• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to get myself too hyped. However, it is very clear that what they've announced for 2018 so far isn't exactly a lot. Fire Emblem is a fairly big title, Yoshi and Kirby will appeal to Nintendo fans, but there haven't been many solid announcements that are on the level of Zelda or Mario and we don't yet know whether Pokemon will hit 2018 yet.

So clearly they've got a lot more up their sleeves than that. They wouldn't be making all these huge predictions about sales unless they felt confident that they could keep the momentum going and they need to have a lot more than Yoshi, Kirby and Fire Emblem to keep it going. I'm not talking about quantity - obviously they will release more than just those 3, but they need some huge titles in 2018: tentpole titles.

Pokemon would fit that bill but, as I said, we just don't know when that will happen. As far as unannounced stuff, really big titles? Animal Crossing and Smash both leap to mind. Also, perhaps they have some big third party exclusive cooking - perhaps FROM are making a souls inspired / Souls STYLE game (even if it isn't a "souls" game) which is exclusive to the Switch? The success of the Souls series has propelled FROM into the top tier of devs - a Switch exclusive FROM title would be pretty huge news.

It's going to be an interesting month!

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One of them will likely be for the new Fire Emblem, another will be for the Switch version of VC4.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Is this reaction not all a bit much? Is there any chance Amazon are just making listings so if Nintendo do have a direct it'll be easy to update quickly?
It's mostly the different price points which serve no purpose if they have no infomation the that the seemingly did this for the other directs but noone really shone any light on it.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Is this reaction not all a bit much? Is there any chance Amazon are just making listings so if Nintendo do have a direct it'll be easy to update quickly?

The naming, numbering (not starting at #1), and pricing tiers are way too specific to be a random placeholder. It's true that the pic looks to be reused from the January 2017 event but the rest looks legit.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017

They likely wouldn't have bothered being so specific with naming / price points without some info. It wouldn't be worth it. They've obviously been told there are games coming and what sort of SKUs to expect.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got your hot fresh leaks right here:

-Mother 3
-Mother 4
-Mother 5
-Mother 6
-Mother 7
-Mother 8
-Mother 9
-Mother Kart
-Mother Party
-Mother Tennis
-Motherblade Chronicles
-Mother Gear Solid: The Twin Ropesnakes HD

6cqXXky.jpg

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I would like to, but I won't be.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimis...tarted-thinking-about-next-console-much-more/

"next year, Nintendo would like to offer new kinds of gameplay that make use of the Joy-Con's features such as HD Rumble and the motion-tracking camera"

This is just the last time Kimishima said it, but there have been multiple interviews this past year from different people at Nintendo all saying just about the same thing - 2018 will see several games from Nintendo with "new ways to play" and such.

I fully expect these to be shown in the January direct.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
these are specific skus so they are associated with a title. They don't just put up random things.

Why would Amazon make something up? That makes no sense, people stop trying to talk yourself out of this being real, its real we just dont know when its happening

Amazon does not make up stuff like this, they've been informed new games are coming.

It's mostly the different price points which serve no purpose if they have no infomation the that the seemingly did this for the other directs but noone really shone any light on it.

The naming, numbering (not starting at #1), and pricing tiers are way too specific to be a random placeholder. It's true that the pic looks to be reused from the January 2017 event but the rest looks legit.

They likely wouldn't have bothered being so specific with naming / price points without some info. It wouldn't be worth it. They've obviously been told there are games coming and what sort of SKUs to expect.

Right, consider me thoroughly corrected then. I assumed Amazon would put up a listing to fill in later without clear info but apparently they do not do that. Fair enough I'll be hyped then.

Still, I expect, like, four of these to be hd rumble dog petting nintendogs.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good chance at a Tropical Freeze port? I missed it on Wii U and it's pretty much the only game I regret not playing when I had the chance. Would be down for Smash and Captain Toad as well.

...but you know what would absolutely destroy my life? Give me a Civ game on Switch.

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Pretty good chance at a Tropical Freeze port? I missed it on Wii U and it's pretty much the only game I regret not playing when I had the chance. Would be down for Smash and Captain Toad as well.

...but you know what would absolutely destroy my life? Give me a Civ game on Switch.
I'm anticipating a new Donkey Kong title, but I'll gladly take a Tropical Freeze port. A Donkey Kong Country Returns + Tropical Freeze combo pack would be ideal.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
3-4 Switch
5-6 Switch
7-8 Switch
9-10 Switch
11-12 Switch
13-14 Switch
15-16 Switch
17-18 Switch
19-20 Switch
21-22 Switch
Etc.

"Next year, Nintendo would like to offer new kinds of gameplay that make use of the Joy-Con's features such as HD Rumble and the motion-tracking camera" (Kimishima, December 2017 Interview)

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You get one dream announcement put of the 18, what do you choose?

My pick:

Zelda Maker - Based off the BotW prototype, let's players create dungeons and overworlds in classic 2D Zelda fashion, with graphics from TLoZ, ALttP, LA, and the DS games.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I hope these are real placeholders. 18 unannounced games is hype for a great direct to start 2018.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
You get one dream announcement put of the 18, what do you choose?

My pick:

Zelda Maker - Based off the BotW prototype, let's players create dungeons and overworlds in classic 2D Zelda fashion, with graphics from TLoZ, ALttP, LA, and the DS games.

I don't see how people think this is a good idea, people struggle to make one good Mario level, let alone a whole dungeon or an overworld. It would be awful in most instances.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to, but I won't be.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimis...tarted-thinking-about-next-console-much-more/

"next year, Nintendo would like to offer new kinds of gameplay that make use of the Joy-Con's features such as HD Rumble and the motion-tracking camera"

This is just the last time Kimishima said it, but there have been multiple interviews this past year from different people at Nintendo all saying just about the same thing - 2018 will see several games from Nintendo with "new ways to play" and such.

I fully expect these to be shown in the January direct.
Wario Ware Switched
Mario Party 11
Pikmin 4
Fatal Frame 6

Here's your new way to play with Joy-cons games.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
But I was told in past forums that Nintendo had nothing to offer for 2018?

I'm personally halving this number to be Physical/digital versions, some might have special editions. So I expect this to be actually 6-7 first party titles for 2018.

Edit: Unannounced titles since games like Kirby, Yoshi, Bayonetta and Metroid Prime 4 already have placeholders.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
In regards to that Dark Souls remaster rumour, wasn't that already debunked? Wasn't it supposed to be revealed during that Namco event like the insiders/rumours were saying?

Tropical Freeze has a very good chance of getting ported. Literally every DKC game has gotten a portable revision, and it just seems like a series that Nintendo thinks is a good fit for their portable hardware. Beyond that, I think they're probably aware that the initially lukewarm reception of the game has given way to widespread acclaim, with some (including myself) calling it one of the best 2D platformers ever, let alone the best DKC game. Also, it literally didn't even use the Gamepad (it actually turns the Gamepad off if you play on your TV, lol) so it would be less work to port than most Wii U games.

Status
Not open for further replies.