• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. I don't know if I'd go with "Rumor" in the thread title any more considering the placeholder image pretty much confirms it. This is shaping up to be an amazing show.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was a January direct confirmed? If so, do we know when in January it's supposed to be? Probably at the end of the month?

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was a January direct confirmed? If so, do we know when in January it's supposed to be? Probably at the end of the month?
No, but traditionally there is a history of Nintendo doing January Directs, and a January Direct was leaked by multiple sources. It will probably be in the second or third week of January.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are going to blow this January Direct up into something so ridiculous you can't help but laugh.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, they do!

So many of them being above $59.99 is weird to me, because it implies it's either a lot of games with special editions/bundles or a couple of games with multiple enhanced SKUs, which to my memory, Nintendo almost never does.

I'm assuming the listing maker at Amazon did this as a joke. None of them are 60.

[Edit] wrong about price. It's simply that few are that low.

Last edited:

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I'm hyped for Switch Title 29! Switch Title 25 looks kind of uninspired, though. What was Ninty thinking?

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all i want until Pokemon is Animal Crossing and a Zelda game like A Link Between Worlds. Maybe even a 2d side scroller Mario.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Switch owners so thirsty for game they don't actually need to tell us what they are.

Oct 27, 2017
I always find it funny that Amazon is worth hundreds of billions of dollars, but they've still got these odd legacy systems at the core of their business that require that they set up public placeholder listings if they want to add new products to coincide with some external announcement.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Weird prices on the placeholders...

I need this direct asap, please. Do we have an actual idea of the date, or did that EA leak just say "January."

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
giphy.webp

Deleted member 36718

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
18 is a lot... I'm skeptical that these will be anything other than late ports and/or indie games, but we'll see I guess.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
None, the prices are also correct it appears. The Nintendo games are 59.99. There appear to be three special editions at 99.99, and I'm assuming the 75-79 are either big third party games with Switch cartridge tax or semi special editions.

You're right about there being a couple at 60.

I missed it on my 1st look. Now there is something worth discussing here because most of them are priced highly.

Either we have multiple skews and/or we're getting some games using 32 and 64 gb carts.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Er, isn't this just the equivalent of "Nintendo will announce games"?

Because duh?

I mean, if we're taking this at face value, I'm pretty sure "18 retail games announced at one Direct" would be far and away the most we've got at any event so far for the platform. Hell, it seems like there's hardly 18 retail switch games out all together at this point.

Oh shit, I didn't think about the $99.99 placeholders being special editions. I'm seeing 4 on my Amazon. All first party, perhaps? This bodes extremely well for my hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.