• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
This isn't shocking, Amazon deals with knock-off physical goods as well.

There are a number of people who have bought counterfeit board games from Amazon, I've definitely gotten counterfeit clothing and cosmetic goods as well.

I *like* Amazon, but they need to get a handle on this stuff or it will eventually harm their business model.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Yeah just got the emails as well, three $10 gift cards. Never installed the games once I found out they were pirated.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure why people would buy digital copies of games off of Amazon in the first place, I always think of it as a place to get physical items myself.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
This is the first time I've ever heard of amazon selling pirated copies, so im fucking suprised at the multiple claims of "theyve been doing this before" claims.
How can I identify these pirated copies?
I'm assuming by who the retailer is obviously

Iceman2343

Oct 27, 2017
I just had bought Battle Chasers, and just got a refund for the $2.99. I did not get a gift card for 10$ as far as I can tell, but I never contacted Amazon or downloaded the game.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Got that $10, phew.

I'm not sure why people would buy digital copies of games off of Amazon in the first place, I always think of it as a place to get physical items myself.
Deals, having Amazon credit, lack of tax. Also the difference between this and typical digital purchases is this was selling the content directly as offering a key to redeem on another platform.