• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the fact that there are different prices for various games makes me think this is definitely legit.

That's a lot of announcements!

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I just pre-ordered Nintendo switch game 22. Gonna take the gamble and buy it regardless of what it turns out to be. Gotta live mas.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was a January direct confirmed? If so, do we know when in January it's supposed to be? Probably at the end of the month?
There was an EA PR piece that mentioned a January direct and considering Nintendo said they want the game release schedule to be like 2017 they certainly need to annoucne stuff sooner than later.Noone knows when though.
That reminds me, one of the games will be FE.
So we have FE for certain and rather likely a release for Hollow Knight.

Thargas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If look at the Amazon prices, there are 6 announced $59.99 games, so it seems likely that they will show 6 new games in addition to Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid, Bayonetta and Octopath.
All the items with higher prices are probably bundles or new Joy-Con colors or whatever.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of the more expensive SKUs could be deluxe or collectors (or both) versions of base games maybe.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Predictions:

• Mario Party 11
• Animal Crossing for Switch...with Super Mario amiibo content!
• Super Mario Maker for Switch

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Uh, how likely is it that this is real, and not just a hoax/mistake? It's really hard for me to believe they have that many games to announce in a single direct.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please let one of these be Dark souls, i don't care which one i just need a dark Souls game on switch.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Uh, how likely is it that this is real, and not just a hoax/mistake? It's really hard for me to believe they have that many games to announce in a single direct.

Assuming it includes 3rd party stuff I don't think its that insane. You could have localization confirmations for stuff like DQXI, DQ Builders 2, etc., in there.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember when people kept telling me not to be hyped about the January Direct lol.
Kimishima, Koizumi and Takahashi seemed very bullish on their line-up.
During E3 Takahashi even had a 'Sorry we don't have more games yet!' bit, but be assured we're working on them.

Nintendo has no more brakes on the Switch train.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please let one of these be Dark souls, i don't care which one i just need a dark Souls game on switch.
I actually wouldn't buy it if it's 2.
Everything else though...Hnnnnngg...
Kimishima, Koizumi and Takahashi seemed very bullish on their line-up.
During E3 Takahashi even had a 'Sorry we don't have more games yet!' bit, but be assured we're working on them.

Nintendo has no more brakes on the Switch train.
Yep. Their third pillar strategy and games lineup was probably rethought 1 week after launch lol.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Amazon hoax its customers? What do they get from it?
Smaller Nintendo Directs usually end with about a dozen announcements, this isn't that unbelievable, the only takeaway here is that there are 18 (or 15, if we remove the SE SKUs) retail games.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Let's please turn this thread into speculation about what the 4 special editions might be, thanks!

What were the last several Nintendo releases that got the special edition treatment? Xenoblade, Zelda and did Mario get one or was that just a bundle?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why I have a feeling that FE will have 2 versions again plus a LE

STGHMAAV

Oct 26, 2017
Is Minecraft retail version even listed on amazon? I remember them saying that the game was going to have a physical edition in the future.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's please turn this thread into speculation about what the 4 special editions might be, thanks!

What were the last several Nintendo releases that got the special edition treatment? Xenoblade, Zelda and did Mario get one or was that just a bundle?
Xenoblade, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem are the franchises that get LEs.
Mario does not. I suppose Mario Maker had that launch edition with the manual.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Again, that doesn't mean that they will all be new games. It could be already announced games that will now be available to preorder.
I seriously doubt all of them will be that. I expect at least 1 or 2 new announcements.

It would be nice to finally get a date. Been holding off on grabbing the title on Steam for the longest so I could take it on the go.
Yeah that has been the hardest wait on an Indie title for the system. I fucking need that game in my veins but I can't double dip atm bc I need to get MH World as well.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I changed the title to reflect 18 game SKU's and to include Amazon as the retailer.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
13 brand new game announcements is a lot for Nintendo, even for a E3.

Nintendo will announce 18 games. The number is important.

I mean, if we're taking this at face value, I'm pretty sure "18 retail games announced at one Direct" would be far and away the most we've got at any event so far for the platform. Hell, it seems like there's hardly 18 retail switch games out all together at this point.

Yeah, but I just don't find a lot of excitement in mere numbers before even knowing what they're all about.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
People don't realize that these are actually just about the real game names!

Kimishima said there will be many new games this year using HD rumble and the Joycon camera - meaning all these new unannounced games are spiritual sequels to 1-2 switch, and so their names are 2-8 Switch, 2-9 Switch, 2-4 Switch etc .

To obfuscate this Amazon added the word "title", removed the dash and reversed the name.

/s

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They have separate SKUs for some digital codes like MP4, so there might be some additional overlap there.

Status
Not open for further replies.