certainly offer some exclusive GTA online stuff plus stuff like the Shark Card and the likes.
Bascially a package for newcomers that are new to GTA and get a good headstart.

Also there is only the X1/PS4 PEGI and USK version listed, so no need to even speculate about the Switch.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, maybe we will get a definitive edition for PS4, Xbox (Pro and X enhancements) and a Switch version. So basically the Darks Souls and LA Noire route.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The new Rockstar works like that. It is called premium for a reason.What the game comes with will be a couple of cars and weapons, a high end safe house and some kind of business property and GTA dollars.

New Rockstar sucks.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If that means that the base version will get cheaper I'm all for it. Feel like the only person in the world who hasn't played this. I don't need any online crap.

OP
OP
Planet

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
The only interesting prospect of this for me is a Pro patch. I still haven't finished the story. If this is real, a patch would be very likely.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only interesting prospect of this for me is a Pro patch. I still haven't finished the story. If this is real, a patch would be very likely.
I really don't see this happening. If they really wanted to, they could have added it in one of the past updates. The fact they didn't make me feel it would never happen.

This is real btw.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're kidding yourself when you think this will include DLC or anything of the sort when Rockstar is already scrambling to finish RDR2.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Nah they won't be stupid enough to have a pro/x1 patch being exclusive to this package, but they will certainly offer some exclusive GTA online stuff plus stuff like the Shark Card and the likes.
Bascially a package for newcomers that are new to GTA and get a good headstart.
They already do a GTAO Beginner's Pack on Steam, maybe that's what it is.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I get it.

Such a shame they didn't make any SP dlc. The game would have gone from a 6 into a 9.

They were planning it at some point. But I think since they did the porting of the current gen versions internally and because GTAO took office it just meant that they kinda pushed it aside. Plus like I mentioned, GTA4's had to play a role. While they never gave specific figures for how it did, TT said that it wasn't as successful as they'd thought. So that likely made them hesitant to pull the trigger on more single player DLC given just how well GTAO is doing.

OP
OP
Planet

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
X1 Two
And you are kidding yourself when you think that Rockstar will just drop GTA V because RDR2 is coming out. It's still selling truckloads!

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I really don't see this happening. If they really wanted to, they could have added it in one of the past updates. The fact they didn't make me feel it would never happen.

This is real btw.

I could see it happening for a number of reasons
1) They might have wanted to wait until both enhanced consoles were out
2) Adding enhanced modes along with goodies in a re-release would encourage anyone who swapped (XBO to PS4Pro, PS4 to XB1X) to double dip
3) Adding enhanced modes means that players on the upgraded consoles will want to try them out, just bringing them online where they can spend money on microtransactions

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Mentions of a Switch version...

GTA V is around 63gb in size. Won't be on Switch until the 64gb cartridges are on offer from Nintendo next year and maybe even after they go down in price even.